Register now to get rid of these ads!

cub scout hotrod time

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustom_kreep, Nov 29, 2009.

1. kustom_kreep

kustom_kreep

Well it is time to start getting ready for the pine wood derby again.the kids and i worked on theese all weekend.

Attached Files:

2. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Good stuff!

3. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

that's cool.
    one of the many reasons i'm glad i don't have kids. i don't want to sit around and carve wood all weekend and pretend like i'm having a great time. plus they smell funny and whine a lot.

4. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You should've let the kids do somethin' too!!!...............:D

5. kustom_kreep

kustom_kreep

I did i stayed busey on the blue one i am sure my oldest sones hand are wore out from sanding the green one

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

That's a really good thing you're doing with the kids. Some of my favorite memories were in the Scouts.

7. kustom_kreep

kustom_kreep

Would like to see what the other racers are building this year

8. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

Cool! It's my first pine wood derby this year, well at least in 30+ years :)

My son just started as a Tiger Cub and we got our kit last week. Lots of cool "Hot Rod" goodies at the scout store make me want to build one for myself.

I like the Land Speeder, being a Star Wars fan my son wants me to make R2D2, the land speeder may be a little easier.

I'll post up our creations as soon as possible.

9. Top_Notch

Top_Notch
    from schaumburg

Dad's car for the parents race. At least I won't have to explain what it is to the folks on this board. Doing a 'Hot Rodded' 1932 for this year.
    [​IMG]

Youngest son's 1970 Plymouth SuperBird in progress from last year.
    [​IMG]

10. kustom_kreep

kustom_kreep

are the tail lights legos

11. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good to you for spending so much of your time with the boys. Good memories. They'll remember. I still have fond memories and gratitude for the time spent by my scoutmaster. He was a great guy. Learned a lot of things. Had a lot of fun. Tell the boys, "Good luck at the races, and have fun!" - Rick

12. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

Good job, being a Dad is the best investment!

13. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

Those are gonna haul ass, nice job. Dont forget the grafite on the axles and some lead in the nose...LOL !

14. Shobra

Shobra
    from SLC, Utah

Here is a quick pic of ours.... set a new track record.

Attached Files:

15. Shobra

Shobra
    from SLC, Utah

need the side shot to see that it's a C Cab.

Attached Files:

16. kustom_kreep

kustom_kreep

anyone eles building this year?

17. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

Been busy with the Christmas Train layout, next weekend we will be cutting out a couple bodies and getting starting on our builds, pics to follow.

18. kustom_kreep

kustom_kreep

finished them up we are racing tuesday

Attached Files:

19. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Your children will always remember, good on you. Scouting is a great thing.

20. Last year we had just watched my new DVD of Dirty Mary/Crazy Larry. So we built the yellow Charger. This year I'm a leader and the leaders have their own race so I get to build my own car too.

21. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Got started on my nephew's today. I lowered it and polished the axles. Also narrowed the wheels for less rolling resistance. Now he has to decide want type of car he wants.

22. mottsrods

mottsrods

Wow KK, you guys are having your races early. We're not having ours until late January. I got 8 of the kits from the scout store last week for me to start on. I always make at least 5-6 so I can fine tune and get the one that seems the fastest. I'll post some pics next week as I start on ours.... by the way, my son says he likes the Chevy truck one, and when you're done, you can send it to him.....LOL

23. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

Got started today, my buddy and his son came over and we taught the boys about #1 rule safety, had them cut out there cars on teh band saw with our supervison and help.

We got the bodies cut out, started sanding, deburred and polished the axles.

My sons is the slingshot dragster looking one and mine is the roadster. Lots more work to do and I will update photos as we progress.

We had a great time and the boys learned a few things.

Attached Files:

24. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

I have always like pine wood durby cars,I had fun with my boys. I realy like the truck

25. upperwhitetrash

upperwhitetrash

My son got his kit last week, we may start on it in a few days. Last year we built a VW (Volksrod) I will have to find it and post some pics. He was beat in his second race, wasn't fast.... But looked cool!! I think our race is late Jan. maybe early Feb. Lots of fun for the kids.... AKA, "the future rodders"!!!!!! We all started somewhere!!

26. sonim38

sonim38

in my troop pinewood derby meant give your dad a block of wood and let him make a car. what the heck do kids know when there 9. lol all of mine lost horribly. for some odd reason the carpenters kids always won. haha womp womp