Register now to get rid of these ads!

I REALLY need some help with EFI wiring!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Animal, Nov 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm wanting to put a Ford 2.3 turbo engine from an '87 Turbo Coupe into a 1960 Rambler American. Making it fit, etc. is the stuff I thrive on, shouldnn't be a problem. I've got the engine out of the T-Bird, but OMG what a rat's nest of wiring! :eek: Can anyone give me a short list of what I actually need to keep, maybe even pin # on the ECU, any help in building an electrical harness I can live with? I'm an idiot about electronics, basically, and am having serious doubts about my ability to pull this off. Any help would be greatly appreciated!:D

2. 440roadrunner

440roadrunner
    from live?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  3. squirrel

squirrel

it's a big help to have the factory manuals for the donor car, at the very least get the wiring schematic and driveability troubleshooting manuals.

Usually there are about 4 wires in the engine/computer harness that actually connect to the rest of the recipient car's wiring. With patience you can get rid of all the non-computer related wires in the harness.

4. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Do you have the donor 'Bird yet? I've always used the entire harness from my EFI donormobiles, makes wiring the car so easy a caveman could do it... Chances are the wiring in your Rumbler isn't any good anyway.

5. testpilot

testpilot
    from Denver

6. he sings the gospel truth!:eek: assisted on a couple transplants and trying to marry old with new wiring will give you a stroke!:rolleyes: install all the new and trim AFTER your going down the road! sounds like a cool project so post some pic's! those turbo 2.3's run solid.

7. That was my original plan, but the more I look at all that spaghetti, the more lost I become.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.