Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who's working on their cars over Thanksgiving?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1950ChevySuburban, Nov 25, 2009.

1. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Tradition at my house...... BBQ turkey, wrench on cars. Every so often, check bird, return to cars....

This year I'm dialing in the '50 Burb better, stripping / painting the hood on my other Chevy truck, rewiring a '51 Chevy pickup for a friend. Might even mess with the Nash. I got 4 days this weekend.:D

Oh yeah, finish wiring up my workshop. It'll be nice having lights again!:cool:

(I won't deal with the hood while cooking, that'll be later)

What are you all doing car-wise?

2. tooslow54

tooslow54

I am..got to pull all the suspension off my Galaxie. Time to clean, paint and replace all the bushings, ball joints, etc. Might get under the Bel Air as well and tighten some things up.

3. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

mmm bbq turkey sounds good. u use a smoker?

4. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

I'll be in the garage most of the 4 DAYS OFF..!
    Except of course for manditory test rides in the car and bikes...

I BBQ the bird..so the smell is everywhere around my shop..

I use mesquite from my trees..slow cook....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

After bird...probably not in garage..as the couch is nicer in the house...

5. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

sounds like a cool tradition

6. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

iam.... i always work on one of my shit boxes thanksgiving moring. Going to be bendin up brake lines on the 54 till mom calls to say food is ready:D

7. John Denich

John Denich

Yup four days of working!!!

8. Deadbird

Deadbird

Finally getting back to work on the Beetle just to get it outta my garage! :eek: The Trump is next up.

9. trad27

trad27

I am thrashing on my roadster to get it road worthy for my works christmas party.

10. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

My boys (19 and 24) and I have started the same holiday tradition (Christmas too) - we're planning to wire my '38 Dodge business coupe this weekend. Happy Turkey Day!!!

11. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Im gonna try ,Weds was a wash here .Wanted to work outside on stuff.Ive got balls Ill be out in the garage thursday un til the food is ready.

12. Wowcars

Wowcars

13. ZRODZ

ZRODZ

I'm working on the roaster right now and will be all weekend. The BBQ turkey sure sounds good, ours is the traditional in the oven w/ stuffing. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

14. Truckedup

Truckedup

House full of my wife's relatives,I run out to the garage now and then to turn a wrench.
    Turkey is a foul bird,as always I got myself a T bone steak.

15. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

hell no, ill be nursing this food baby lol

16. Fro

Fro
    from Joplin Mo.

I'm working on a cavalier, sounds like fun huh, Blown head gasket, It belongs to some freinds who are down and out and cant afford to get it fixed or buy another car, so I guess its kinda fitting being Thanksgiving, but as quick as its done it's Triumph time.

17. HotRod33

HotRod33

was out there today welding on a frame for a 34 pickup.... this weekend I am going to finish up the front end on my model a frame.....

18. kirby1374

kirby1374

I hope I get some time at it between now and Sunday :)

19. Got four to work on this weekend - Put a diode and a wiper switch on my Terraplane. Replace the water pump and valve cover gaskets on the wife's New Yorker. Replace a ground wire and troubleshoot a gauge on the Coronet. Measure and test-fit the 440 in the '56 Ply wagon.

20. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Yep, putting rear in in my model A...........

21. DIRTY_WHITE_BOY

DIRTY_WHITE_BOY
    from Tennessee

Hell Yeah, Ordered my small block mounts and crossmember for my economy 305,200 metric conversion in my other 50 styline. Those folks at Walton Fabrication came through, they came in today!!! Eat turkey early,Give Thanks,and work on the 50 all weekend.Thats the way to spend black Friday. For everybody doing the same thing hope all goes well!! Gus

22. Classic_Crime_Inc

Classic_Crime_Inc

painting the roof on my caddy and pinstriping the hood & trunk, putting the interior back and fixing a leak in the air line for the bags

23. Probably try to get the wifes 57 Bel Air project car running before we put it away for the winter.

24. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

Going to be driving mine rain or shine just got the top on.

Attached Files:

25. (BlueOval)

(BlueOval)
    from Slo-Cal

Ditto!!! except I'll be tearing down my 8BA getting ready for machine shop next week.:D

26. SteadyT

SteadyT

Wouldn't know what else to do with my free time until dinner

27. (BlueOval)

(BlueOval)
    from Slo-Cal

Either until Mom says the food is ready, or until the shows starts after the neighbors deep fried turkey goes wrong:rolleyes:

28. Kubbee47

Kubbee47
    from minnesota

Bringing the 41 chev coupe to the shop to start the build. Just tearing her down or just looking at it a while. The bringing home is the fun part. Then get a little turkey at moms with the wife.
    Also looking for a Model A sedan, not sure if I want a 28 or 30, that is another post.

29. I just got my 8BA back from the machine shop (it is now in short block form), so I'll be installing heads, intake, oil pump, oil pan, timing cover, etc. I also have to shim the starter on my Skylark convertible, I just installed....that I am not looking forward to. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

30. flatford39

flatford39

I am actually cooking the entire dinner tomorrow. Giving the wife the day off so she can do her thing. Friday, Saturday & Sunday are going to be in the garage though.