Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Unemployed and someone made me an offer on my Model T

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ford9inch, Nov 23, 2009.

1. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

well just sold my roadster...
    family is important and kids are not cheap,figure I will start a new build,thats what I like to do any way.....
    good luck B

2. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

no question - if it sounds like a decent price to you, sell.

3. Sell it, a hot buyer is too damn hard to find. They repro A subrails, not that bad price wise.

4. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I would sell BOTH my 32 3W and 32 roadster ... to keep a roof over mine and the wife's head. Food on the table and a place to stay FAR OUTWEIGH a toy ... :D

Hopefully when you get out of school ... things will improve and you can build something even better. :)

5. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Take the HAMBERS advice and sell it now. Sounds like you have a couple of things you could build later. I don't see things in the USA getting much better in the future with whats going on in Washington. They have completely lost touch with the middle American. JMHO.

6. KillerKustom

KillerKustom

If you have a buyer and you need the money sell it. What was selling for $15,000.00 18 months ago, now is only bringing around $10,000.00. Strike while the buyer is hot.

7. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

yep!!

the second build is always better then the first because you already know what you want.... :)

and your not the onlyone that get laid off so maybe you can buy a project for pocket money....

8. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

Take the money and run.
    Don't be sitting there next month broke
    and in trouble wishing you had a buyer.

Plus, you can afford a Xmas if you sell it.

9. adamabomb76

adamabomb76
    from York, Pa

Maybe you can pull ends meat by parting some of it out. You will never have a first again, unless you are lucky or sell it in the family w/conditions. I don't wanna sway you from selling it, because what most of the others said was right. Family comes before all.

10. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

If it is a really nice car try and get a couple grand on top and sell it.
    Cars are just cars.

Back bills and debt can kill a family in more ways than one.

11. floored

floored

Money in the bank can buy alot of piece of mind, and these days that is more valuable than any car. With other future projects on hand you know what the right thing to do is.

Ron

12. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

i know your pain.i have been layed off since april and i wont get any extensions because i will not run out this year{first week in jan.}i have sold my first car for my first house and my last one for the house im in now{downpayments}when i sold my lest car i got $8500 for it.i took 2 grand of it for something new and gave the rest to the "house".i really miss my hornet but i love my opel.and i also love where i live.cars will come and go but no matter what you always need a place to live.i dont know what im going to do in jan. when my unem.runs out but all i know is if it means saveing my house then the car has to go.good luck.

13. Road_Rage_Rube

Road_Rage_Rube

I got fired last june, since then I sold almost everything, my opels, the 56 Olds and some other cars. But I will never sell my 51 Olds!!!!!! Its all on you, I don't know your family situation.

14. Road_Rage_Rube

Road_Rage_Rube

15. Road_Rage_Rube

Road_Rage_Rube

but on the other hand, to sell a old car in these times, its not the best idea, everybody sells their shit, so the prices are down. Just think about it, time will tell

16. wedgeii1

wedgeii1
    from california

You never sell your first hot rod! Sure, the next one you build will be better than your first but your memories will always be with that first one. Whether or not you sell your car, you will somehow get by, you always do. Life doesnt end like you think it will. But you sell that car and you'll never get it back. And at some point it will end up haunting you somewhere down the road. You can get rid of a car but your bills will NEVER go away. They will always be there. And like I said earlier, somehow you will get through this. Trust me, you always do....

17. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

what really sucks is i got an offer for my first house 2 years ago for $102,000.and i had to turn it down to finish my new house{built in 1909}now i have it on the market for $50,000 and cant sell it.{i just put $4000 in it this last month}i hope i can sell it because it costs me $800 month just to have it sit there.and now with winter comming it will cost me more just to heat it.i cant believe i cant sell it for 50 grand!!!i have over $100,000 in it wtf.someone can buy it and pay $350 a month for "rent"all im saying if you think that $10,000 is a fair price and you can live with selling it than its got to go.but if not dont sell it and hopefully something will come your way and make life better.

18. 39 sledge

39 sledge
    from p.a.

sell if you have a buyer all my cars, trucks are 4 sale for the right price i can always just build something else.

19. cabriolethiboy

cabriolethiboy

Like my buddy says' "You can always buy something." I would sell it.

20. ford9inch

ford9inch

It's not my FIRST hotrod. To me the definition of hotrod is an open wheeled Model A or T.

My first hotrod is in my avatar pic...I'll never get rid of her

21. southpark

southpark
    BANNED

yep, gotta sell one of mine in the next week or two also.

aint no thing just part of the deal, build the next one better..

22. wedgeii1

wedgeii1
    from california

"Someone offered me 10k for my model t sedan
    my first hotrod build
    I'm considering it" QUOTE

In your first post you said first hotrod. If it aint your first, it may hurt still to sell it but do what you have to do. Like everyone says, you can always build another. Im just a sucker for memories.

23. ThePuck

ThePuck
    from Ottawa

Sold my 65 Imp for the downpayment on my house. Do I miss her... yes. Do I regret it... yes. Was it the right thing to do... yes.

24. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

Easy fix, sell the chassis & extra bodies you have. Clutter sucks enjoy your sedan.