Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects falcon street/strip project....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustomd, Nov 21, 2009.

1. kustomd

kustomd

Im in the process of dealing on an old 60-63 2dr falcon 2 make a street strip type car out of. I wanted a 55 chevy but I couldnt find one that I could afford or trade with etc... So this lowly looking 2dr post falcon was my next best option.

I'm planning on radiusing the rear wheel wells that way I'll have clearance for slicks. Plus I don't like the stock wheel wells on these falcons. The car already has a 9" rearend installed from when somebody else was going to go racing with it but gave up. I'm trying to decide what front suspension to run being as I'm not going to be running a ford motor. I know it will be an abomination because I'm going to use a small block chevy motor that I already have built bcause I was going to put it in a 55. I know that there will be a fair amount of fab work required to shoe horn the chevy motor in falcon. A friend of mine has a later model falcon that runs a destroked 400 chevy so I'll have some help when it comes time to mount the motor.

I like the straight axle looks but I dont have alot of cash to buy a new speedway setup so I may try and use a truck axle if I can. I have a 53 ford truck with a good front suspension so I may see if it will work. Or I have a mustangII front end that I pulled out of a car awhile back and it already has new aftermarket 5lug ford rotors.

The cars going to get the usuall striped of interior and buckets or racing seats installed fuel cell etc Plus some lightning holes in non structrual areas. I mainly want something to hopefully have fun with next show season so we can go to some of the drags that are hosted throughout the year. I guess going to the drags at the KKOA denison show put the bite in me to go fast again.

I just wish jerry titus would have the drags on friday and sat or atleast sat morning then the show downtown at around 12 till when ever I think it would increase his numbers by quite abit considering the turnout for racing on friday.

I hope everything works out I'll try and take some pics.

Anyone got some insperation pics of falcons and they're variations built into racecars and the like.

2. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I was thinking a wild, pissed off, injected 289 would be really neat in something like this.

3. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

check my album,, tuck the rear tires under, dont radius it.. if you already have the stock MII stuff, get a welder series MII crossmember and use the stock stuff... Im going FORD 390 4speed in mine :)

I made a full braced frame shortened 9in with 15x10 Torque Thrusts with 295/50/15s all tucked inside the 1/4s :)

Im still building it but should be a roller in the next 2 weeks :)

Rick

4. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

check out mine, real deal gasser. my profile has more.

Attached Files:

5. cabby34

cabby34
    from England

6. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

Do a search here on Falcons. There are several threads of Falcons nicely done.

7. Keep us posted with pics as were doing basically the same thing to a 62 right now. Were using an econoline axle.

8. Ive never seen rhis one before!!!! Its awesome! nice name too

9. kustomd

kustomd

Well I just picked up the car its a little rougher in a few spots than I remembered but other than that its alwright. I gotta find a back bumper tho. Hopefully this week I can start tearing it down. Anyone need some factory falcon 2dr seats? The front is a bench and the rear is stock bench also not that they had anything else in them.

Hopefully get pics of the shitty snowflake as someone called it at the gas station today HaHa...

10. Gasserman

Gasserman
    from Tulsa OK

Just build how you like and can afford it. My car had a chevy it in when I bought it . But it`s got a Ford in it now. Here`s a picture of my Gasser I`m building. Gasserman

Attached Files:

11. kustomd

kustomd

gasserman do you have any pics of when it had the chevy in it? Prefferibly under hood pics?

12. My old Falcon Dragin-Dino-III known from coast to coast almost!

Attached Files:

13. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Nice falcon.What size rims are you running in the rear?

14. Rear wheels are 15x7 chrome reverse from coker tire

15. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Cool thanks I have some 15's from a rear end out of a 67 stang.Think Im going try and slide them in there.Is your rear tire a little shorter than the front?:cool:

16. vw505

vw505
    from Lemoore,CA

i have a 65 i am selling cheep

17. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

Very nice Falcon! What size tire did you run on those 15x7 wheels?

18. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

ttt:cool:

19. reminds me too much of the first car I built...while BS'ing with a friend in his garage he pointed to a Hilborn injected 389 poncho motor stuffed in the back of the garage...If you go for another cold pack, I'll help you load it in your PU. On the way home I noticed a clean 60 Falcon with a blown (bad blown, not good blown) motor for $50.00. Got the car and the pink for $25.00 and my last beer.
    Build was actually pretty clean...removed the inner fender wells for clearance and welded in a new 2x3 front clip with econoline front axle and moved firewall back about 4" to clear...maybe should have moved back a little more as front always heavy...backed up with a GM 4 speed and ford 9" running 4.30's....Great car and a ton of fun...I'll try to find photos and post (OCIR and Irwindale mostly)

20. 69fury

69fury

My 61 i'm putting back on the road with my boys- 65 Chevy G10 van axle, and an all Mopar drivetrain. Radius them!

[​IMG]

21. kustomd

kustomd

69fury Your car looks just like the one I'm planning to cut up. Yours looks like what I'm shooting for other than the paint. Do you have any pics of the front suspension?

22. mudbus15

mudbus15
    from colorado

Don't know who owned this car but I always liked the look of it.
    It used to run brackets at Bandimere speedway in the late 70's early 80's falcon.jpg

23. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

heres an updated pic of mine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]