Register now to get rid of these ads!

My dad hooked me up again

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carcrazyjohn, Nov 29, 2009.

1. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

ebay pics 554.jpg What is the coolest car part your dad hooked you up with.

ebay pics 555.jpg Gotta love pop.....

ebay pics 557.jpg

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  2. screwball

screwball

my dad died when I was young so it must be my life or any of my body parts. I guess that dont count huh.

3. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Dude Sorry to hear that ..

4. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

Very cool fuel log

My daddy gave me a pair of 32 bones for christmas last year.

5. junkyardroad

junkyardroad
    from Colorado

1956 210 2-door. Still sitting out there toward the garage.

6. twink

twink

My Dad,gave me a set of spider caps this fall,I know they have been in the garage for 25 plus years! Im pretty happy with them!

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When I was building my 48 and had the Muncie close box in it Dad showed up at either my birthday or Christmas with a new Hurst Competition Plus as my present. I don't have the trans anymore but have the shifter safely stashed away for the future.
    He also had my hood louvered and yes a 48 Chev pickup hood will fit in the trunk of an 84 Olds 88 Coupe.

8. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Your Dad is cool.

9. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

My dad wasn't a car guy and couldn't understand my fasination with them. So, I guess the best thing he gave me is LIFE and with it the potential of making anything out of it that i wanted. Not a bad deal, considering.

Frank

10. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

He just dropped my kids off. He took them for the weekend and say's here .I know you can use this .Had no idea where he got it from ,But I do need it for my roadster..He's hooked me up a million times ,I bought a 32 Ford truck off him 10 years ago for 3500 in payments ,My next project,,,,,He gave me 32 rails for my roadster and the knowledge to build a streetrod along with many other vintage original parts...Started this thread basically to say Thanks.......

11. 61bone

61bone

16 years old and Dad gave me a Isky 550 super Le Gerra cam and kit for my 301 at Christmas. He didn't know a cam from a fishhook but somehow he got what I wanted. Couple years later, my brother put it in a 327 while I was in Nam. Then he sold the motor.

12. Dirk35

Dirk35

Only good thing he has hooked me up with is half the genetic material to be able to type this. Be thankful you have a good relationship with your pops.

13. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Very Cool! ...and it looks like this wast Post #1000 for you. :cool:

Malcolm

14. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

My dad gave me life, a shop full of tools to use, a 1978 toyota pickup, 2 firebirds, and a cast alluminum air cleaner off of a 1967 gt-350

15. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My dad gave me a warning....."You're gonna look funny walkin' sideways the rest of your life!"...:eek:..............:D

16. a 55 chev and a 69 cadillac. My son still has the caddy. The 55 helped finance an adoption

17. 54 savoy

54 savoy

my dad split when i was 4 so he gave me the desire to be the father he never was to both my daughters,

18. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

I can relate to your story 54 savoy .My parents had a divorce when I was young..I didn't talk to him for about 10 years .Got older and let it go .Its never too late to patch things up.At least all the hate is gone before either one of us left this world.... Even though he's a pain in the ass .He's one of my best friends ....He would say the same thing about me....

19. mine hooked me up with some cool shit that will more than likely get sold to put him in a home later down the road , or i could keep the stuff and let the gooberment worry about it!! Hmm! decisions decisions!

20. 54 savoy

54 savoy

didn't want to bum your thread out,he's passed away now he called a few years ago we talked no hard feelings,just saying you can learn from what people do and you can learn from what they don't do,anyway my grandfather was my role model and told me yesterday i can have the chevy 350/400 .

21. autobilly

autobilly

As much as I can, I'm gonna be 'that dad' to my boys when and as they grow up!
    Real nice "hook-up" Carcrazyjohn.

22. billygoat67

billygoat67

my dad was a truck driver for many years, tought all 4 of us boys to work on cars,weld,and anything related to cars. he loved cars but didn't have alot of $$ i gess thats why we had to know how to repair cars if we wanted to drive them. all my brothers own their own shops gess thats how much we all love cars.
    we lost our parents close together ,several years apart, been 5 years now for dad and 7 for mom,they both went way to young. i remember mom telling me about her helping dad change a trany in their 57 when she was pregnant with me,guess i was working on cars before i was even born.that explains why i love cars so much.
    well to answer the ? i have dads favorate small log chain that he carried with him always for so many years i can't remember, his big rig tire gauge ,and his MACK license plate he had on his rig.hangs on my shop wall like a shrine to him. all will go to my grandson some day, hope he loves them as much as i.
    well thanks for leting me vent guys and boy do i miss them every day, so cherish every minute you have with them.
    happy holidays.

23. xmacx

xmacx
    from illinois

My dad gave me a 1934 3 window coupe all steel is that good enough?

24. Tony D.

Tony D.

The 50 Plymouth that's in my avatar, trannys, motors, and other various parts for this and previous cars.

25. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

My dad split when I was 11, I didn't talk to him for 25 years. Once we started talking again all we talked about was cars. When I started building my current build, he was so excited. He had a 32 back in the day. I am close to finishing my first build now and wish he could see it, but he passed away. I'm sure glad we made up, love em while you got em.

26. 54 savoy

54 savoy

dang this thread sure opened a can of worms,good one though,it's weird how we all come from different backgrounds and have different lives but we all have this brotherhood,

27. poofus1929

poofus1929
    from So Cal

My dad never gave me anything cool like that. He always ignored me and spent all his time kissing ass to girlfriends and my current stepmother. And now that I'm 31 years old and he is old and nearing the end of the road he wants to play the father role. I don't have any hard feelings towards him, But what I learned from him is to never put any woman in front of my sons needs. I'm a single father and my son comes first. Women come and go but my son is my son for ever.

28. billygoat67

billygoat67

i think it's in our blood because one of my grandson's first words was car car.
    and his eyes light up when i sit him in my old car. already acts like he's using a impact to change front tire on his lightning mcqueen car,he's just 2 yrs and it shure makes me smile.

29. adamabomb76

adamabomb76
    from York, Pa

When I moved back from Hawaii about 5 yrs ago w/$500 in my pocket, my pop had a '48 Chevy Fleetline that was rotten to shit, and a pile of donor parts. I paid for alot of it, but he put alot of labor into it. It turned into a car, but attracted alot of roaches. I sold it. I love cars and my dad, but I'd put sanity, and family before any car.

30. Stitchn

Stitchn

My dad was alway's into cars & old trucks. Alway's had me out in the garage holding wrenches & the light. He was a longshoreman, so he would work a bunch of hours then be off for awhile. He would take that time & look for an old car or truck to mess with on the days off. He had an old John Deere tractor, during grade school summers I would plow fields & till gardens for money instead of picking berries. Farmers would always want to trade for the work, so I would end up with a motorcycle, car, go-kart of something with a motor & my dad was alway's there to help me out fixing it. When I was in high school he had a 396 SS el camino & would take me to school some days and do burn outs in front of the school for my buddies. Man that made me the cool kid in school. I have alot to thank my dad for, cars are now my passion, my life, my buisness. Hot Rod Interiors. Thanks Dad.