Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT: Another stolen Trailer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Beep, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Some worthess scumbag low life sumbitch stole the trailer I used to haul the Ranchero to the races. I feel kinda like I've been raped. The worst part is, it was a borrowed trailer. Now I have to buy another one and still won't have one. A real bitch.......

I hope I never see that trailer going down the road,,,,,,,,,,,,cause if I do I can't say here what I will do, but it won't be pretty. In Texas,,,we get revenge

I'm thinking having the guy bite into a high speed grinding wheel till he hits the nerves, then stab him in the knee caps with ice picks, then skin the sumbitch and dip him in alchohol, them maybe a match,,,,,but them again, maybe sumething even worse?????????????????

But I don't want to over react

2. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

I feel for ya. Thieves stole mine a month or so ago. Turns out I had some insurance at work that covered it ..... kind of a fluke. I now have a new one covered on a trailer policy with my cars..... I think its $30/yr for full replacement with no deductible..... cheap considering how many trailer thieves there seem to be and the cost of a new one.

3. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

No insurance I am guessing? If you ever do see the trailer, I say go for it. I hate criminals in general, but thieves are high up on the list. Might want to call the cops though and if you do see the trailer, just discretely follow it and call the cops to let them get it back for you. As much fun as it might seem at the time, no need to go to jail yourself over a trailer. At least it sounds like there was nothing good inside/on it. Good luck getting it back.

4. Hope you get it back...
    Nothing worse than a friggin thief !!!!

Rick

5. Total bummer, trailers are like gold. Could you post a picture of it? Maybe someone locally can spot it for you.

Years back I went to buy a trailer to tow my stock car, the guy took me around to his side yard, opened the gate and guess what? No trailer! It was chained to a tree and everything was gone, trailer, chain and all.

Bob

6. yt boy

yt boy
    from Spring,Tx

Lots of theivery going on in our area! It sucks!!!!! My truck got broken into a few weeks ago. Stole my new radio. Lots of other car break ins and a guys enclosed DJ trailer got stolen over the last few months. I guess the higher unemployment gets, the more people will resort to theiving. I like the idea of your revenge tactics but I dont have that much time! If I catch somebody breakin into another one of my cars, they will catch the projectile from the business end of a .45 colt 1911.

BTW...Awesome dragster! I saw it everytime you showed it at Niftie Fifties this year.

7. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Beep; I'm glad you can show restraint like that. Me, I think I'd go all out.
    That sucks real hard. No matter what you have, tongue locks, chained to a tree. big mean dog, they'll get it if they want it. While youre earnin an honest days pay assholes will steal you blind.
    GETTEM!!!

8. nutajunka

nutajunka

Was it in a place where there might have been camera's around that could have recorded it?

9. rstanberry

rstanberry
    from terrell tx

Give us a description or photo

10. igby

igby

had a trailer sitting in side yard with my 1919 stude sitting on it tied down
    thieves tried to back in 75 yards to steal on a rainy night. left burn marks in the grass where they lined up to the hitch. but luckily the front crank wheel had sunk into the ground , and thet couldn't get high enough to get on the ball. they tried to drag it forward, to get up on high ground but all they did was bend the wheel. So they left without trailer. but made mess of yard. Now i have a hitch lock sold by NORTHERN TOOLS KEY LOCK and tire deflaters i bought to deflate the tires if it's moved.

just yerterday had a noise on my deck in back and went to look but saw no one. then a door bell for the front door went off, went to front door and was a girl trying to sell bibles for deaf and blind. had a carevan with slightly black out windows. wanted to know if i knew some body deaf in neighborhood who needed a bible. no one like that here. then i noticed she had no bible on her or papers in hand . like most people do. so she leaves and they don't go to any other houses as they leave. three heavy set guys sitting in the van. go to my video camera on the back yard and review footage and there trying to open my garaqe door to my big garage . then she comes on my deck to look in back door. and sees tv on and takes off to front door.
    called cops about it but have not heard back yet.

I TRUST NO ONE NOW! when they come in my yard.

11. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

12. Adam.Perrault

Adam.Perrault
    from Phoenix AZ

So wrong. My O/T Trooper was broken into repeatedly and finally stolen. when it was recovered the cops apprehended the thief and had him in the back of the cruiser with drapes on the window. they said he was from the neighborhood and the cop was worried that I would recognize him and go after him. Damn Right I would. I calmly told the cop I wanted to hit the guy in the hip with my 16lb sledge. so everyday when he hurts to move he will curse stealing my rig. I think it freaked out the cop. he seemed shaken.
    didn't ever find out who it was. alas.

13. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

That sucks... I hope you get it back.

14. Big Tony

Big Tony

That sucks, You have any pics to help remind us what it looks like and we will keep our eyes open..if i find him i will try to wait for you to get there in order to talk justice with him.

15. Don't hold back, Beep. Tell us how you really feel about this. :rolleyes::D

16. Big Block Bill

Big Block Bill

I can relate.......I lived in NY for 55 years never robbed, I moved to Charlotte, NC and in my first 6 months there my trailer was stolen and a few weeks later my truck was broken into. It appears down south the police didn't feel it was worth their time to show up, they just took my info over the phone. After the fact.....I find out it is quite common for trailers to get stolen and dragged over state lines to SC where there is no requirement of documentation of trailers. After 3 years of southern hospitality I'm back in NY.

17. RAY With

RAY With

Always hate to hear of someone getting ripped off. Like several above say please post a picture of the trailer. Since I am in a secluded area and not to far from spring you just never know what will pass by on the hiway. There is always the chance of locating it since Texas laws were changed on trailer plates. There not real easy to get any more.

18. spook498

spook498

I am sorry to hear about your trailer. I hope you get it back at some point...

My dad used to say something similar. Give them something so they remember it everytime they take a step for the rest of their lives...

19. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

sad stories, do you need a title to get license plates for a trailer?

20. Sorry to hear about your loss. I've got a friend who is a dentist and believes in revenge. He live just outside Houston, gimme a call if you catch the guy...

21. GTS225

GTS225

I agree with Spook498.....I figure my vengaence will be one .22 round in the kneecap. From then on, every time they get out of bed....everytime the weather changes...everytime they squat down to pick something up off the floor......they will remember me....they will remember what I did to them....and they will remember why.

Roger

22. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Brian, sorry about the trailer. Someone attempted to pick the pin lock and coupler lock on my trailer when I had my Willys on it. Scumbags. Give us the details/pic of the trailer and I'll surely keep my eyes peeled online and on the highway. Take care,

Jeremy

23. rebelrat

rebelrat

24. Some states do not require registration NOR title on trailers, generally those under 10K# GVW. Oklahoma, Tennessee, and South Carolina are but just three of several States that are such. Oklahoma finally came to its senses recently, and allows voluntary registration on non-commercial trailers under 10K# GVW - cost seven bucks per year.

25. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Sad. I hope you get it back. As for the revenge, I'm sure you were joking, because the way the law works, you could end up in jail longer than he is. Is it right? NO. But that's the world we live in.

26. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

tfeverfred<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_4600039", true); </SCRIPT>

I know what you are saying.

But,

I'm fucking sick of all the PC bullshit that we in America have learned to life with.

Man we did it to ourselves over many many years real slow that no one noticed to much.

The sad deal is ,if we try to fix it,it would take another thirty years to reverse if we could at all .... It sad just fucking SAD , MOSTLY for the future and our kids.

Off the soap box-sorry everyone ,

But I just hate a thief.

Brian I hope and pray that you get you trailer back.

27. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There's a guy from here in town sitting in jail right now because he shot a guy who was breaking into his car in front of the house. All the trailers in the word aren't worth sitting in jail for because you shot or beat the hell out of someone who was stealing or had stolen it.

Tongue locks are cheap but as someone said they might not always keep someone from taking a trailer but they will most likely send the casual thief on down the road.

I'll agree though that today's economy has a lot to do with the theft rates especially of trailers that can be used to move from one area to another or used to make money or sold to someone who isn't too particular about getting papers on them.

In this state at least, if you take a trailer in to have it inspected to get it registered they go over the thing with a fine tooth comb looking for any sign of a serial number on the frame or other identifying marks. I just went through that with my sailboat trailer when I took it in to get it inspected.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

28. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

This is Texas. You can shoot someone breaking into your neighbors house and not even get questioned twice...the next day you'll be a hero.

29. The trailer was chained to my other trailer through the wheels, the one holding the GizzleHopper, both were chained to a tree. Both had hitch locks. Didn't help. They just cut the chains and drug it off. The sumbitches...................

30. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Thats what my Dad taught me ,

the more hassel it is to get it

and the longer it takes to snatch it ,the better

They want something quick and easy!

But as you know that don't always works..

Sorry again ....