Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy from Ontario Canada

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by MFChassisworks, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Hi, My name is Andrew Libbey and I have a metal fabrication shop called MFChassisworks. I Cornwall Ontario. MF could stand for "metal fabrication" but it doesn't ;). Basically anything from cars to bikes to custom Iron sculptures and art work. I'm not a body shop I just do the metal work. I have been following this site for years and it has been a great source of info and inspiration. Thanks!!

Being from Canada, I'm used to saving cars from the windows and sometime the roof down. I m just finishing up a 49 Ford Coupe, that was probably one the worst yet! The other major project in the shop right now is a 1937 Chev Panel truck. It used to be an old linen truck for the local hospital. There isn't any steel available for it, just fiberglass fenders:mad:. I found some old GM drawing of that model and used them to fabricate the body.

Also I have a couple of F.A.S.T /Supercar Shootout car that are at the shop. If you aren't familiar with these racing series its basically exhaust manifolds and reproduction bias ply tires. 10 Second ets are the norm.

My personal cars are 2 1970 SS396 Camaros and a 35/36 Ford 5 window coupe. Its at the planning stages right now. Its a rough Canadian car but I like the challenge.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  2. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

welcome from the east coast.

3. 52 csb

52 csb

Ya Welcome MF You''ll fit right in here.I have bought floor patch panels for my 52 coupe in Ont. Got any pics of your stuff...:):):)

4. Motorsports One

Motorsports One

Welcome from next door in Kingston.

5. Welcome Andrew from just north of Guelph

6. PegLegStrick

PegLegStrick

Welcome from South Georgia

7. screwball

screwball

welcome from 20 minutes up the road.

8. 34FordConv

34FordConv

Welcome from North of London.... I'm used to the "Beltline down" repairs too!

9. TT66'

TT66'

Welcome to the board from Southern Indiana.

10. Thanks guys. Here is a quick shot from inside the shop and the some of the art I've done. I plan on posting the 49 Ford build from the beginning.

Attached Files:

• shop.jpg
      shop.jpg
      File size:
      54.2 KB
      Views:
    • drf.jpg
      drf.jpg
      File size:
      70.6 KB
      Views:
    • vni.jpg
      vni.jpg
      File size:
      63.1 KB
      Views:
  11. screwball

screwball

So you havin a open house im in Cornwall all the time.

12. koolkemp

koolkemp

Welcome from a former Ottawa resident :D Looking forward to the 49 build pics...you should see the rotten more door I have that I plan to make a chopped 2 door out of!

13. FordOttoCo

FordOttoCo
    from Ontario

Welcome from Toronto,

14. Engine-Ear

Engine-Ear
    Alliance Vendor

"Yah, hey dare!" greetings from Wisconsin!!