Register now to get rid of these ads!

Say thanks to our troops HAMBers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gasser1961, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

Now this is cool! Here is a great way to express your thanks to our troops especially now during the holidays! Pass it along.

Subject: FW: XEROX IS DOING SOMETHING COOL

If you go to this web site, www.LetsSayThanks.com you can pick out a thank you card and Xerox will print it and it will be sent to a soldier that is currently serving in Iraq . You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to a member of the armed services.
    How AMAZING it would be if we could get everyone we know to send one!!! It is FREE and it only takes a second.
    Wouldn't it be wonderful if the soldiers received a bunch of these? Whether you are for or against the war, our soldiers over there need to know we are behind them.
    This takes just 10 seconds and it's a wonderful way to say thank you. Please take the time and please take the time to pass it on for others to do. We can never say enough thank you's. Thanks for taking to time to support our military!

2. cali707sf

cali707sf

Hooah... we soldiers love recieving letters of support... Thank you everyone that does this for the troops!

3. turney33

turney33
    from pasco,wa

great web site thanx for the heads up gasser!

4. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Hey that's pretty cool. It's neat to look at all the artwork, some of those kids are really talented. It would be nice if everyone sent a thank you, especially around the holidays. Thanks to them we can be home.

5. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man I live in the wrong country to have served! I sent onetoo, good on'yer boys!

Doc.

6. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

7. Sent-Thanks for the heads up.

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The artwork from those kids is amazing. Card sent.:cool:

9. firehawgcfd

firehawgcfd

Awesome link, my wife has deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan 3 times so I know how much they enjoy receiving stuff from home. Thanks to all who are serving now and have served in the past and god bless our troops and bring them home safe.

10. I had sent 2 a couple weeks ago, at least they dont limit you as too how many you can send!!:D

peace needs protection

11. B.coupe

B.coupe
    from Mile High

Very Cool. God Bless America!

12. joseph.peter.carter@us.ar

[email protected]
    from USA

Right now, I am sitting in Kuwait, from returned from Iraq. Read this site almost everyday, when I get some time. Great job. Thanks

13. Dads-53

Dads-53

Thanks for posting, I don't know anyone who wouldn't want to suport them and wish them well.
    Don

14. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Wow very cool, Card sent. I'm gonna pass this link around too thanks for posting it.

15. CGkidd

CGkidd

Joe Carter Just want to say thanks for serving glad to hear you are in Kuwait for now. Ya due to rotate stateside anytime soon? Keep yourself and your buddies safe.

16. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

card sent.... thanks for the link

17. CGkidd

CGkidd

Oh yeah card sent.

18. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Card sent and will pass on the link to many friends!!!

19. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

X2 Thanks for the link, and thanks to our troops. God Bless them
    and pray for their safe return.

20. CADILLAC AL

CADILLAC AL
    1. oHIo

Done & gone & forwarded to everyone in my mailbox.
    Thanks HAMB
    Al

21. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

I saw it on another webpage and thought it was a great idea.

22. Man if that doesn't put a lump in your throat then you aren't an American!

THANK YOU for what you're doing, and pass the Thanks on to all your buddies, be they guys or gals! Now watch your back and get home safe.

God Bless you!

23. Done and sent, spent a couple Christmases away from home while in Uncle Sam's service. I was always one of the fortunate ones to receive care packages during the holidays or other times just "because". Of course they were all shared as intended with others. However some guys would walk away at mail calls to avoid the rejection. Gets awful lonely at times and anything from home is always a boost even if for just a moment.

Thankfully for the current generation in service things have changed since my tour in Nam in '72.

24. Sent, Thanks for the heads up. I am aVietnam veteran, messages from home mean a lot.

25. forddragracer

forddragracer

just keeping it at the top

26. Mo$4Ford

Mo$4Ford

Thank You To Everyone! Anything You Send A Soldier Helps, Lets Them Know We Care. It Helps Them Get Through Another Day Or Days. Thank You Gasser1961 For Helping Everyone Be Aware Of The Link. I Myself Am In The AIR FORCE. Got Out In 95 Then During 9/11 Went Back In. Have Been In, On And Off For Over 20 Years. I Thank The ARMY, MARINES And NAVY! Those Guys And Gals Are In It. Thank You Again And Thank The Military. "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE!"

27. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

i met my business partner's sister in law's husband today, who just returned from iraq. i shook his hand and said thank you. felt good to let someone know their efforts are appreciated.

28. MarkL

MarkL
    from Tacoma WA

When your over in that shit hole sometimes getting mail can really make your day. Especially with the holidays here, A card during the holidays can really brighten the day of a soldier or airman stuck over there. When I was in Iraq during X-mas my mom-in-law submitted my name and address to the local hometown paper and I was getting mail and packages almost daily from people I didnt know. I recieved more mail than anyone else there. Of course I shared the goodies I recieved. It really makes a difference, especially to the single guys that may not recieve much mail. It lets then know someone cares and really appreciates the sacrifices they make. If your local news paper prints the names and addresses of folks serving in the sandbox, at least pick a couple of names and send a card to them, theres also many websites out there to donate for care packages to be sent over.
    Joseph, glad you'll be home in time for the holidays!

29. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

take a minute to say thanks

30. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Just sent mine in!