Register now to get rid of these ads!

Distric Attorney/ Code Enforcement issues with your cars?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Fishbeck, Nov 24, 2009.

1. We have year round places to go in all directions, but its a mutha to try and make it here

2. Mason

Mason

Ain't that a bitch, your one of the few in Berdoo that obey the law and your D.A. enemy #1! What's up Jay this is Mason, long time hah, I see your life has also been taken over by this obsession we all try to pass off as a hobby. I have quite a collection too (mostly muscle cars) but a few that are HAMB friendly. I agree with a lot of these guy's we need to move to another state. I am afraid Sacramento's got plenty up their sleeve of things that will send me packing. I have heard everything from appraised value taxes on our classics to emission impact taxes because they need the money to pay for all their wonderful state programs to support all of our fellow aliens, "illegal" would be politically incorrect. So I think this situation that your encountering with our local officials are only a sign of what's to come.

3. Thats true but their's a ton of money coming from recycle'ing the power's in charge would rather crush it all.

4. White Trash Renegade

White Trash Renegade
    from Derby, KS

I've got a neighbor that pulls the same shit with me at least 3 times a year. Hence the screen name! LOL!

5. I'd be after you as well... until I could buy a 56 post off you!

Then I'd hang around for some extra parts.... !

I had a property that the county was basically rendering it "Unuseable" due to cars parked on dirt... so my buyer had to either concrete, blacktop a good portion of his land and the codes didn't allow for anymore permanant pavement for the size of his property!

So the buyer got a load of used "pavers" (bricks) for nothing and since pavers aren't considered "Permanent" he didn't violate any building or compliance codes plus he wouldn't be assessed more taxes for having permanet pavement.

Win... Win... Win...!

6. fisher_man_matt

fisher_man_matt

Just curious, do you pay storm water fees based on the impervious area of your property?

7. <FANG>

<FANG>
    from W.L.A.

I live in an apartment the only parking I have is on the streets
    And a asswipe neighbor keeps calling parking enforcement
    To chalk my tires so I have to move every other day
    It’s because it doesn’t look like his Cad Escalade
    He claims it looks too junky

8. I have until the 3rd of next month to be up to par. I have to play there game for awhile, then I'll be back on mine. It's nice knowing so many people. We have a lawyer who has been riding by here since a little kid with his mother on the way to the Fedco store that used to be on the corner. People build cars and look forward to driving by here when it's done. I see it everyday..

9. Tax on tax on .. No, maybe I don't have it that bad

10. Not on this piece of land... this was totally about developed square footage designed to allow Green space between structures and concrete or asphalt suddenly became "Developed land" where as "pavers" do not fall into developed land.

We were walking a thin line and the "powers that be"... let this slide much to the chagrin of the "Plaintiff" neighbor... but some neighborhood covenants do have restrictions to impervious surfaces... and pavers might be the answer there as well!

Another antidote if they have problems with the unlicensed autos on your property... although it may be costly... is to have the cars stored on trailers!

Somehow trailers aren't as environmentaly unstable as cars on dirt!

Just thinking outside the box for ya!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  11. I live in upland my friend.. If my tennis shoes are dirty i get a warning..
    My girlfriend lives in yucaipa.. I have a few cars stashed at her house.. No problems..
    My shop is in ontario.. It's at the rear of a building with 2 other shops in front.. I got a warning from code enforcement because i have 4 tires stacked next to my shop.... The shop in front of me is a tire shop.. Hundreds of tires stacked... But........ No old cars in sight... Go figure.........

12. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

they were flying a helicopter over here looking for cars parked in peoples back yards.

13. outagas

outagas

I agree with invisible kid. I have 9 cars on my property that are non op'd. You can't see them from the street. They are all either in garages (I have 2) or in a special backyard courtyard so they are outasite. I keep my front yard clean and trimmed.

If you want good neighbors, then be a good neighbor. I don't want to see somebodies "project" sitting in front of someones house for 10 years gathering spider webs. store it out of view of the neighborhood. Simple....but a lot of hillbillies don't get it. :confused:

14. Well I am damn p-leased that I live in New Zealand.
    We haven't been hit by this sort of shit yet.
    But the Govt has just today passed a new "Emissions Trading Scheme" law.
    It's all about Carbon Credits now. What a load of bull.
    Just another scheme to scam money out of people.
    Blame "Global Warming" if it even exists.
    Which I doubt.

15. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Sure glad I live where I do! I'd probably go postal if I had to deal with the crap some of you guys do.

16. Is it hard to spread that patch cement stuff 1/2" thick? Maybe if you water it down some when you mix it?

Cause I assume just doing a wheelbarrow and putting enough of a patch for each of all four tires to sit on won't cut it. Although they would then be parked on concrete, living up to the letter of the law if not the spirit of it.

