Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cars-drag races people from the 50's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RAY With, Nov 26, 2009.

1. RAY With

RAY With

I received these from email and no clue where or who it is but here are some really neat old drag racing pictures and for the most HAMB FRIENDLY. Possibly some Hambers can identify the location and some of the people pictured.Enjoy and happy Thanksgiving to all. There are another 70 + on http://www.hotrodchat.com/gallery/

Attached Files:

2. I love the early flame job and the bike!

3. RAY With

RAY With

I liked the flames also and more like old school

4. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

damn. cool pictures.

5. 31modelo

31modelo

Stupid, but I like that most are in pants and botton shirts.

6. RAY With

RAY With

LOL actually we all wore pants at that time weather we needed them or not!

7. edweird

edweird

Nobody was fat back in those days!

8. Connecticut speed shop owner/car show promoter Frank Maratta's Model-A, the "Rake"
    [​IMG]

9. RAY With

RAY With

There is a reason for that--No fast foods like Mc Donalds-popeyes chicken.whataburger, No TV and when TV came along no remote. To go to a restaurant was a treat with the family and happened every couple of months or so. We walked, rode the bus or rode bikes every where we went. No video games, computers or any other crap to keep you inside the house. Every one played outside until dinner. Mechanics did it with hand tools and speed handles-No air tools to speed the job up and was done with hard sweat. Our first jobs were protected by our worth and usually 7AM to 10PM 5 days a week and a whopping $35.00 a week and damn glad to get it. We were a working generation with every meal at the table with family and the beginning of hotrods and drag racing and most of it on isolated streets until 1955 when we got a drag strip. Its was a better time as I see it and you never had to lock your doors and kids all walked to school without fear. Its hard to get fat when your 100% active.

10. RAY With

RAY With

There has to be some Hambers that know where this drag strip is or know some of the racers. There is a couple there we all know but many we dont so fess up.

11. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

!!!gospel!!!

12. edweird

edweird

i ask my dad the same question. He said, we worked our asses off in those days!! Boy! I thought i was working hard every day.

13. Merkonic

Merkonic

Some of these were posted a while back,the track is in VA.There was great shot of a 33 Plymouth cpe almost identicle to the one I have.

14. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

this guy should roll down his cuffs or they will act like tiny parachutes

[​IMG]

15. RAY With

RAY With

Well thats the way they did it back then including school dress.All the levi's were cut long for the purpose of making cuff's.

16. damn all my E-mails are about dick pills and nigerian's that want to be my friend!

cool pics Ray but in my day all my pants were to long because they once belonged to my older brother!!

17. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Those pics get posted here so much I still say they have a virus attached. They just won't go away!

18. You're right, some of those (with the mountains in the background) were in an earlier thread. I think they were from a strip somewhere near Roanoke. Great stuff. I love those old black and white photos:).

19. Jimv

Jimv

Guess that theory is out the window!! Hes got a trophy in his hand!!lol
    Jimv

20. skywolf

skywolf