Register now to get rid of these ads!

what kind of trailer insurance do you have?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 94hoghead, Nov 30, 2009.

1. 94hoghead

94hoghead

With all the post about stolen trailers lately I began to wonder, what type of trailer insurance is best? My home owners policy only offers $1000 coverage after the $1500 deductable. Surely theres something better out there....:confused:

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I don't have a trailer BUT Grundy does cover them.
    www.Grundy.com

Right from their website.........

Service Vehicles…And the Trailers They Tow.

Whether it’s a trailer for your thoroughbred, speedboat or collector vehicle, Grundy, through the Private Client Group, will cover the trailer and the pick-up truck or other service vehicle that tows it. Together, we specialize in providing the coverages you need, so you can feel secure while you tow your personal valuables across the state or the country.

3. squirrel

squirrel

I should get $1000 deductible coverage on my $800 car trailer...

4. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

I've got a 36' enclosed gooseneck that is insured with State Farm for Comp and Collision (The liability follows the vehicle towing the trailer). $84.00 per year / $500.00 deductible. No coverage for contents, since it's assumed a vehicle inside would be on it's own policy. Stu

5. SniffnPaint

SniffnPaint

None for my home built. Shhhh

6. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

just contact your local agent - they will insure you....I have mine on my Allstate policy with my 2 other daily drivers

7. $40/yr for my open hauler.

8. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

I have a trailer I've been towing it to swap meets for years. I inquired about insurance once and the agent said it needs plates and registration first:confused:.............. LOL

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  9. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

If its hooked to my truck its covered and everything on it is covered.if its in my driveway its covered under my house.

10. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid

This reminds me that I need to get insurance on my car hauler... more worried about theft than anything...

11. dbradley

dbradley

Trailer insurance............. 'round these parts that's "Homeowner's" :D

12. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

No shit? I never even thought of it because its covered by the vehicle pulling it for liability.

13. I insured my enclosed for theft thru my auto insurance carrier. It was cheap in relation to replacing in. Every time I turn around I hear of one getting stolen.

14. 94hoghead

94hoghead

Exactly! There seem to be more and more trailers stolen everyday. It's hard to stop a thief so I guess insurance is the next best thing.

15. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

Double check that. Here in CO its covered under your homeowners policy up to $1000 on premises only. It depends what "stuff" is on it. If its a car and the car is insured, yes its covered under the auto policy. If its a car thats not insured, NO coverage. Call you carrier and find out BEFORE something happens!

16. SniffnPaint

SniffnPaint

Cant believe no one caught that.....comedy.:)