Register now to get rid of these ads!

History NHRA Junior Stock

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by colesy, Aug 12, 2007.

1. colesy

colesy

And here's Ehrsam and Stockwell's cars from back in the day......

Attached Files:

2. 442Mike

442Mike

One of our fellow Olds Club members is friends with Keith Hodge. I can e-mail him and see if he's around and/or would be interested in joing the HAMB.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  3. 442Mike

442Mike

Here are a few pictures of the engine. I have some of the car somewhere.

Attached Files:

4. Dennis Holly

Dennis Holly

For pictures of the car, go to www.wingsautoart.com
    Lot's of cool stuff to look at.

5. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

What's the story behind this all-aluminum engine??

Pete

6. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

7. colesy

colesy

Any of the Oldsmobile guys recognize the car in the far lane? It appears to have a Bill Stiles Performance decal on the front fender.

Attached Files:

8. YORK NOSTALGIA REUNION JULY 2010

FOR THOSE THAT WANT TO ATTEND THE SHOW WITH A JUNIOR STOCKER AND HAVE NOT SIGNED UP YET, PLEASE DO SO NOW !!!
    WE HAVE ONLY 3 JUNIOR STOCKERS COMMITTED AS OF TODAY, {NOV 27}.
    WE HAVE TO KNOW BY THE 30th OF DECEMBER SO THAT WE CAN COMMIT TO THE SHOW DATES IN JULY. WE HAVE TO GIVE THE YORK FAIRGROUNDS PEOPLE A YES OR NO ON THE 31!st OF DECEMBER.
    ALSO, AS MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY YOUR FINANCIAL HELP WOULD REALLY BE APPRECIATED.

DOM

9. ScottV

ScottV

What about the Batusi ???
    [​IMG]

10. Bob W

Bob W
    from Here

Only 3 cars ? I would have thought a lot more than that. :(

11. X-TECH MAN

X-TECH MAN
    from Florida

I guess most of us who are interested in Jr. stockers are way to old......lol. This is why I doubt any sort of nostalgia race with any original Jr. stockers or clones could ever be put together at a nostalgia race. I go to the York show every July and Im really enthused and looking forward to the Jr. Stock theme at next years show but Im afraid it will be just a BS session without any cars to drool over. BSing is a good thing though and kind of what its all about. I guess most are more interested on the Nostalgia Super Stocks as their programs have been around much longer but most of those cars dont LOOK anything like they did when they were new and racing many years ago with the over sized tires, wrong intakes and carbs, oversized Max wedge hood scoop's, 460 engines in 63 Fords, Big Block Chev engines in 62-64 Chebbies, etc. I always thought any modifications should be where they couldnt be seen such as larger cubes, or safety items to match the ET's run, etc. I hope Im wrong but I guess we will see. :cool:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  12. Registration for the In-Bomber is going out first thing Monday....anyone get in touch with the owner of Buckshot??
    -Dean

13. colesy

colesy

Here are a couple of photos from a local NASCAR sanctioned track up my way. These are from 1965 and 66. Four abreast racing was big at the time. Most all of these were Detroit area racers. John Molnar drove the Rund Olds, Bob Trudell/Mustang, Tony Lomintz/Protest Mustang, Tony Knieper in the Stan Long Pontiac, Louis Rivait (Tilbury Ontario) in the D/S Mustang and Paul Davis/Superior Olds. Knieper lost his life on June 2nd 1968 in a towing mishap on his way to a NHRA Div.3 points meet at Tri-City Dragway.

Attached Files:

14. colesy

colesy

Northern Chevy Guru, National Dragster Canadian correspontent, author etc, Lance Hill in his B/Stock Vette at St. Thomas Dragway in 1967.

Attached Files:

15. 65deluxe

65deluxe

Can't wait to see the finished product Dean. Any progress to report?

