Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Lake Pipes or Not??? My 51 needs a change!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by John Denich, Nov 26, 2009.

1. low-lincoln

low-lincoln

I think lake pipes would look good.

2. Cruiser

Cruiser

John Denich<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_4604007", true); </SCRIPT> - You have a very cool looking Chevy as it is now. The changes your talking about are simple and easy to put on and take off. Go with a single lake pipe outlet they look cleaner. If, you have an open end on the lake pipes you can block it off just before the outlet and run your exhaust through the end part of them. This Is an old '50's trick and it's very cool. Now, this is a little more radial idea, I like to see some '54 Buick side stainless on your Chevy ala the Grapevine style, it would sit that car on fire. By the way that's a very cool interior looking very cool. :D

CRUISER :cool:

3. thesupersized

thesupersized

im thinking some sort of sidetrim combination..something that looks like it slipped out of the little pages, love your car man.

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I'm not a big fan of lakes pipes for any car... but I had a buddy with a 53 with a 235 and duals with hooked up lakes. not sure if there were any mufflers involved but it was loud and he drove the shit out of that thing. nothing pretend on that car. those were/are some cool lakes.

if I wanted to change something up on your car I'd ad the original rocker trim as stated earlier. then I'd get a fender-door spear. the 49-50 ones are pretty sleek. maybe one of those (53-54?) Packard ones with the dip.

nice car. the only thing I'd change would be the oil.

5. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

I know what you could do to it!!:D:D and i would say nay on the lakes..

6. John Denich

John Denich

Hey relax Matt..I have one of those already and this one is not getting it...:D:D

7. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

how bout some 52 packard sidetrim

8. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Single lakes,hooked or fake,doesn't matter.It's a kustom,& a beautifull one at that
    Good luck
    Paul

9. less is more , the car looks bitchin as is ..

10. IMO....Nope. I would like to see a set of Chrome Plugs peeking out of the front wheel wells though. Just a touch of Shiney stuff to accent an already beautiful car. If you don't have the room, get somebody to exit them through the bottom of the front fender for appearance without screwing the paint up......A little something to consider.....Centurion9

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  11. jdk

jdk
    from Nebraska

It's a kustom and lakes are meant for that car, run singles keep it sleek. It will really ad some pop to what allready is a beautiful kustom,side trim is for stockers!

12. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

I'd say single lakes, but w/ slant cut exit, but you know what really bugs me?
    Its that interior, its really terrible, you should send those seats to me and buy
    some gold slant lakes w/ the income :D...

13. roadrash

roadrash

The lake pipes would look good.....singles for sure. How about one of Dean Jefferies tricks for the hub caps...bit of paint on the inside around the bullet.

14. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

John,your Chevy is gorgeous! I love it!.I wouldn't put lakers on the car.I have them on my 51 because the car is only lowered 2 inches.

Don't change a thing.Except,maybe a set of Appletons.Even the repro 112's would look cool as shit.

15. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

One other thing would set off the interior,a deluxe steering wheel.

16. John, try the rocker trim and see how you like it. I would just change your exhaust tips to round ones.

17. Lowmerc50

Lowmerc50

I agree with Bloody Knuckles, Rocker trim covers. Or leave it alone. Not much you could do to that car to make it look better!!! (looks great) I am not a big fan of laker pipes. Put a pair of spot lights on it?

18. Ask somebody here to photoshop it for you (that wouldn't be me, don't know how). I like your car the way it is, but if you go the Lakes pipe route, please make them functional.

19. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

I think you should change your name back to TIMEBOMB. That would help.

20. looks great the way it is!

21. teddyp

teddyp

you can always put a set on and see how you like it if you do then make them work if you don,t then it,s un bolt them the spots ideal only if you like them i think the change to the paint realy made it pop every more love the car

22. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

keep it smooth and clean like it is

23. Your car makes me want to stay with bucket seats, I like.

24. Wanna mix it up run her without skirts for a while. Completely different look for free.

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

25. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

i would use lake pipes & appleton spot lites ! ................. steve

26. John Denich

John Denich

Guys this thread is old! The car now lives in Mexico, I traded for a hooker and a box of donuts! The car is now a Taxi cab, and has Aztec Warriors painted all over it! Pretty sweet!!!!

27. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

Yea, do the pipes.

28. MEYER8821

MEYER8821

I am going to have to say no on the lake pipes, I like the way cars look with out them.

29. -Brent-

-Brent-

Guys... I believe he's already put them on a while ago... before it went off to be a taxi. :D

30. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

Arent those "special" chocolate donuts.

I think the car is pretty Rat Roddish if you ask me!