Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone on here driving a former submarine?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fordor Ron, Nov 25, 2009.

1. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

yeah in the movie they yanked out a 53 belair convertable

2. I know a farmer that has whoard of 50's cars that are mint from the middle of the doors up sitting in mud where the river comes over the banks every few years.

3. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

somedays.... I feel like rolling my pile into the lake at the golf course at the end of my street.....

4. TomWar

TomWar

In about 74, I got a Jeep CJ2A that was in the flood around Eureka CA. in 1958.
    It was supposedly under 400 ft of water. the engine was NG but the running gear was still usable. Body was pretty good.

5. Yeah, well all our cars are below sea level and we drive them every day.

6. Spooky

Spooky

That Bugatti is amazing.

7. ShortyLaVen

ShortyLaVen

Last time I was at Samoa Drag Strip I striped a guys drag-diesel pickup. It was like a 90s Dodge or somethin gay, but he pulled it out of the Eel River. He had me letter "Blue Sub" on the hood.

A friend of mine was on a service call a while back in Manilla, and he saw what looks like a '31 or so Buick sedan right on the bay under a collapsed barn. It looks like it must be up to the windows in silt, and probly goes under water at high tide. Theres a '30 or '31 Ford roadster p/u next to it with tons of bitchin '40s era speed parts on its flathead.

Someone mentioned the '64 flood earlier? Does anyone from Humboltdt have any of those pics from the flood where you can see all sorts of kool cars floatin through Ferdale and what not?

8. "Because I'm a Kennedy, yes I'm Ted Kennedy, the car spins round and round and round" ..
    (sung to "The Wanderer" from the parody version "The Philanderer")

9. I saw a 34 chevy coupe that came out of a quarry, it virtually looked like a screen door on every thing. The only thing salvagable was the ss bead that went around the windshield rubber. What a total shame the car was straight.

10. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

The '53 Flathead in the corner went through the '97 Grand Forks Flood. It was fully assembled and filled with Diesel at the time, but it spent a few weeks under water. Hopefully I can get it back together some time in the near future.

[​IMG]

11. Joe Musser

Joe Musser
    from Altoona PA

whats nine inches long and white? Absolutley nothing

12. Road_Rage_Rube

Road_Rage_Rube

here in south germany, there are many lakes. My friend always dives down there to look for WWII stuff. Near the border to austria, there are three V12 engines in a lake on top of a mountian. Its really cool to see em, in summer time they lay try. One block survived, but everything else is melted or broken. If someone will visit the castle neuschwanstein - its very close!
    Then, there is a big lake 10miles away from my home. There you will find a some german plan.

13. I'm surprised that no one has posted a car that they themselves are driving. I thought that a few freshwater cars might have been salvaged and turned into something decent.

Hmmm....

14. Swifster

Swifster

I tried buying a '73 Triumph TR6 that was stolen and dumped into the Gulf of Mexico. The car was starting to flash rust being in the tow yard for a week. The insurance company wanted to run it thru the auction. It usually takes a couple months to get the paperwork finished to auction it. That car was going to be junk by then so I passed.

You can fix anything if you toss enough money at it.

15. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

I hear that Polish subs have screen doors.....

16. Nah, usually just onions, but some people like relish and mustard.:D

Dan

17. Man... That is creepy as HELL...

How in the world did you stumble across that??