16. DW31S

DW31S
    from Sparks,MD

Hi guys, Just back from my yearly Thanksgiving week Carribean Cruise. I saw the pics of the "Chesrown Olds" mock-up. I talked to the fella that did the car (James Kryta of Inline Tube) and told him about the thread a while back. He said the car was a real hit at the Woodward Cruise. Chesrown never had a blue and white racer (and James is fully aware of that) but it is still a COOL car. He also owns other neat cars including an aluminum motored W31 Olds that "NEVER WAS". Until next time....Dave.

17. DW31S

DW31S
    from Sparks,MD

Hi again, Sorry if the Blue and White '69 Olds Chesrown car isn't Kryta's anymore and I offended someone. That car was done strictly for fun and NEVER was a true Chesrown car. It is a VERY original car and the lettering, while spot on, is newer made to look old. The intention was never to deceive.

18. 57 delivery

57 delivery
    from Edgely,Pa.

Dom,My entrance form should be at Darwins in the next day or so ...........I hope more guys show............... thanks

19. DW31S

DW31S
    from Sparks,MD

The Picture of the Olds in the far lane was out of SHAULL OLDS from York, PA. Stiles was a neighbor and a pretty good to have. Shaull never really did that much and faded away. The car would be a neat one to find!!! As for the aluminum 350 Olds engine and the "Chesrown '69 W31"----the car was built for fun--it never existed and the intention was NOT to deceive-----the aluminum engine was basically a design study that was not produced. A whole lot of credit goes to James Kryta for building the engine and surrouding it with an incredible '70 Cutlass (not a 442). Thanks for listening, Dave.

20. Bob Rice

Bob Rice

For you Olds fans I just read that Danny Lattimore is back at it this weekend at South Georgia Motorsports Park with a D/SA '70 Oldsmobile. First time I recall seeing his name in years. By the way, a '72 Olds is the #1 qualifier in Stock.
    Bob Rice

21. Bob, I believe Danny is driving Craig Couris's red 70 formal hardtop car.
    The one he "tuned up " for Craig several years back.
    Good to see him back.

22. Bob Rice

Bob Rice

Thanks Mark.
    Bob

23. DW31S

DW31S
    from Sparks,MD

I wonder if the '72 Olds in the #1 Qualifier is the former Wayne Shipley car from Balto.,MD? That car was sold fairly recently and just missed the National Record in one of the stock classes. Wayne is a FIRST CLASS guy and has several other Oldsmobiles. Bye for now.....Dave.

24. Nope. Doug Patrick has had that blue fat body 350 car through most of the decade.
    Bob Dennis power.

25. I'm sure Darwin would welcome cars just out of storage or under renovation as well. None of us are getting any younger so bring them out, please.

26. Not much to report since the last. Picked up the valve covers we're going to use, need to clean and repaint them, and started putting the trim on the interior door panels. Apparently no one makes this trim for a 2dr 210 sport coupe, so I'm having to retrofit it using 210 sedan and '56 coupe pieces....looks correct though! :D ...Will post some pics in the next week or so as Im planning to get going on the interior some more. Also waiting for 4 "new" photos of the car from the era that have recently been found in Iowa.
    -Dean

27. Incase anyone here has an extra copy or knows where to find one, I'm looking to buy the 1968 HOT ROD Annual magazine, and a copy of National Dragster, September 1968, for related jr. stock reasons.
    -Dean

28. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Hot Rod annuals are on eBay all the time. Nice ones cost but well-read copies are in the $10 area.

29. Jack Thomas is right.
    If you have a junior stocker and it has been in storage and is not running that is OK. We will push it into the building. We have plenty of dedicated people at the show that are only to glad to help out.
    The last time I had the wagon at the show in '08 there was an unrestored junior stockers in the "original" section that had no motor.
    History is what it is all about.

Dom

30. Dennis Holly

Dennis Holly

Here's a couple from Lansing MI.

The GTX is still being bracket raced in Mid Michigan.

I don't know what ever became of the 63 Max Wedge

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009