Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects thoughts on a white frame ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirtbag13, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

If it's going to be a trailer queen then white might be okay, I did an engine compartment in white back in 1966 and I hated it. It was impossable to keep it clean looking and every scratch nick or piece of dust pops out at you. I like the Cream idea as stated somewhere above but also it's yours, do whatever makes your boat float.

2. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

A nice ivory white sounds good.Go for it!

3. nutajunka

nutajunka

Sound's like a science project. Maybe a new way to kill bug's? :D

4. Orange Crate

Orange Crate

I agree that it's yours and you can do as you like, when I built my 55 F-100 I two toned the frame, bright orange and pastel carmel, looked COOL till it had a few miles on it! Would I do it again.....NO! I would have the "Dancing Oranges" repainted on the rear of the housing though.....

5. My 37 had a white frame and firewall back in 59 , very hard to keep clean but I did like the look. Now the frame and suspension is black, to old to crawl under the car to clean.

6. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

truck is not channeled ! it's the one in my avatar , torn completely down and being redone !

7. CarGar

CarGar

MPO is that a white frame would draw attention away from the more important stuff, i.e. running gear and body. I vote for old, traditional, boring, black.

Cheers -- Gary

Almost anything you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it. -- Gandhi

8. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

A white frame makes me think about 60s show cars up on stands covered with angel hair with the chrome brake drum removed to show the detailed brakes. Interesting to look at in the middle of January at an indoor car show but completely useless as a hotrod.

9. pics >>>

Attached Files:

10. SniffnPaint

SniffnPaint

Yeah what Noland said! :D

11. Algon

Algon

Take a look at Tony Nancy's early cars, at bit more then show and bad ass.

I'm going white with my chassis, and my brothers 58 GMC has a white frame. I'm not the biggest POR-15 fan but he used their two part white coat on it. It is an original NAPCO fire truck so everything was white and red...With 38" mudders on it, all it ever took was spraying it down with a garden hose and it held up well to rocks and mud slinging off the tires.

12. Chuck R

Chuck R

As you can see opinions are like assholes, everybodies got one. Why don't you just follow your head on this one, do what makes you happy.
    chuck

I guess that's my opinion. Haha

13. ZRODZ

ZRODZ

On Friday I walked into a local top end upholstery shop and saw a model A coupe sitting on the floor being worked on. It had a white frame, engine, and firewall, I instantly thought "early '60s show car". Sure enough, that's what the guy was looking for. Looked good, but man what a pain to keep clean, especially if you drive 'em hard.