Register now to get rid of these ads!

Yokohama Custom Hotrod Motor Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vivalahotrod, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Hey Dave, vivalahotrod posted this earlier in the thread VVVVV. Should we set a time or just stop by whenever??? Looking forward to this.

2. Hey Dave, staying at your same hotel???

3. weez

weez

Last year, I got several cabdrivers who didn't know where the convention center was, (not a language thing, I showed them a printed address in Japanese!) I got the feeling even I could get by driving a cab there... maybe they were stalling and were really good at playing bewildered.

I'm stoked the DicE party is close by, last year it I split $150 cab with Cole and Rico getting back from Tokyo. The year before, everyone got marker mustaches. What will it be this year... I'm getting there Friday with my girlfriend, gonna stay till Wednesday, got Mon./Tues. in Tokyo. It WILL be fun!

4. HELLMET

HELLMET

was going to go but wifes b-day and annivarsy same weekend but a bike i painted will be there say hi when you see it. billy

5. When all you lucky bastards get back please post some photos. thanks

6. I can only speak for myself, but I would assume Comet and Mrs. Comet as well would be happy to assist anyone getting around to various sites. We can maybe meet early Sat night at a locale... Train Station or???

7. I hope to have a few posted your Sunday AM...

8. Yep, I'd be happy to help in any way I can. I'm rolling in Friday evening on the shinkansen from Nagoya. Going to the Dice party Sat. I'll bring my special gold flake markers for Weez ;)

9. Or maybe who ever wrote the note was playing a joke on you and it said take me to the gay part of town so I can enjoy the fetish bars.:D

10. Yea. that's an old joke for the visiting gaijins in town.....

11. weez

weez

Would the hotel do that to me? Harsh!

12. probably more so an issue of not having the characters written correctly or readable. a squibly line off in a written character can change all meaning. Or, if was in English (Romanji), he may not have been able to read it..

13. Hahaha! Looking forward to meeting you Keith. We'll figure something out to get back at the hotels!

14. Lucky444

Lucky444

15. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

You could completely fuck them up......just wear shoes INSIDE the room!!!! :D

16. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I cant afford those expensive cab rides - that is why I bugged outta the Dice party so early last year - I did stick around long enough to see the japanese 70's fat Elvis - he even had 2 of the Memphis Mafia with him........
    I did not get to see the triumphant return of Kid Rocker (aka Dean from Dice) but heard the japanese fan club was there in full force swooning over every move he made........

great stuff

17. HemiDave

HemiDave
    from Austin, TX

Gonna be at the Toyoko Inn near the Yokohama Stadium. I just can't stay out of a Toyoko Inn!!:D

Dave

18. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  19. Hillbillywill

Hillbillywill
    from Brunei

Right......that's me here.................anyone else arrived and ready to party (in the rain!) ??????????

20. Jesse D.

Jesse D.

Jordan and I are leaving today at noon. Like Lady Lux (shelley) said, we will be vending at the show. Bringing hand made bike seats and purses made from vintage car upholstery. Look for us wearing OSK blue shirts. Love to talk to anyone willing. Should be a blast, woke up at 2 am with excitement.

We will take as many pics as we have time for and post after the show.

Maybe next year we will bring the 36 pontiac.

21. Jesse D.

Jesse D.

Forgot the pics

Attached Files:

22. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

If it`s cool with everyone we can meet up around 5 p.m. at my buddy Isamu`s pinstripe booth either on Sunday or Saturday. I will arrive in Yokohama on Saturday and will be at the pre-party then heading over to the Dice party. Then on Sunday I will be cruising around the show with a video camera stuck to my face and hanging out at my bud Isamu`s booth.

Just look for this mark

Attached Files:

23. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

Oh Yeah! Jesse D. that Pontiac is gorgeous

24. Hillbillywill

Hillbillywill
    from Brunei

ditto on the pontiac ! Looks great!

I'll be the only scottish guy at the show (that I know off) flat cap, big sideburns!

25. I think a time for Sunday AM at a booth should be established. Doors open for the show at 9AM. I do think alot of us will be at the pre-party though, I was informed that the doors would not open until a bit after 6:30 although. Is a two hour plan for the pre-party.

26. Skirt???

27. I agree with Imfatdad on the time. By then some people might be dispersing.

Ok, leaving for the train now...looking forward to this, hope to meet a lot HAMBers.

28. He's not kidding.......

[​IMG]

:D

Sorry Will ;)

29. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

"Aaaaaiiiiiyyyy!!!!!....I got a turtle head pookin ooot "!!!!

30. Church

Church
    from South Bay

I designed this for Cole Foster to bring to sell at the show. He said he wanted something a little different. I think I succeeded.

Take lots and lots of pics. I'll get there one year.

C

Attached Files: