Register now to get rid of these ads!

Year nearly over- what did YOU buy/save this year??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Dec 4, 2009.

1. oldskooloutlaw

oldskooloutlaw
    from Tulsa

I bought a 52 Ranch wagon and sold it for parts money for my 41 Ford business coupe then bought a 41 more door parts car then saved a 61 rambler American wagon from the crusher then found another 41 Ford business coupe and my wife bought me a new to me car hauler, so I sored fairly good this year.[​IMG][​IMG]

2. koolkemp

koolkemp

Saved the Merc from being crushed before winter (so I was told...)

[​IMG]

1950 Meteor pretty much junk but I did save it..also got some 2 door doors mint hood and trunk, and some better front fenders...ya gotta have vision lol

[​IMG]

Dragged this 36 Tudor carcass home...gotta picture it as a 3 window taildragger
    [​IMG]

And this was a 35 3 window that was buried in a farm dump for over 50 yrs....still a bit of usable bits here

[​IMG]

3. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

[​IMG]
    Bought this thing for 400 bucks off of Craigslist. It was quite the adventure getting it home. It is a 53 Willys Aero. There isn't much holding this thing together anymore. It is a unibody car and there is nothing left of the frame rails. Basically the doors being shut and the trans tunnel are the only thing keeping this thing from spliting in two. Somewhere along the line a previous owner had "fixed" the car's rocker panels with wood 4x4s and nails. It isn't structural at all. Amazingly the original motor runs excellent. This winter I want to fix it back up and eventually use it as a daily driver.

[​IMG]

Bought this for 200 bucks. It is a 1950 Ford F-6. Unfortunately for me I am laid off and money is getting tighter and tighter so I might have to sell the whole thing :(

4. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

53 chrysler new yorker for the 331:)

5. Bought a '78 LeSabre as a drivetrain donor for my '55 Buick. Gained a 455/TH400 that was previously installed in it. The 55's frame was not the best of shape from previous abuse and I really had doubts that it would have been able to be altered. This is a bad luck story, 322 deals (2) gone sour, a 401/ST400 stolen, another 401 way overpriced.
    And Nailheads aren't easily found in the rustbelt.

And as a plus, a old friend is helping. And future son in law is involved too. Feels good again.

Now I have disc brakes, power steering and enough power to tow a travel trailer.

And I got energized again with cars this year, pretty much ignored the Buick and a restored '67 Pontiac for the last few years.

6. shock733

shock733
    from Florida

I picked up a 1936 Ford 3 window, 1930 Pontiac 3 window and a 53 331 HEMI. Also 32 ford frame 38 front/rear and 9 Stromberg 97's. 2009 has been a good year [ I still have a job ]. Lets hope we can ALL say that this time next year. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all the HAMB members and God's speed to all our troops abroad.

Attached Files:

7. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

Oh well another year gone..........

8. Wow!,...some amazing "saves" on this thread; I saved two 47 Ford big trucks,one a COE, both sold to good new homes; I also saved a 52 Chevy pickup, (incomplete but still a good project start) along with another AD cab. ...still gonna try to "save" two 48 Ford F-1's yet before Jan. first, weather permitting.
    ...a friend of mine just saved this 51 Nash Ambassador...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  9. phukinartie

phukinartie

I sold a bunch at the P S M and a olds 400 have bought nothing but the year is not over yet :)

10. henryj429

henryj429

I picked up this neat little project truck in Canada and a 35 parts truck in North Dakota.

[​IMG]

11. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

This.

Attached Files:

12. SteppinOut

SteppinOut

My neighbor saved this 56 Buick
    And I picked up a 55 Plymouth. We hope to have both on the road next year.

Attached Files:

13. ">1956 4-door mercury-hard top-SOLD[​IMG]">1940 2-door Pontiac slant back-SOLD[​IMG]

14. [​IMG]">Bought both the 50 Merc for me and the 60 Invicta Custom for my old lady.[​IMG]">

15. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Bought 29 rpu from a hot rodder in Hesparia,(Hey Bill) a quad four motor from a sand buggy guy in Riverside, and a deuce frame in Lemoore. Let the GOOD times roll!!!! Hey quad4rods I need to talk to you! WhooWho!!!!!!!

