Register now to get rid of these ads!

my first time on H.A.M.B.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 300mensparta, Nov 21, 2009.

1. 300mensparta

300mensparta

well im only 13 years old and my grandpa and i are working on my first build. we are working on a 1955 ford f-100. we are hoping on finishing it before i turn 16 so that i can drive it once i get my liscense. i keep on thinking on how jealous my friends are going to be when i come to school in it. well anyway so far were only cutting out the floor of the cab. we already took the U clamps off of the frame(the frame is outside of the garage). by the way my grandpas account name is mopar210 if you want to look at any pictures of what we have done so far. he pretty much already said everything on his thread for my truck that we have done so far. we are thinking about maybe putting in a hemi, but we're not sure. if anyone has any comments please give suggestions. when we get enough guys we are bringing in the frame(after we get it sand blasted)to give the finishing touches. my little step brother got me some nice mirrors from his step dad. we are looking for a traditional look on the truck. anyways if anyone wants to see what we have done so far check out my grampas thread, its up to date. again if you have any comments please give suggestions.

2. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Welcome to the HAMB!

3. welcome to the HAMB young man!

4. PegLegStrick

PegLegStrick

Welcome to the HAMB! Built my first car with the help of my oilder brothers when I was about your age. My advise is to pay attention to what people who are giving you the lifetime of knowledge they have & one day you can keep it alive by passing it down. Good luck to you and your Grandpaw, work hard at it & when you are 16 you will have the coolist rise around!
    Welcome from Georgia

5. Welcome from Iowa! Glad to have ya here. Keep us posted with pictures of your build.

6. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

Nice Sparta! Your Grandpa sounds like a super cool guy!Glad to hear your enjoying yourselves. You guys are making memories that you'll keep with you forever. Keep us posted man.

7. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

Welcome young man...sounds like a dream to be 13 and working on your first project...

8. G,day mate from down under, I must say your spelling is perfect which of course isnt important on here just unusual..

9. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

Hi and welcome from Scotland!:)

10. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Welcome, post pictures of your progress.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  11. ratrodder34

ratrodder34
    from Irvine,ky.

Listen to your Paw.....he I'm sure is very wise. I lost mine at an early age and still miss him to this day. Welcome to the best site for info that you will find.....

12. Welcome from Rockmart GA. Henrietta the '38 Ford pickup and Ozelle the '55 Ford send friendly horn honks to you and your '55 F-100. I've had Henrietta since I was 14, gave all of $15 for that truck in 1966. You'll appreciate your truck a lot more if you have your own time and labor invested in it, and the time with your grandfather is something you will come to cherish even more than the truck.

13. 440shawn

440shawn

Enjoy your project with your gramps, I wish I could have done a project with mine but it was not ment to be. Enjoy!!

14. chilly1

chilly1
    from Tacoma,Wa

Welcome from Washington it's good to hear a young guy take an interest in rodding and break away from the boob tube GOOD FOR YOU!

15. Cowboy Bishop

Cowboy Bishop
    from Seattle

Welcome!! It is to cool that you are doing a build with your grandpa!!!

16. loburban

loburban

welcome from alabama

17. THE BRONSON

THE BRONSON

Welcome from down south, looks like I started mine a little late.

18. 7d4gto

7d4gto

welcome and whenever you and grandpa need an extra set of hands let me know i will be there!!!

19. chevy3755

chevy3755

welcome to the HAMB...........grandpa's are great

20. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

Welcome to the HAMB, I wish I built my first car at 13 with my grandpa. Your gramps sounds like a very cool guy if he is willing to build a truck with you. Cherish every minute of it and try to absorb everything he says.

21. TT66'

TT66'

Welcome to the board from Southern Indiana.

22. vwdave30

vwdave30

hello from arkansas and good luck with your hot rod sounds like your havin lots of fun with your grandpa and thats cool

23. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

Welcome Buddy!

If your really breathing it your going get the disease I've got.

It's called the, "Can't get of the H.A.M.B disease" which sometimes gets out of hand but.......Like a fellow Hot Rodder once told me, "If you don't get it, you don't get it".

Some advice I can give you.

'Read your eyes out!'

BTW, you notice my perfect spelling? :D

HC.