Register now to get rid of these ads!

Good Guys Scottsdale

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kerry67, Nov 16, 2009.

1. blackout

blackout

Thanks for posting these, everybody

2. Kerry67

Kerry67

Can't get my pics to post for some reason.

3. posi

posi
    from canada

gg southwest

Attached Files:

4. heres a couple for ya Kerry........................:D

Attached Files:

5. bonesy

bonesy

Man-o-man!

That is a cool car. I love it!

6. 33Tudor

33Tudor

Here are a few more. Happy Thanksgiving!

Attached Files:

7. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

Ha. I got the wagon, but they tell me the owner is a real hardass. Or was that lardass.

[​IMG]

I forgot to snap the Econoline, though. It had a really complicated but endlessly cool front suspension with a dropped stock axle and a nine (!) link setup with bags front and rear. Lotsa work there.

Others:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That '58 Impala was a popular photo subject, and it was a 348 tripower car too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pristine Kaiser Darrin had an injected 502 BBC under the hood:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This '66 F100 had an '04 Lightning blown 5.4 and front suspension, multi link rear.

[​IMG]

Phantom NoCamino was dead on factory appearing, with El Camino bed, roof, bed trim, door frames, etc. Guy had a great eye.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Other phantoms are perhaps best left at the "what if" stage:

[​IMG]

I'm a Ford guy who loves '56 Chevys. This Nomad had an LS2, modern suspension.

[​IMG]

Everyone walks right past cars like this at a show like this. Clean '56 sedan doesn't look like much, but wait, are those '80s Camaro strut towers? The car was built on the entire floor pan of an '88 IROC Z Camaro, all the way to the back bumper, and including all the suspension and most electricals. So what you see here is probably the worlds' only unit body '56 Chevrolet. And you thought everything possible had been done to those.

[​IMG]

Never seen an overhead cam 5.0 EFI Ford? You have now.

[​IMG]

Not a HAMBster, but positively mindblowing:

[​IMG]

-KK

8. wstory

wstory
    from So Calif

My favorite car at Scottsdale
    [​IMG]
    'course it's mine!
    [​IMG]
    HOW COULD YOU HAVE MISSED IT?
    :D

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  9. El Bombero

El Bombero

Lo-Lo's MMMMMMMMM

Attached Files:

10. Kerry67

Kerry67

The primer on my car looks like s**t........gotta get some paint on it soon. Flat black w/flaked green roof. Then some pinstriping work of course.

11. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

Did anyone get any pics of the awards deal? We were fortunate enough to get "period perfect" but since my wife was in the car with me we don't have any pics. Pls PM me if you have pics - thanks, Tom

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

First off thanks to EVERYONE for posting all the photos from the event. Blue skies and sunshine....will hopefully see some of that next month when I'm there. Which leads me to my question.....does anyone know the owners of these two Olds coupes below?? My Dad would like to talk to them next month when we're there. Also, if anyone knows of any '49 or '50 Olds coupes for sale in really decent condition either stock appearing or hot rodded please let me know.
    Good place for breakie??? I LOVE pecan waffles. Got an address for me??:D

13. MilesM

MilesM

I thnk the red one used to be Ron Olmsteads. He had is for sale for awhile but I have not seen him with it in a couple months and he has another new ride so I assume he sold it. I will check with him.

14. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I love that yellow 57 Chevy.

15. Ron's Olds was a fastback if I'm not mistaken and he told me yesterday that he traded it off for a Suburban.

There are two red Olds coupes like that running around town. I did one for Ben Johnson a while back, I don't think that one is his.

16. when are you going to be here and for how long and where are you going to be?

17. desertdroog

desertdroog

Scottsdale Breakfast club for that kind of fare: http://www.thebreakfastclub.us/

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'd appreciate you double checking with him. Since he seems to be into Oldsmobiles can you ask him if he knows of anyone with a coupe for sale?

Do you have his contact info by chance? I'll pass it along to Dad so they can chat.

Hanging out with you??:D
    Seriously, Dad and I are staying about 5 miles from Westworld. Besides the BJ Auction we plan on hitting the RM, Russo & Steele, & Mechum Auctions, the Pavillion cruz night, and chase down any '49/50 Olds coupe leads that might pop up. Would also like to check out a few HAMB pals shops/garages. ;)

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

While everything on the menu sounds yummy it seems abit pricey. Got any suggestions for "normal" priced breakie in the Scottsdale area?

20. yeah......the free breakfast bar at the fairmont inn :D

21. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

We like the "Good Egg"

http://www.thegoodeggaz.com/

Tom

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks Tom, we'll certainly check that place out.

23. Glen

Glen

If you can make it to TC egginton's in Mesa, I would highly reccomend it. The food is good and the place is clean and tidy.

http://www.tcegg.com/

24. sound great too me. I know a couple of places for good mexican food and such.

25. desertdroog

desertdroog

Scottsdale isn't cheap, but their dishes are out of the ordinary.

Locally, I recommend http://www.mattsbigbreakfast.com/, but be prepared to wait as the place holds about 25 people. It is downtown, right in the middle of ASU's gentrification project, but still old Phoenix.

Everyone has their own favorite Mexican joints in town, but you can't really go wrong out here. We have some of the best north of the border.

26. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks for all the suggestions fellas. I guess I should mention I don't do Mexican. I'm more of a BBQ, steak or Italian kinda gal.:D

27. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

What, no sushi? :D

28. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

First Watch is a great local chain for breakfast and I know they have one in north Scottsdale. They have some of the best blueberry pancakes around. Make sure you take a little time to get the heck out of Scottsdale though, and see how the other half lives! Phoenix is a truely cool city as well!

29. lanny haas

lanny haas
    from Phoenix AZ

http://www.photosportsusa.com/

in the last folder, 39, they have the awards photos. these are the same guys who took your photo when you drove in.
    [​IMG]

30. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix