Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thief's hitting hard in Texas-Info needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RAY With, Nov 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RAY With

RAY With

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=c1 vAlign=top>
    [</TD><TD class=c2 vAlign=top>[SIZE=-1]Date Posted: 05:42:11 11/28/09 Sat
    [/SIZE]<!-- google_ad_section_start -->$5,000.00 Reward for anyone who can identify the Thug’s for evidence for the apprehension and conviction of Grand Theft crime of Beswick Racing!!

Stolen: An all aluminum NRC SBC, appearance is John Beck’s sheet metal intake with two NOS annular discharge fogger’s on the exterior intake plenum with two 1050 Davinci Carburetors. Also has brand new CFE 15 degree heads with cast aluminum valve covers, Jesel front mount distributor with MSD plug wires. It has an CSI water pump that is blocked off so I could use an external C&R radiator with water pump on the bottom tank. It has Product Engineering 4 port regulator for the carbs. and a Magna Flow 2 port regulator for the NOS. Also has a Weaver external oil pump with Moroso Vacuum pump and Stef’s aluminum oil pan.
    Reid Power Glide.
    Aluminum 8” Neil Chance converter
    8 5/8” Trick Titanium bell housing with cross shaft.
    East West Engineering 8” 3 disk 6 lever clutch with bronze floaters.
    C&R Radiator with water pump on bottom left.
    3 ½ gallon JAZ fuel cell.
    500 GPH Product Engineering fuel pump.
    MSD 7AL3
    Two NOS 15# bottles
    Shroud parachute.
    Painless Wiring 8 switch control panel.
    Autometer recordable tach.
    Digit-Set NOS activator box.
    Two remote ford starter solenoids.
    MSD HVC-2 coil.
    10# Safe Craft fire bottle.
    V300 Racepak.
    CSI gear reduction starter.
    CSI 159 tooth flex plate.
    1 set of used 15 degree aluminum Bowtie heads with T&D rockers.
    1 set of 14 x 15 Alumastar rear bead locks with 29X10.5 MT tires.
    1 set of 3.5X15 Alumastar fronts with MT tires.
    Liberty 5 speed transmission with pistol grip shifter.
    Used SBC GRP aluminum rods with JE aluminum pistons.
    16 Volt Turbo Start charger.
    6-2 5/8” Autometer Gauges.
    Hurst Quarter Stick shifter.

Call 936-524-3475 ask for Jim
    Email at [email protected]

This happened in Conroe, TX most likely Thanksgiving night.
    They used a crow bar on the shop door.

[email protected]
    <!-- google_ad_section_end -->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2. Roothawg

Roothawg

Dang, they were busy.

3. Damn, that sucks.

Looks like they knew what you had, knew when you'd be away, brought enough vehicles and manpower to take it all and did it fast enough to get away with it. I'll bet it's someone you know and you can identify them yourself.

Sorry for your loss.

4. custom53

custom53

dude that sucks. i would start by looking at the people who come in your shop and just look around. maybe post something in the local news paper looking for parts, maybe they will call you.

5. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

I hate thieves ! watch Craigs list.

good luck and I hope you catch them,

6. SOHC427

SOHC427

Catch them, and cut their nuts off, Bastards!

7. IL GIMMI

IL GIMMI

Man, that is a total bummer. Terribly sorry to hear that.

It seems like every other day there's a post about something getting stolen in Texas. I figured people there would stay out of your shit since you can shoot a dude there for next to no reason.

Watch craigslist, local papers, ebay, swaps, etc like a hawk and hopefully something will turn up. People in general always tend to do dumb shit so I'm sure it will surface. Best of luck.

8. RAY With

RAY With

Yea it really sucks big time Over 100 K worth of racing parts they took from an old friend of mine. He is related to Ernie the Farmer and been racing here in the Houston area several years.Hell Beep lost a trailer a few days ago and my guess is it will get worst before its over or until we kill a bunch of the bastards.

9. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Sorry for the loss and will keep an eye and ear out here in Houston.

Guys, you have GOT to have an alarm system of some sort. The ones with motion detector that make noise and call the cops are not that expensive to get installed. I've seen some that go off AND call your cellular phone, $100.

Plus insurance. Whatever the cost, it's cheaper than replacing property.

10. The secret is to have more than they could ever take.

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Had to almost be someone who knew exactly what he had and either has a use or market for it.

Most of that is way too specialized for the average opportunistic thief to know what it was or be interested in taking it.

It might be a good idea to have guys who hit events that have racer type swap meets in other states to be on the look out and have people look around speed shops that tend to deal in used equipment in other areas watch for a sudden increase in trick and specialized parts. That intake has to almost be like a signed piece of art work in that too many people can instantly recognize it as what it is an have a good idea of where it came from.

