Register now to get rid of these ads!

How many college kids are here?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by texag09, Jul 28, 2009.

1. BStoltz

BStoltz

im 19 going to school for automotive design at the University of Cincinnati! i got a 30 model A that has been a long time in the making........... design school pretty much sucks up all my free time but we'll get it done eventually.

2. mike1951

mike1951
    from Colorado

BA in English Lit from Southern Illinois University
    MA in Curriculum and Instruction (teaching) University of Colorado At Colorado Springs
    Ph.D. Education Leadership, Research and Policy in progress grad date 2010 University of Colorado at Colorado Springs...I just started my dissertation...

Teacher, Palmer High School in Colorado Springs....

Lots of tattoos and I drive my 51 Chevy to work everyday....
    Collecting Model A parts for my next build...

Good luck on all your degrees...

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  3. frankiemoz

frankiemoz
    from oxnard ca

im a army vet,using my gi bill and going to wyotech in west sacramento.im doing the collision repair/refishing progam with chassis fab and street rod fabrication as my electives.

4. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

college and hot rods DO NOT mix... its agonizing.. painful... and heart breaking.. knowing that if you were just graduated and in your carreer already you could have your car done, or have the money to buy the parts to build it... instead of skipping meals and working at super shitty jobs like cashiering at a home town buffet... guuhhhh...

im a senior at Portland State and THANK GOD am graduating this spring term with a bachelors in Public Health Education: School Health :cool:

5. Bettlejuice

Bettlejuice
    from WV

I totally applaude (sp?) the older fellas goin' back for their degrees. Like I mentioned earlier, in my degree-specific classes the actually "college-age" students are outnumbered, and outperformed, by older students looking to further their education. There are plenty of engineering programs that can directly aide in your hot-rod hobby, and as someone who is "returing" to school (even though I'm only 27, I fall into this catagory) will almost certainly perform extremely well in the classes as they (I guess I should say "I") genuinely want to learn the information provided instead of just slogging through to get a degree. I always liked having a lab partner that was a "nontraditional" student because they really busted their hump to get a handle on the infromation. I applaude (sp?) anyone willing to put the effort into furthing their education AS WELL as working a steady job to provide for finances for their genuine responsibilites. The difference between being a "college kid" and someone outside the normal age bracket is astronomical; I loved having people that were furthering their education as lab partners because they were at a point in their life where the GENUINELY want to learn the information instead of just coasting along. I am going back for a second BS right now, and would totally encourage anyone that wants to complete a degree program, regardless of age, to do it. If you're a non-traditional student, usually the teachers will do their best to work with you concerning responsibilities.

It's never to late to take a whack at a degree! If you want it, go for it, you may be surprised how willing the teachers are to aide in your pursuit even with full time employment and a family. No teacher wants to see you fail, in all honesty!

6. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

College student and slacker here, but, a far cry from a college kid.

Would have been graduating this spring, but, somehow I had the bright idea to declare double majors. Now that pushes me back another year and a half in course work. This ought to teach me a good lesson for being an over achiever.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  7. ruquik

ruquik

25, Working fulltime as a mechanical drafter/designer. Associates from Delaware Technical and Community College for Design (Mechanical) Engineering. Finishing one last class for an Associates in Engineering Drafting.

Need time to work on the A.....

-Brad

8. 38 coupe

38 coupe
    from Texas

29 and should graduate the end of the the spring '10 semester with mechanical engineering degree. School precludes most of my project time (and money).

9. KadenRay

KadenRay

Im a 21 year old college dropout but ill start back in about a year

10. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

I'm 18, I withdrawed from the nearest Technical College for Welding. 120 mile round trip to go "learn" with the other guys how to stand around and smoke and live off goverment money until the coal boom picked back up.

11. junk fiend

junk fiend

currently trying to finish a research paper last minute. friggin HAMB is distracting me!!

12. MXmaniac

MXmaniac
    from Denton, TX

I'm 18 and a freshman Mechanical engineering student at the University of Texas at Arlington. I've got a long ways to go, but I'll make it. I can't see myself doing anything other than mechanical engineering.

My project is a '64 Chevy C-10, early '60s mild custom type build. I work on my truck on the weekends(as my super-tight budget allows), but live on campus during the week and put in a lot of hours at the UTA Formula SAE shop building a purpose-built race car. If you don't now what Formula SAE is you should look into it. Students design, build, and race a new car every year.

Here's a pic of the OT '69 C-20 I restored as my first truck, next to my '64 that I'm currently throwing all my money at. Also a pic of one of our FSAE cars at an SCCA event at the Texas Motor Speedway.

Attached Files:

13. 32, working on a Masters of Divinty from Southwestern Seminary in Fort Worth, Tx.

14. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

21 in College here. But I have to work to pay my bills... Funny thing is is that college really hasn't taught me anything I didn't already know.

15. MengesTwinCustoms

MengesTwinCustoms

21, i dropped out of college to start a hot rod shop

16. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Hmmm that's funny I just started mine too.:cool:

17. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

19 and studying mechanical engineering at Green River Com. Building 3 hotrods and 2 customs right now

18. Casey J

Casey J
    from Ada. MN

[FONT=&quot]I'm 25 working on my second worthless degree. First was Computer Networking and current is Web Development at NDSCS (online). These aren't worthless, it’s just I never got a networking job and I have been a web developer for longer than I’ve been in school…just after that fancy piece of paper to hang on the wall.[/FONT]

19. fordrat31

fordrat31
    from Palmer, MA

I am 22 and just graduated Mass Maritime Academy with a B/S in Marine Engineering. Working now as a Mechanical Engineer, on huge steam turbines for the power generation industry.