Register now to get rid of these ads!

Slightly O/T - New die cast company

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sean72, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Where's the chopped,flamed 49 Mercury' LOL!!!!
    I'll keep my eyes open for those...

2. sean72

sean72

Funny, we actually been going back and forth on either a 55 or 56 Fairlane. Will keep you posted.

Sean

3. sean72

sean72

Bob, I actually just signed off on the packaging proofs today. The Stretch Rod Mercury should be here in August.

Sean

4. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Cool. You should have some custom series ones... Bellflower customs, Sleds, Salt runners, hot rods. Then you'll really get this board in a frenzy!

5. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Nobody makes a 32 Ford Tudor like this in a hot rod theme. Would be a very big seller. NOTE I didn't say roadster, three window or five window which everybody makes.

6. I'll second that. For HO, you can simplfy them by dropping opening hoods and doors, they'd sell like hotcakes, every other recent die cast of vintage American cars has sold pretty well. I mean, if Walmart stores can sell out four cases of 1/87th 70s compacts like Pintos and Gremlins, plus a bunch of foriegn make stuff...

The only real issue as I understand it would be with the GM stuff, they won't let manufacturers use their designs on models under 2.25" long, they have to pass a choke tube test to make sure little kids can't get them stuck in their windpipe.

There's a lot of cars never before done in HO (or if done, done poorly a long time ago) - while '61 Chryslers were well covered, very few other 50's Mopars have been done.

7. Or '56!

8. Good luck with it all, pretty cool.

9. sean72

sean72

We do have a series of mild customs that came out. We are working on some other things as well. ;)

Sean

10. sean72

sean72

I hear ya. Sedans are cool, stay tuned.

Sean

11. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

damn. those look nicer than the franklin mint cars! still waiting on a sedan delivery though:rolleyes:

12. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

OK, when you do the 32 Ford Tudor I'll take 5, ummm, 10, I have some friends. A deuce sedan would be VERY cool. Can't wait.

Like I told the kid, "Your music not too loud , it just sucks!"

13. belair

belair

Where's the yellow 32 3 window?:) I LIKE that 57 ford. Hope you do a lot of the off-beat cars. How bout a 55 2 door sedan Olds? Ought to sell at least one to me.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  14. I'm all over that!!!

15. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Any plans on trucks? I'm partial to AD chevys. The best I have found was from JADA, sold as Jesse James's Bling Auto Sales.

16. Radio Joe

Radio Joe

Hey Sean- I found these at the local Doller Tree (Dollar Store) with clear bodies. I dont know if they were knock offs but there were 6 different cars all with clear bodies. Labeled "M2 Clearly Auto-thentic" and the details were great. I was immediately impressed and bought the whole set- Not the normal crap you find at the dollar store!

I have them hanging in my shop and can take pics of them if anyone wants to see them.

17. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

A bunch of cool cars posted here. Trying to keep the diecast habit under control and it has been fairly easy for the last few years since there is not much of interest out there anymore. These seem to be good ones though.

18. Well I had stopped buying die casts except for t-hunts. But looks like I will be starting up again. Will have to put the project cars on hold.

19. ChromePlaterJosh

ChromePlaterJosh

I found the transparent ones in a dollar store too! About 2 weeks ago. I bought them out, but only got 3; the 55 Pontiac, 54 Merc, and 53 Olds.

I am considering using tham as X-mas presents, but I like 'em.

20. sean72

sean72

Yes, keep an eye out in 2010.

Yeah guys, we make the M2 Clearly Auto-Thentics.The line is on hold for now and the remaining product was discounted. The Clearly cars are actually made of really good/expensive plastic so the bodies are really clear. You might see a few Clearly cars out next year.

Thanks,
    Sean

Here is a promo car we did last year. It's a Clear car on the drivers side and it's painted on the passenger side (looks like a normal die cast car on this side). This one is really cool.
    [​IMG]

21. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

You need to do a 49 Buick sedanette (fastback)

22. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

The way I see it is that the people making the cars just keep making the same old cars. How many 57 Chevys,32 Ford roadsters and 32 3-window coupes are there on the market.

23. These are really nice cars, I liked them particularly because them make a 57 2dr hardtop, BTW i found them at a store called "Treasure Hunt" in Los Angeles for 1.49 but them only have the invisible series.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  24. ritchj

ritchj

25. sean72

sean72

We have something very close in the future.

Yeah, but they sell. At Muscle Machines our number 1 seller was the 1969 Camaro by a long shot. The 1957 Chevy was a strong number 2, and everything else was way down the food chain. The icon cars help us do more of the more "unique" cars.

Thanks.

??? Ok, tell me where your computer was made that you use to access the HAMB?

Sean

26. Leadsled RnR

Leadsled RnR
    from CO

Holy crap! I have a few of these already, I got em at Walmart, But im constantly looking for a 54 chevy. I found the clear ones, but didnt like them as much as the fully finished ones. Are you guys still makin the "slightly customized" ones? Where the heck can I find those, damn theyre cool?

27. the metalsurgeon

the metalsurgeon
    from Denver

28. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

Very nice products, Sean, I own many of them. I hope you are looking to expand the Auto Thentics line to the '60s, and some great never-seen-before cars would be:

'64-'65 Falcon Sprint hardtop
    '64-'65 Comet Cyclone hardtop
    '61 Olds 88 hardtop
    '61 Pontiac Ventura hardtop
    '60 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special 4dr or Eldorado 2dr hardtop
    '61 Corvair Lakewood wagon
    '62 Chrysler 300 hardtop
    '63 Falcon Sprint hardtop
    '63 Thunderbird Sports Roadster
    '61 Imperial LeBaron Southampton 4dr hardtop
    '60 Mercury hardtop, Colony Park wagon
    '63 Pontiac Tempest LeMans 2dr hardtop
    '60 Plymouth Fury 2dr hardtop
    '63 Pontiac Grand Prix
    '62 Studebaker Hawk
    '64 Chrysler Turbine car

-KK

29. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

A 1954 Dodge Royal isn't "unique" (and ugly?) A 49 Buick fastback is classic!

30. screwball

screwball

Are they avalable in Canada