Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects thoughts on a white frame ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirtbag13, Nov 30, 2009.

1. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

getting closer to having the chassis wrapped up on my 28 roadster pickup ! have been tossing around some color ideas and since the engine and wheels are already victory red i'm thinking of going that color for the body with a white firewall and the 32 grill insert in white ! so i originaly planned on painting the frame red also but would like to have it powder coated which leads me to this dillema ? not real keen on a black chassis but the thought of going white is kinda sticking in my head now ! just want some input thoughts ? any pics of cars with white chassis ? thanks brock

Attached Files:

2. krusn56

krusn56
    from san diego

Will the whole frame be visable? Is it going to be driven or trailered? A show piece or driver? Your user pic looks bitchn....

3. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

I say do it and drive it till it looks like crap....then redo it.

4. squirrel

squirrel

what do you want people to see? If the frame is white, they'll see it. If it's black, they won't.

I kinda think the body should be highly visible, the frame not so much.

5. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Its gonna get dirty ,I dont think it would matter much Black or white wax will be your only friend ..............

6. SniffnPaint

SniffnPaint

Ive always thought a bone color or an off white works better with most warm colors. my 2 cents..

7. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

warm colors????

8. dannyego

dannyego

always wanted a white frame. DO IT!!!!!!!!

9. plummad

plummad
    from Washington

Sounds like a job for the photoshop thread, But I think it would look fine, A lot like a white firewall, looks clean, but stay on top of any type of leak or it will show...

10. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

no trailers here , my vehicles are all driven and hard but on the same note are very detailed !

11. Noland

Noland

warm colors are like red,orange,yellow and stuff like that cool colors are greens,blues and purples learned that in art class haha

12. Anderson

Anderson

Is it channeled? If you only see the frame from the firewall forward, I think white would look great. But it's the body is on top like in your avatar, I'd go with body color.

13. I want to build amodel A with a Ivory frame one day. I love the lavendar model a from Oh.

14. kiwicowboy

kiwicowboy
    from linwood nc

white frame will look OK.

Attached Files:

15. brandon

brandon

go thru the old mags....might see what your looking for. i know of a purple t roadster with hemi power...pretty sure it had a white frame & that thing is beautiful. :D

16. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Any shade of white will show all the dirt and oil. So unless you're willing to be under it constantly cleaning, I say go red.

17. cretin

cretin

I agree with the fidgiter on this one.

18. BBobb

BBobb

I piss and moan every time i have to do what little cleaning i have to do before i pull my ride out of the shop.Bottom line you a better man than me going with a white frame.

19. DrJ

DrJ

Best color for a frame or the entire chassis for that matter is the mixed colors of axle grease, road tar and used motor oil all together.
    Kind of a reddish dark brown with a blue tinge... :cool:

20. here is mine. It looks clean but takes alot of work to keep it that way.

Attached Files:

21. WhitePunkOnNitro

WhitePunkOnNitro
    from Middle Tn

My wife has a 68 Roadrunner, and we decided to do the undercarrage/underhood/suspension and wheelwells in gloss white Rustoleum . We're going to shoot the body in B5 Electric blue, but right now, it's still in gray primer while we finish the last of the bodywork.
    Lemme tell ya...it POPS. Makes the car look like a giant toy and has an ultimate 60's Hotrod aura to it. You can spot this thing from blocks away! We love it.
    It's the kind of thing you expect to get dirty...and a little of that may actually add a bit of charisma. Keep it smooth with a couple of coats, and pressure wash as need be.

22. Very late 50s-early 60s; I'd do it.

23. Chuck R

Chuck R

You could paint it white but then paint inside the frame rails black.

24. Big Block Bill

Big Block Bill

I think white ties in with your color theme. I also think a white chassis will show cracks real quick, could save you an accident....... just an added thought

25. mj40's

mj40's

I had a friend do his in white. Looked good out of the box but as soon as it was driven, it became apparent that it was going to be a chore to keep up. He made the mistake of painting the front and rear axles white also. Bug blood and guts every where.

26. greeno

greeno
    from Fresno,Ca.

A lot of the old sprint cars, big cars, and Indy cars had cream colored frames and wheels, usually with red, blue or black bodies. I always liked the combination. There are still alot of them around at the vintage races. A brite commercial white doesn't seem to be in favor.
    Gary

27. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

do it. let's see it.

28. Pearl white with some pinstriping would work for me.

Bob

29. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

i"ve got a white 28 roadster with white firewall and frame. believe it or not, it hides regular road dirt dirt fairly well. it does show every smudge of oil and grease though. I used to spend as much time polishing the underside of the car as I did the body because of it. drove me batshit! car was built in the early 90's and is about ready to come apart and have a few things straightened out. seriously considering a color change....

30. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

questions like this one are just crazy. If you want a white frame paint the thing white. It's your vehicle. Who cares what every one else thinks? Do you live to please them? I'm not bashing on you...just do your own thing.