But it only has to look good long enough for an inspection or photos, so....

If they do come back tell 'em you hired a state contractor to do the job....

17. zzford

zzford

How about plywood painted concrete gray? It would probably look like the real McCoy from a distance. Or just enough concrete for each tire to sit on?

18. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

This is the kind of issue that the SAN (SEMA Action Network) has been fighting for some time now.

These city/county officials harass us in the name of fighting "urban blight". SAN has stopped enactment of many state & local laws that called ANY inop car an eyesore & treated it as blight.

Perhaps if you contact them, they may have a suggestion or a contact that can help you.

19. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

I think I drove past your place a few times when I lived out in San Bernardino. You should notify SEMA about your issues

20. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

I live in Yucaipa also,and let me say this,the police out here aren't all that lenient. I had a truck that was cited because it sat on the street in front of my house for 10 days before I got it registered,and then cited two days later,and then again a week later,then the head gaskets blew and I took the top end apart to get the heads rebuilt. I wrote a sign and stuck it in the window that said "Do not ticket truck,owner is home and truck is not abandoned,please knock on door." So I started pushing it back and forth and washing it to make it look like I drove it until my parts came back and i could put the top end back together.No more citations. Funny thing is,I had a bit of a rusty '62 Monterey sitting in front of my house for months with a tarp over it and never once got cited for that one. Now I know most of the police and Sheriffs around here and they don't mess with me or my cars anymore. Luckily this town is well represented by classic car collectors and restorers,and has a once a month car show that goes for around 8 months plus a few smaller shows in between.

21. ty1295

ty1295
    from Indiana

$1 concrete blocks under each tire, POW parked on concrete and should piss off the neighbors even more.

22. themodernartist

themodernartist

ty1295,
    You are the man!
    Only problem with concrete blocks (I love it) or pouring a little Sackcrete under each tire is that some over zealous building inspector will want to know where was your building permit for your new parking pad(s). Great idea even if it is just to pull their chain.
    Being a professional Artist, I wonder how I could just sign my name to the car and call it a piece of sculpture.
    Peace,
    Chaz

23. saints

saints

Man I just moved because of the sh!t....I recieved a couple 50 dollar homeowner ass. tickets for having cars parked in my drive for more than 48hrs....Thats bs so I just moved to owasso ok and have a couple of acres to build a shop and stash my ever growing cars

24. You have got to be fuckin kidding me... Let's all hold hands and sing Kumbaya while we're at it... Not all of us can afford a special fuckin "backyard courtyard" Are you a car guy or part of the problem ? I'd love to see my neighbors project cars sitting out in front of their garages (being worked on preferably but it ain't my business). I guess my idea of being a good neighbor is VERY different than yours. I believe in minding my own fucking business, NOT being the lawn police and having a hissy fit if my neighbors grass is too high. Sorry for the rant but guys like you ARE the problem... Proud to be a NH hilbilly... "Live Free or Die"

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  25. CGkidd

CGkidd

Green in the IE? Used to be nothing but cactus and dirt, now its nothing but smog, houses and dirt. One of the reasons when I graduated in 90 I got out of Socal and now I only go back to visit on rare occasions. Sorry to hear about the problems with the city. Another reason I will never move back down.

26. Interesting . . . Pea Gravel would seem to be the environmental choice as the ground can still absorb water through it, but they want you to pave or pour concrete to park your cars on.

Do you have to pay more property tax with more paved area on the property?

Just trying to follow the money and make some sense of this.

27. When your voters elect the likes of Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Boxer, what do you expect?

I'm not saying that zoning/code violations are not needed, some are, because some people "just don't get it". Most people don't buy a house (their largest investment) to live next to a junk yard. Be respectful to your neighbors, keep your projects out of sight, and the noise/odor level down.

With all of the counties/cities looking for additional revenue, homeowners getting cited for code violations will be on the increase (example, I was told that a neighbor was recently cited for painting the exterior of his house without pulling a permit..........).

If you decide to comply and pour a slab, remember, you will have to pull a permit and get inspections. That allows the inspector to enter onto your property. If you have any other visible violations, be sure to correct those before the inspector comes...... And if you hire a contractor, make sure he/she is licensed to do work in your city. When it rains, it often pours.

28. lamy_chop

lamy_chop
    BANNED

conservatives are just as wacko as liberals. this is a good case in point. they say they're all about personal freedoms and this whole "ownership society" but then they tell you can't do what you want with your own property because it might effect the value of your neighbors property. politicians (conservative or liberal, left or right) are only concerned with where the next buck can be squeezed from joe citizen.

29. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

can't a guy log onto the HAMB in the morning without hearing everyone's "expert" opinion about politics?

[​IMG]

30. Don't view the thread then.