Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wandered in... Decided to stay - Shoebox Woodie Pics Added

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by thebugbox, Dec 2, 2009.

1. thebugbox

thebugbox

I just moved back to Texas, after getting my visa renewed... I'm orginally from the far away land of Louisiana, but I personally think that is a great place to be 'from'... Spent the last few years outside the U.S. working, but glad to be back. I've missed my tools, and my cars. Plus socking away $9k in storage fees didn't make me happy...

I have a few projects...

• 1965 Malibu SS converted to Big Block 502
      • Runner and a Driver. Needs a posi in the back as it will spin the lone 3.31 geared tire to shreds...
      • Still need to get the paperwork sorted to get it legal again
    • 1957 VW Beetle Euro Ragtop
      • sitting outside for the last 3 years! Need to get back on the road
    • 1949 Ford Woodie
      • Rough, but restorable... I think
      • Essentially my coolest dream-car ever.
    • 1937 Austin 10
      • Actually this was bought by my Mom, but she's never given me any $$ to start on it, and I have enough projects to be honest. Wish I could get at least a frame built for it... Oh well.

I also run a 2003 SRT-4 that's fast as hell, but that's new iron, and I only run it on nice days. Probably going to sell it soon as the Daughter is getting to driving age, and its way to f'n fast for her... Pulls harder than the Chevelle the first 100 feet or so!

I'm seriously thinking about pulling the Woodie from the storage building and putting it in my garage this winter to start strippin it down and assessing the total damage. I've had it for around a decade and done nothing with it... Makes me mad.

Anyone know of any shoebox woodie groups? I haven't been able to find any groups specifically for these cars... The NWC and shoeboxfords.com are about as close as I found.

I may just have to start my own.

Enough about me. Love the HAMB so far...

Hello everyone!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  2. sawzall

sawzall

how rough is the 49 woodie??

this bad?

[​IMG]

3. pecker head

pecker head

Welcome from Corsicana .

4. *A.J.*

*A.J.*

Welcome back to Texas from Deer Park! I've got a buddy with a Woodie too... Not sure what kind of extras he may have, but I'd be happy to put you two in touch.

5. thebugbox

thebugbox

Maybe not that bad... But bad. At least it has all 3 rows of seats! It is bad enought that I've been unable to open the hood, LOL! It is supposed to have a Ford Flathead dealer installed crate engine from the '70s... I want to see it bad. I'll try to dig up some pics.

6. matfabrication

matfabrication

7. PegLegStrick

PegLegStrick

Welcome from South Georgia :D

8. thebugbox

thebugbox

9. Engine-Ear

Engine-Ear
    Alliance Vendor

"Yah, hey dare!" greetings from Wisconsin!

10. thebugbox

thebugbox

Here's my latest post: http://www.kr8.com

I'm not quite ready for my own build thread yet, so until then, I'll just post on kr8.com until I get her back to my garage this winter.

It may not be as rough as the other one up in the thread, but here's how rough it is though...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. goshawks00

goshawks00
    from Saline, Mi

Man that's an easy fix<G> Been workin on a 51 for a couple years now, and some parts are easy to find--- others near impossible... Good luck on getting a site for shoebox woodies , I'm in!!
    Barry

12. jason65

jason65

Welcome from Ok.

13. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

Welcome from buford,ga.
    when you get your woody home look me up i've got a bunch of build pic's that i have taken on a 49 woody that i'm doing for a customer. looks like you have the basic's for one.
    that third seat frame is next to impossible to find or afford if you find one.
    good luck

14. 19chevy53

19chevy53
    from Nanaimo

Welcome from Canada

15. thebugbox

thebugbox

Thanks for the offer! I've been told that the rear-seat is rare. Also, since most of my glass is stamped lincoln, I'm told this is a rare early '49, but I'll figure out more once I finally get her out of storage and into the garage.

16. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

Looking forward to it.
    when you get a chance look in the engine compartment and on the pass. side their is a # stamped and you can go to the early V/8 ford club web site and they can tell you when and where it was built.
    also be aware when you start looking for parts things like the dash are woody only.

17. Welcome from North Texas.