12. 61bone

61bone

When they cleaned out our shop in 84, they took, conservatively, 4 semi loads of parts, equipment and materials. They even got a 20"x120" lathe. You can't have to much stuff or to much protection. These days the shop will effectivly disable a perp all by itself. If they get in, they will still be there when I decide to come over and throw them out, which may be a while.

13. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

The sad thing about it is someone you thought was a friend that had spent time in your shop turns out to be a thieving cocksucker

14. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I really hate to hear this shit of people stealing other people stuff.
    It's someone who is close to you or works for you ! They knew you too well !
    When you find out who they were , take the fuc**ng lowlife shit heads one at a time and drag their shitty ass down a gravel road . Then dump their ass in a tub of salt water ! I am a cold hearted son of a bitch when it comes to taking peoples HARD EARNED things !
    Craigs list and ebay are the best places . Also check with in a 100 miles around you for swap meets or flea markets . They will sell that stuff there too .
    Good Luck and start looking for new so called friends !

RetroJim

15. RAY With

RAY With

Your correct on specialized parts but in Houston area this is the normal. Guys here go first class with custom parts, carbs and aluminum blocks. Sheetmetal intakes do make it possible to identify but the thief's will take the split doms off and shit can a $3,500 intake in a heart beat. Niser racing built the motor and he would be more than able to identify if the opportunity presented itself but changes are the long block will end up out of state. I hope to hell they catch the bastards before they can dispose of any of it but changes are slim unless they try to sell to a local racer that will turn there ass in.

16. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Hate thieves, I do! Yes!!!

I contend with the bastards all the time. But I've helped send one guy to the big house, and I'm networking with neighbors and the authorities to catch others who think the G-D LAW doesn't apply to THEM somehow!!! Assholes.

Yu would think that frredom from kail is more important than five-fingering somebody else's shit, eh?

17. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

I meant JAIL. I maybe can't spell it. But the guy sitting in the PEN sure knows!!! Got LOTS of time to think about it!

18. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was thinking that all of it is probably headed out of town or out of state. In this area at least if one of the local racers all of the sudden showed up with equipment that he might not have been able to lets say afford a few months before, it would raise a red flag right then and there the minute the car hit the tech line. But we are a much smaller area locally and all of the local racers pretty well know what the other racers are doing as far as drag cars go.

19. spook498

spook498

I am sorry to hear about your loss. Theives suck.

Something else to consider, keep track of who has been coming around the last few days/weeks, and now that this has happened, doesnt come around.

Or, someone who was asking obscure questions about some of the items that were taken.

Best of luck!

20. Ron In the SHOP

Ron In the SHOP
    BANNED
    from california

a lot of stuff goes to mexica.

I dunno for certain ,
    but most of the time when something this large has occurred,

it is a person that you thought was a friend...

21. chubbie

chubbie

used to be in this part of the country a thief always ran the risk of getting SHOT!!! maybe need to shoot a few again.....................

22. RAY With

RAY With

No on in Texas has any qualms about shooting a damn thief. The only problem is catching the bastard. There is a lot of parts going around thats stolen now days and all it takes is for one person to speak up to take him out or get his ass put in Jail. With all the stuff this thief took it wont be to easy to dump it all and especially any where close to home.

23. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

24. winr

winr
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Ray.

I posted on the FORD FE forum.

I asked to pass it around and keep their eyes peeled.

I am in Friendswood Texas and will keep my ear to the ground.

Good luck and best wishes !!

Richard.

25. Big Tony

Big Tony

Hopefully these will be found and they will be found and dealt with accordingly

26. i hate a thief as much as anyone but i'm done with guns when it comes to thieves because of a situation where the local prosocuter becomes a dickhead. if you ever have the opportunitty to TAZE one of these shitbag thieves you wonder why you waited so long to get one. shooting somebody is gonna ruin your life but catching one is really fucking great!

27. hemifarris

hemifarris

Bummer.... Who's "Ernie the Farmer"?

28. oldpaint

oldpaint

I had a friend who had 2 race engines stolen from his shop. He got on the phone and called everyone he knew that might be interested in those engines. Turns out a shop 300 miles away had a guy call about 2 race motors he was trying to sell for his sick relative. They asked him if he could bring them by so they could get a closer look and had the cops waiting the next day when he showed up. He had worked for the shop were he stole the engines. Let everone know, you know they are going to try and sell something.

Whoever stole the parts was probably someone who had been in the shop and knew exactly what they were after

29. oldpaint

oldpaint

[​IMG]Erine "the farmer" Beswick

30. hemifarris

hemifarris

Nice picture.... But it's "ARNIE" the Farmer Beswick, not "ERINE", as you spelled it or ERNIE as RAY With spelled it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.