16. I went Easter Sunday and picked up my 1955 Desoto 291 Hemi engine.
    The intake is in my avatar.

Then about a week or so later I discovered the Hamb.
    I have come back everyday since,,,,a lot of cool stuff here.
    And a lot of great people.

Tommy

17. flathead okie

flathead okie

bought the Auburn Sold the Model A, wish I'd kept it........

Attached Files:

18. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

I saved an 28 Chevy sedan and a 26 chevy cowl ( see my trailer find post earlier this week).

And Tomorrow my youngest daughter and I start saving a 2001 Sabaru Forester that my brother gave her. We are pulling the transaxle and putting in a new clutch flywheel tomorrow, and next weekend we will fix the engine, head gaskets, timing belt, ect. and the following weekend brakes and chassis.
    Yes I know it's an off topic car but I'm thrilled that she wants to do this herself with my supervision.

Jim H

19. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I brought this '63 C-10 home t be my dailey driver.........

[​IMG]

20. Paul

Paul
    Editor

bought a chevy
    and started piecing together another '27

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  21. missysdad1

missysdad1

I bought this yellow '52 Vicky as a parts car for my blue '52 Vicky which is currently under construction. Turned out to be much nicer than I'd thought, so will probably resell it - minus a couple of bits here and there.

[​IMG]

It's a pretty nice car, very complete, not much rust and with a few fairly rare options including tinted windows and dealer-installed air conditioning. Sometimes you just get lucky! :D

Attached Files:

22. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I had to sell a lot more than I bought this year but I still have a 27 T coupe, a t speedster project, and two lincoln motors...a 430 with six dueces, and a 512 with eight dueces. The rest had to be cashed out and gone. Sucks but some neat stuff is better than no neat stuff.

23. milner142790

milner142790

I bought this thing sometime in april( 1953 desoto limousine!!). Quite the rusty thing it is, but probably have half of the metal fixed, both leaf springs were broken so i replaced them, got some wheels for it, didnt have a motor so I have a 383 big block out of a plymouth fury being rebuilt now for it, am doing the interior myself. Its gonne be pretty kickass. Hopeing to have it done sometime next year...

Attached Files:

24. _charles_

_charles_
    from Tampa, Fl

Saved a 1951 cadillac convertible. Don't let it's good looks fool you. It sat in a damp basement for over 30 years in NY, and is rusting like crazy from the inside...

[​IMG]

25. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Man, I'm so jealous of that Chevy....it looks SO sweet. The one I got this year was a piece of shit....embarrassed to show it.

26. twogees

twogees
    from Mid Mo.

Sold my 52 International and bought a 54 chevy 2 door and three 53 more doors. Got the 54 put together and enjoying the hell out of it!

Attached Files:

27. my 54

it was languishing, rusting in the hills between here and sf behind a wood pile after the p.o. blew up the trans trying to get it unstuck

after not much work and $$, it's now my fun daily when I'm not riding my duc or a bicycle. repairing some glass and touching up the interior now.

hope to drop the angry little 283 i'm building into it during the winter, and drop the rear 3-4". otherwise, it's pretty nice as is

the kids in the neighborhood love it and with 256s it rolls smooth down the highway

Attached Files:

28. vintagedrags

vintagedrags

Bought this in June:
    [​IMG]
    Then spent the summer building a new garage to start the build in!!
    All this while the wife and I had twins in September!!
    What a year.

29. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

[​IMG][​IMG]

27 t coupe with the top whacked off.....just what the dr. ordered:D:D:D

30. -Brent-

-Brent-

This year was a fun one. I went to the LA Roadster show, Bonneville, got married, went to Aruba, travelled back east a few times and met a BUNCH of HAMBers from all over the world.

I picked up an Ionia '32 perimeter frame for my A and a bunch of parts. I got a 20 T roadster and a slew of parts in 2 months time (enough to build it). Once the hoopla of the holidays is over I'll get put together.

I'd like 2010 to be the year of completing pending projects but I'm sure there'll be more buying/saving of hot rods. :D

Attached Files: