Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whitedevil Coupe HEADER HELP!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WhiteDevil, Dec 1, 2009.

1. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Hey I was really looking at "options" for headers for my 31 coupe! I see so many lake style headers and I like how the look but I was looking around to see what else works with a 31 coupe. I have seen some really good looking styles but its hard to find what they are from! Attached is a couple pics of a header style that I really like...dont know the headers or the car....PLEASE HELP!!! Lets here some imput..thanks alot (A pic of my car is attached as well so you can get an idea of what the style is like)

Attached Files:

2. skunx1964

skunx1964

prolly custom made, but i think theres some out there that are similar. lemme look for some pics

3. skunx1964

skunx1964

4. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mine is a T not an A but here are mine

[​IMG]

5. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

6. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

I'm using one of those weld -it- yourself lakes header kits but,extending the cones to run along the frame below the body and using extra bends to get the pipes there.The front pipes will come out just above the frame rail so I can retain the stock hood sides by notching them at the bottom. I'm not very far along with the headers yet so,the pics are shit but will maybe give you an idea or two.
    Cheers,
    Mark
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Alot of great ideas.......hrm2k did you make yours yourself? I like that look but with a collector and the bottom and no flanges....With the collector yours would look kind of like the roadster that I posted. Anyone else have anything close to the roadster that I posted or even know of the car?????

The 34-40 ford fenderwell headers have come up alot...might have to get a pair and alter them.....keep coming with the pics and IDEAS!!!

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

9. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No, they were built by Clark Bates here on the HAMB

10. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The car in the last two pictures in the first post appears to have a set of fender well headers from something, maybe? The car also looks really familiar. I will check my photo archive.

11. SteadyT

SteadyT

Headers like hrm2k's T would look killer

12. millersgarage

millersgarage

I made mine--see avatar--as I did not find any that I liked. After doing this set, I will build more in the future, it really was not that hard to do. I got the kit from Speedway Motors, and made them the way I liked.

13. SATANSSHO4

SATANSSHO4

they look to be 35-40 fenderwells with the 3bolt flang cut off

14. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

My only question with the 35-49 ford fenderwell headers would be is there any way to baffle them.....cut off the flange make an extension and then what baffle could I run...I dont want open headers but I dont want a full exhaust either!!!! Any other ideas....someone has to know this car

15. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Thanks!!!! Man I would like to know about those headers...they do look like some altered 35-48 ford fenderwell headers! Whats everyone else think?

16. skunx1964

skunx1964

you could prolly fab some of those cone baffles onto a collector ring and secure em with chrome wingnuts, then you could pop out the baffles at will. and yes, i think the 35-48s will be very close to what yer lookin for.

17. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Im thinking 35-48 fords is the ticket so far....Guess I need to get black if Im going to cut them up and just get them coated later...If I lengthen the collecter a little bit is there any small baffles that will fit in a little longer collector???

18. 32 hudson

32 hudson

Sugest that you take a look at the Schoenfeld Street Rod Header on their website. It is similar to ford header and goes over the frame. $249.95 for the painted version. I am considering using them on my Hudson coupe.

White devil is awsum !!

19. pompadour

pompadour

I like the fenderwell headers on bobs old mans 32

20. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Well got some fenderwell 35-48 ford headers ordered today OH YEAAAHHH!!!! Didnt get them coated cuz I have a feeling I will be doing some welding and cutting on them before I get them coated locally!!! The coupe will really start looking like a car with some headers on the ol trusty small block!!!! Now setting up the baffles will be in the week ahead! Thanks for ALL OF THE HELP!!!

21. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Here they are sitting on the car...they came in late so now outside pics

Attached Files:

22. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Illinois

Looks good bring the collectors closer to the car and perfecto.

23. captmullette

captmullette

got mine on.... what ya think??

Attached Files:

24. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Looks good...heres an update of mine "started cutting them up" and putting on the new collectors/baffles

Attached Files: