Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Everybody's got a Dream...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeff Norwell, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Hot dammm Jeff that is one bitchin roadster.

2. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Jeff, Great! Now you will HAVE to come out to California when you get it done, to either the GNRS or the CHRR...Doug

3. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

You sick bastard! I love it.

4. weez

weez

How about what he put on the back of Gibby Haynes' Chevy! (A rotten arm w/ a hypo sticking out of that said "Mother" under it!) Fantastic!

5. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Well thanks everyone for the kind words....I will keep all update with a few new sketches and progress on the build

again...many thanks

J.

6. Your artwork is out of control as well....VERY GOOD.

7. Rusty

Rusty

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Wow! Love it, Jeff! This car is gonna be pure bad- ass! I cant wait to see the progress on the build as well as the finished product. The illustrations look fantastic! Nice touch with Snidely Whiplash!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  9. blackout

blackout

10. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

thats ahsome!!!!!!!!! U drawer gewd..

11. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

Jeff--glad to see some drawings. That's a bitchin' finned Moon timing cover on that hemi of yours . . . . And I'm glad you got the approval of the better half.

Matt

12. Awesome....

Now hurry up....;):D

Cheers,

Drewfus

P.S. I share your influences, although I want a 3 window coupe, think 'Sheldon Schmit's coupe (PHR Oct 62 cover) and you'll see what I mean

13. That's my kind of build Jeff! Will we be seeing you at Bowling Green, or will I have to make a trip to Lancaster to see it??:)

14. Burny

Burny

Damn, you are one talented son-of -a-bitch! Awesome vision...Can't wait to see it come together.

15. SQUINTS24

SQUINTS24
    from Monrovia

bitchin' vision !

16. Muttley

Muttley

HAHA, awesome........Dick Dastardly on the insert rules.

17. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Happy with high 10s or 11s? Blown and injected on alky, and you can shut it off at 900 ft and do that. Give yourself (and Neil) some respect.

I'm liking the radiator for an injected motor though. No worries..ever..about getting hot.

I've never tried injection with gas. I understand it's more tempermental than alky.

It'll be way cool regardless. I wanna run you.

18. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Dave... your car ain't named "Hell za pop'in" for nothing...... that deuce is scary fast....and has ALL my respect.
    I'm a believer....but truly... you and the Hog Mountain crew, the James boys and Mother's Worry really tripped the switch for me.... the cameraderie,the fun and just hanging really got me...(and of course the racing).
    I need to know what are your thoughts on Alky with an injected motor?

pros and Cons

Tell Terry I say "Hey"

19. guiseart

guiseart

good lord... at least you don't need help with the sketches do ya?

sick man, real sick.

20. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

You crazy, man!

21. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Jeff, I appreciate that. I'll tell Terry and Randy you said hey. Blown alky makes a lot of power though. For real. It will be fast. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'd do it if I could.

I like injected alky. If nothing else it looks cool. You can run a 9s or 10s pretty easy. There is more maintenance than gas and a carb, but not a ton. Biggest thing is to get all the fuel out of the pump, lines and nozzels when you aren't racing. Hilborn has a guide on their site you can download.

You can start it in the pits, drive to the line, race and drive back. I prefer to have a both a cooling system and good charging system. Makes the car trouble free.

Also remember there is a lot of cost in safety equipment, parts etc if you go fast, especially in an open bodied blown alky car. -20 firesuit, fire system etc.$2-3K at least.

You're gonna have fun fun fun no matter what.

22. Django

Django
    from Chicago

23. Gigantor

Gigantor

Jeepers Jeff! I need to sit down and try to draw some things up for my car... It "looks" as good as your drawings do in my head, but once I sit down with a pencil and paper it all goes to snot. If I created some "schematics" like you did I think most of the hard work would be done.
    Can't wait to see progress on this!

24. Tsquared

Tsquared
    from Pratt, Ks.

I can`t wait to see it run at MOKAN!!!

25. What's the oil change interval on Alky, I was thinking when I was helping crew for Bernie it was changed every other round? It sure turned it to milk but was cool to see the injector hat with frost on it after a pass.
    A simple one man show is a good idea on the mechanicals, once you need fuel squirted to fire,arm restraints and a fire system it's not really a one man deal anymore.

26. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

On the injected Fordoor we have a fuel pump plumbed into the barrel valve , momentary switch on, self primes while your cranking it, it works great It is the line in the rear of the valve.[​IMG][​IMG]

27. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

DW: Norwell has been talking trash and wants to have a show down at the Round-Up.... Can you believe he's bringing his truck down?

28. yekoms

yekoms

I'm a cylinder head guy in a race engine shop. Alky and injection is no problem. Ask any sprint car guy. The two have been together for a long time and there is lots of info out there. To me the bad part of alky is the condensation and rust that comes with it. Total Seal Gapless piston rings help a bit with the alky/oil contamination but, they hold the moisture above the rings and can rust the cylinder alittle if the engine sits to long. Fog or pickle the engine at the end of the day. I don't type too good PM me if you want to. I can explain things better by phone.
    Smokey

29. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Yeah yeah........I've heard that before.

BRING IT SON! hahaha

30. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome