Register now to get rid of these ads!

Reverb-anybody put one in their car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zipperhead, Nov 26, 2009.

1. zipperhead

zipperhead
    from Ma

Bought an aftermarket reverb unit several years ago new in box (Verba-Mite). Fond memories of riding in my neighbor's sister's 64 impala and it was a great sound. Anyone still using one?

2. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Had one in my 57 in 1966, man was I cool...........

3. ramzoom

ramzoom
    from California

Our 63 has had a Vibrasonic since new.......Music bouncing through a coffee can:D

[​IMG]

4. kwoodyh

kwoodyh

67 Buick California GS (340 AFB) has a factory reverb for the AM radio! It quit working about 20 years ago so I wired the reverb switch to control the AMP for an aftermarket AM/FM Cassette! Traditional circa 1980! ;)

5. coppertone

coppertone

What's a reverb-verb-verb-verb?

6. I've had em too. Too bad they sound more pronounced when someone's talkin during a commercial or the news, but not all that noticeable while playing music

7. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

I also had one in my 64 SS Impala, it was under the back deck. Go across the railroad tracks.....WangWang wong......:p:D

8. I had one in my 67 Mustang. I loved 'em. When I listen to music through my puter, I usually have reverb with the sound card turned on.

9. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

does anybody sell them new? i had to ask.

10. Swifster

Swifster

I'm hoping to find a decent unit for my Studebaker.

11. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Just mount the speaker in the bottom of a metal trash can in the trunk.:D Of course...good luck trying to find a metal trash can. I had one in my 58 Plymouth along with a 4 track tape player. yeah 4 track.

12. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

pontiacs put them in their cars in 66-67 i think. my cousin had a bonneville 421 + that had one from the factory.

13. had one in 1968 when i could buy them used and could afford it, :D bong a wonga over the rough tracks then, musta been a high tech unit!!!!!!!:eek:
    ah the good old days

just cant believe how good a radio i have in my 93 dakota open the doors crank it and load wood and instant outdoor concert hall
    "the good old days" maybee not
    rember the AM radios that would not have enough volume to even hear??:cool:

14. RDR

RDR

bought an amp with reverb from JC Whitney for the Chevy 10 years ago...Dang thing still works

15. fleetside66

fleetside66

Back in the 60's, my buddy had one in his '65 (?) Barracuda. It was cool, but it got a little old after listening to it hour after hour. I forget if it had the capability of going from normal to reverb.

16. Garyr

Garyr

Can you still buy them? Brings back real old memories and good times.

17. historynw

historynw

I had one in the 80's that Apline sold put it in my Vette then. Your right about the garbage can sound, echo, echo, echo.

18. Soreback

Soreback

Jeeze! Had one in my 62 Bonneville Convert with a rear speaker. Forgot all about it till now. Listening to Joplin,Doors,Hendrix with the verb on my 4 track deck with the top down. Good Times!

19. Special Ed

Special Ed

I hope that was a MUNTZ 4 track!:)

20. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

I had one in a 65 GTO, in the late 60's and early 70's, they were great. I wonder why you don't see them around anymore?

21. BCR

BCR

Missed the 60's but I had one in my Torino Cobra as a factory option in around 1989... Listened to Crimson and Clover once and it threw me into an Austin Powers time warp. On second thought maybe it was the Mad Dog 20 20.... Sounded pretty cool as I cruised around pretending it was 71. Ha Ha

22. sololobo

sololobo

Yes I remember the first one in town, buddy had it in a 53 Olds hardtop and it was the talk of the town, We listened to K.O.M.A. in Oklahoma City way up in Nebrasksa, they played all the cool stuff. Yeah as lippy said when he went over the railroad tracks or a big bumb it did the funky sounds, but we thought it was cool!! I have one on a stock 57 Chevy radio but I didn't ever use it on my last ride. Thanks for the memory lane trip!! ~Sololobo~