Register now to get rid of these ads!

318 question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nutter, Nov 26, 2009.

1. nutter

nutter

guys Im asking a question for a friend can anyone help
    1968 dodge 318 rockers,half of them are angled to the left & the rest to the right.which way do they go on the rocker shafts.

2. the pushrod sockets are offset to clear the intake ports, there is only one way to put them on the shaft and still be able to install them and the pushrods.

this pic shows the offset

[​IMG]

3. this is clearer (aftermarket rockers of course, but the same layout)

[​IMG]

4. yardgoat

yardgoat

Other post are right on the money,good job men.
    Make sure the oil hole on the rocker tube lines up with the head oil hole or no oil to rockers.You know that im sure but i know some who have over looked it .Good luck.................YG

5. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

NUTTER...humm rocker shafts, that's why i ran chevies. wasn't smart enough to remember shaft alignment. O don't tell me you haven't been there! HA! but then again i did ride the SHORT buss...POP.

6. Huh??

Okay then . . .

7. Ron In the SHOP

Ron In the SHOP
    BANNED
    from california

dont forget that the OIL FEED HOLE has to be positioned correctly or else the oil will not flow.
    the left shaft can be installed on right head,...but still oil hole will be not at actual bottom/underside to feed the rockers.

"motors" manuals will show this....!!!!