Register now to get rid of these ads!

53 chevy custom. chopped and lengthend teaser thread.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by southpark, Nov 21, 2009.

1. southpark

southpark
    BANNED

well my 52 thread got deleted so im sure this one isnt far away. thanks for all the compliments anyways guys.

2. GM did that nose stretch all the time. my 48 Buick Roadmaster has hood and fenders 18 inches longer than my 47 Buick Super. yet the roadmaster wheelbase is only 7 inches longer. I say if it's fun do it.
    On the last thread that was shut down two one piece Olds windshields cut and trimmed. I wouldn't suprised if you could use a couple 53-54 chev windshields. the straight vertical cut is as simple as flat glass. trimming the top and bottom takes a little more time

3. fryguy

fryguy

You're right with that. Buick did it out of necessity to house that big 320ci straight Eight. He's doing it out of necessity as well, just a different one:D

4. And now that hugh 320 is getting replaced with a Cummins diesel

5. southpark

southpark
    BANNED

couple new pics with the doors on and the seats mounted, working on getting my gaps all lined up. then i got about a full day of welding seems :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

6. I don't really dig the extended front end. It ruins the proportions. The work is nice and all, but stylistically it looks wrong.

7. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

It's less work to create two fenders and a hood than it is to build another radiator shroud? :confused:

I like custom builds, but stretching the nose a full 6" is probably not going to look great when you're done. Hey, at least at this stage it would be easy to fix. :D

8. 19chevy53

19chevy53
    from Nanaimo

Can't wait to see more pics. And the Grill is sweeet

9. southpark

southpark
    BANNED

not just the shroud, the radiator and everything would of needed moved back 6 inches, the end of the fenders were actually behind the radiator mounting panel, and it didnt look like there was any room to move the fan back without moving the whole motor back, so to me it was eaiser to extend the fenders.

10. southpark

southpark
    BANNED

just found out im getting laid off in a week. wont be back to work til around mid feb.( i manage a golf course so i was semi ready for it but still wasnt expecting the lay off for another 6 weeks) so as it always happens this time of year one of the projects has to go, i would love to keep this one but its just not in the budget to finish it. i have 3 projects in the shop and the other 2 are not even really options to get rid of. im gonna bust my ass on this girl for another 2 weeks or so ( it will be nice to have all the time in the world to jam on it ) so at least i can get it running and driving around. its been fun but bills and family come first. shitty.. but thats life if you build 3-4 cars a year your gotta end up selling something.

11. fryguy

fryguy

I'd love to see that!

12. southpark

southpark
    BANNED

threw some gas in the old girl and drove her around the block, god damn this car is fun haha

i diont know how to post youtube videos some if some one could for me that would be great. heres the link anyways

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiRbZgmNWjQ

13. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Are you going to widen it?:D

14. tooslow54

tooslow54

To the right of the video there's a tag that reads "Embed", just highlight and copy that and then past into the thread.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uiRbZgmNWjQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uiRbZgmNWjQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

15. southpark

southpark
    BANNED

hey thanks alot tooslow</EMBED>

16. southpark

southpark
    BANNED

pics.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      220 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      178.6 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      201 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      229.2 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      202.2 KB
      Views:
  17. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Lookin great,much better proportions than your last one. Can`t wait to see how your next one turns out.

18. southpark

southpark
    BANNED

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ULTiZnLBCSU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ULTiZnLBCSU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

19. southpark

southpark
    BANNED

had a guy stop by while i was taking the first drive and had the ol lady waiting in the car for me, apparently she got a little pissy cus i was bullshitting for like 20 min. haha.

20. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

what happened to the rear window opening?

21. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

once again im not feeling it. it doesnt look proportional. there is way too big of a gap from the front bumper to the front of the wheel well opening. just looks odd and not in a good way

22. grease and ink garage

grease and ink garage

hahaha that,s wy i always leave her at home !!
    car looks great !!
    keep up the good work !!
    cheers !

23. southpark

southpark
    BANNED

i think its just a bad picture , it was VERY braced before i cut it out. plus it the rear window was chopped about 2 inches.

24. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

braced is good... but that rear window opening looks like a midnight three case of beer abortion... your tape measures markings wore out or something?

25. I Drag

I Drag

The extra 10" in the front don't look so bad to me. If you check the profile, there's way more length behind the rear wheel opening, and for no functional reason.

So it actually looks more balanced this way.

I'd like to see provisions for a real glass windshield on the next one.

26. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Do you just get off on making a car look like it has the most shitty proportions in the world.

Someone needs to take your tools away from you...

27. outlaw1949

outlaw1949

I just threw up in a little.

28. inkmunky

inkmunky

Just my opinion, the proportions of this thing are jacked,the flow of the rear window is way messed up with that flat top (and yeah it's visibly crooked), the rear wheels sit too far forward and i still don't see a need to extend the front fenders. Overall ambitious but all wrong seems like very poor planning, if any, and worse execution.