Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects new ride...62 Galaxie more door

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olblackbetty, Nov 25, 2009.

1. olblackbetty

olblackbetty

Hey guys! Happy Thanksgiving! I acquired a new ride recently, a 62 Galaxie 500 4-door. Plans are to fix the seam sealer in the rain gutters and paint the roof, change the wheels of course, and drive the hell out of it! Its a 292 2 speed w/ 94000 miles on her. She runs good and drives decent even with the big wheels on it. Any thoughts on a good wheel and tire combo?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Astros and pinner white's.

3. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Hard to say for a fourdoor......

Maybe fifteen inch steel wheels and some cool wheel covers. Maybe baby moons. Thin whites to go with your upscale model.

If you had the lower line Galaxie, I would say poverty caps and blackwalls.

I see your car (really neat, by the way), and all my longstanding biases (predjudice?) concerning fourdoors come back. Intellectually, I like them. Emotionally, not many of them have what it takes. Maybe yours will. Keep us updated as you tune it up.

4. PITRE ART

PITRE ART

Astos and skinny whites or chromies with spiders and skinny whites.

5. 3onthetree

3onthetree

ANYTHING would be better than what's on there now. I just can't get into those big wheels.
    Personally, I'd stick with something from that era, chrome reverse, baby moons, slots, painted steels with dog dish caps, maybe even some cool full wheel covers from something in the fifties.
    Don't worry about it being a 4 door, to me they're just as cool. That's a sharp looking car and I'd be proud to own it.

6. brocluno

brocluno

Been too many decades since I owned on of those :) Which bolt pattern is that one? 5 on 5 1/2"? If so, 14 inch Lincoln steelies with inch walls up front. The rims are pretty wide so the tires will be fat for a nice ride. 15x7 steelies in the rear with matching cap bumps and inch walls so you can get some nice small chrome Ford caps all around. It'll set the stance and ride/drive sweet. It'll look all stock until someone look close :)

7. chilly1

chilly1
    from Tacoma,Wa

Nothing wrong with more doors as long as you don't pretend it's a 2 dr. and just admit you have a more door.

8. joedoh

joedoh
    from Wichita KS

wires are ok, you just need the right kind.

[​IMG]

9. forddragracer

forddragracer

how bout you find some oe caps and rims?

10. JERDOG

JERDOG

its not a twospeed if its equiped with a fordomatic take off in low take to any rpm pull it back into low it will shift into 2nd push up into drive and that is third.

11. nailz

nailz
    from San Diego

i think 14" deep chrome reverse and skinny whites!

12. olblackbetty

olblackbetty

Thanks for the replies guys! Joedoh thats a sweet looking car! Keep 'em coming!

13. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Those wheels are not Hamb friendly and I cant say they are my favorite either but I think they would look better than baby moons etc.on that car.
    I personally think a lot of the 60s cars look better with a classic looking five spoke but in a 20 inch wheel in some cases,and a low stance.

Some cars are not at there full potential in traditional form.
    just my .02

14. IL GIMMI

IL GIMMI

Ditch those rims asap. Astro's , Cragers, Truespoke, anything but that shit. It looks like the beginning stages of a Donk. At least you're saving her from going down the wrong path......

15. olblackbetty

olblackbetty

Brocluno, the bolt pattern of the Galaxie is 5 x 4 1/2

16. olblackbetty

olblackbetty

Here's alittle photoshop for the roof with some black steelies as rolling stock. Which one looks better?

White roof
    [​IMG]
    Metalflake blue roof
    [​IMG]

17. oddrod46

oddrod46
    from Georgia

astros and pinners and blue flake roof, it's a60's car dont look right with 50's style wheels. either way sweet ride man and drive the piss out of it!

18. I have really taken a liking to the '62 Ford and recently aquired one myself, but one of the best looking on the board is Malcolms. If you have not seen his then you are missing out, a legend due to the fact he drives it everywhere. I like your car and nothing "wrong" with four doors, just a little different then the norm and that is good! Wheels on these cars are critical so think long and hard before you settle, long as you like it, thats all good.

19. Domino

Domino

The 62 Galaxie is one of my favorites I have two of them. One is a tudor and one is a mordoor. The Mordoor is my parts car and both of them are the same color as yours. I like the white top, but that is just my preference. Wheels can really make or break a car and the ones that came on yours are all wrong. Hopefully you can sell them and put the money toward something a little more fitting. I have no clue what wheels will find their way onto my car, but I will probably change my mind twenty times before I pick one. These cars look good with chrome steelies, Cragars, larger 5 spokes and nice wheel covers. Malcom's car is just sweet. It is the wallpaper on my computer, I hope he doesn't mind.