Register now to get rid of these ads!

A letter of thanks to Ryan C.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FeatherWeight, Dec 4, 2009.

1. FeatherWeight

FeatherWeight

I've been on this website for many years and have never posted. I met Ryan at the roundup while buying t-shirts, but have never really met him even though I live just three miles from his shop. Today, it was really cold here. I was driving down RR12 in my 55 ford truck early this morning. Just before town, it stalled and I knew emmediately that I was out of gas. I couldn't believe I let myself do that and now there I was stuck in the cold miles from home and miles from town.

After about 15 minutes I saw a yellow car headed down the highway. I didn't even have to flag it down. The driver just pulled over and I recognized the chevrolet station wagon as Ryan's. He took me to town, refused to let me pay for my own gas, and then drove me back to my car. Thanks Ryan. I hope you didn't get too cold caring after my stupidity!

2. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

That is what it's all about right there. Good for you Ryan!

3. moter

moter

you gonna fix the gas gauge this weekend? :D

Glad it all worked out!! At least you didnt get caught in Austin`s Blizzard of 2009!!!:eek:

4. 53choptop

53choptop

That is pretty much what the HAMB is all about, helping each other out.

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ha! I knew I could guilt you into posting!!!! It's like a seal - once you break it, you are screwed!

Seriously, you make it sound like I fought a war in your honor. Alls I did was pick your ass up and take you to a gas station. And I paid for your gas because you paid for the coffee. Square is square.

We shall do lunch next week. I'll drive... I don't want to get stuck on 12!

6. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

He's like a ghost of good will. Poof and he appears to chip in, the poof, he's gone.

Hang out a while longer and maybe say a few words!

7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm working on that. I actually talked to Glen. I figured it would spook him out if I just sat there and stared at his gas can.

8. FeatherWeight

FeatherWeight

You mean he is always that quiet? I thought he was just cold.

9. NoSurf

NoSurf

I feel all warm and fuzzy.

10. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Yep, he just stands around in his booth at the Round Up, watching the world go by. I snapped his picture once, but a wildlife expert called it a fake. I couldn't get $5 for it from the National Enquirer, even!

11. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hahahahaha!!! Alright! Nice to hear! Love it. Plain to see that Ryan lives what he preaches.

12. geemann51

geemann51

fwiw, Ryan's run out of gas out here in the Drip too, as I have as well. You can just chalk it up as an offering to the karma gods :)

Where is the shop anyway, I need to come by and check it out now that I'm home....

13. Zeke

Zeke

Ryan can talk?

14. Ruiner

Ruiner

Ryan owns a station wagon?

15. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Guilt posters are the worst, ha!

16. ryans a stand up guy,had an issue with getting my allance tag (mail man deliverd it to the wrong address) sent me out another one no problem

17. dbradley

dbradley

Actually a Pontiac Aztek.................. :D

j/k

18. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yeah, what the shit G? Come by and see me next week. Go right on RR12 for about 4.5 miles. Look for a black '39 sedan parked on the right side of the highway. That's me.

Yes. Reluctantly.

Yes, but it's for sale. You should buy it!

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Low blow :eek: :p

20. Townsend

Townsend

Ryan is the smartest and the quietest person I know. He's also probably the best hearted person you'll ever know if you get far enough in there.

He learned it from his dad. Well, everything but the quiet part. I can't get his dad to shut up!

21. Ruiner

Ruiner

Ryan, I can't afford a burrito, much less a car...and the Aztek comment was funny...I do dig Tuck's parts hauler, it's a good thing nobody told him a Prius isn't a truck...hahaha...

22. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Usually he never shuts up....like a Chatty Cathy doll.....

23. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Knew Ryan had been looking for a sedan, didn't see a post about it though. Was there one?

24. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

You know Ryan is an introvert (that is why he likes egoless cars, but that is another post). You can get special outcomes when an introspective introvert leads a group......

Mike (fellow introvert)

25. uncle max

uncle max
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Like any good Boy Scout working on a new Merit Badge would do. . .
    Helps little old ladys cross the road, even if they don't want to. :D

26. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

So everyones gonna analyze Ryan instead of giving the new guy shit for running outta gas??? :D

27. Ruiner

Ruiner

Sure, it's much easier to pick on Ryan than some guy that never did an intro in the past 2 years...ZING!!!...

28. BBobb

BBobb

You talk tough,but now we have proof your still a big softy...lol

29. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

nice. need more people like that these days. i was driving home a few weeks ago and there was a teenage girl in the middle of an intersection broke down. she was on the phone, visibly upset and not knowing what to do, etc. people were just driving around her, honking and being ass holes about it instead of helping her. i parked behind her and put my flashers on, pushed her car to the shoulder and saw that she was out of gas. so i went and grabbed a couple gallons for her and came back and put it in the car. she was stoked and i left feeling like i did my good deed for the day.
    i just couldn't believe how many other people literally couldn't have cared any less.
    it's the way things are now i guess, people don't give two shits about anyone else.

30. 61TBird

61TBird