Register now to get rid of these ads!

C9 ...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by retorq, Nov 23, 2009.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

He had massive bleeding in the brain all of a sudden. They life flighted him to Las Vegas but there was nothing the doctors could do. Jay's wife Gay plans on posting more details soon. She really needs all our support during this most difficult time.

2. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I still have a couple of old Grumbacher striping brushes he sent me to try out. Every time I told him I was sending them back he had a convenient excuse for me to keep them a little longer.

Jay was great.

3. reefer

reefer

really sad news....I always enjoyed his posts....he talked a lot of sence.Deepest condolences to his family.

4. AZAV8

AZAV8
    from Tucson, AZ

Our prayers go out to his wife and family!

Jay was an exceptional writer of not just posts here, but his fiction and books were well written as well.

I also enjoyed his techical posts. His creativity extended past the keyboard and writing into the shop and how to build things simply and safely.

He will be missed here on the HAMB, but more so at home by his family.

5. C9, Jay I feel fortunate to have know you over the internet, respected the depth of your knowledge and the love of the hobby we all enjoy.
    May God comfort you and your family in this time of need.
    HemiDeuce.

6. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sad news for sure, we both were into cars & guns, had a lot of discussions, can't believe his passing!----Condolences to his family------Don

7. Hello everyone---This is Jay's wife Gay. I'm so, so sorry that all of you found out the way you did. Writing all of you was on my list of things to do, but I seem kind of paralysed {wrong sp,}. He died Sun. Nov. 15 of a massive brain bleed. They air lifted him from here to Vegas. Our daughter and son{inlaw{ live there and were able to meet the helicopter and walk into the hospital with him. Deb,daughter and I got there about 3 hours later. He was gone probably before we got there but they kept him on life support as long as we need him. Our pregnant granddaughter and boyfriend were able to be there, too. Our other two grandchildren live out of state. We thank all of you for your messages today. I especially liked the ones about him driving on the heavenly roads. C9 used that name because our last name is Carnine. We will be reading further posts. We are so deeply sorry for the loss of such an awesome, wise, loving, super intelligent man.

8. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

9. sorry about your loss. he always had great info, and would answer almost any question you had, and always had great pictures for us slow people. he will be missed.

10. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

My condolences to the family.
    R.I.P. Jay.

11. brandon

brandon

sad to hear....he was always full of tech knowledge and stories . i know its been mentioned but its worth repeating. sorry for your families loss. brandon

12. OOPS I posted before I could leave our address!! Gay Carnine, 3149 Kino Ave. Kingman, AZ 86409 928 692 8332 is our phone # Thanks to all for your kind comments about Jay, they are so right on!!! We are all keeping him in our hearts.

13. My condolences. I personnally enjoyed his interaction on the HAMB; I know others did too. God bless you and God bless Jay.

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Gay, I'm not sure if you ever saw these photos so i thought I'd share them wtih you and Jay's HAMB friends. These are cherished photos to me.

Jay and me when we stopped to visit and have breakfast in Kingman
    [​IMG]

Then with you, Jay and my folks
    [​IMG]

15. Thanks for the always good roadster weather in God's country. That was awesome. Gay

16. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So very sad! ....would have liked to have met him.....he will be missed!

17. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I'm shocked......... can't be..
    I'll miss him around here, thats for sure.......

18. HI DR,J I've always loved your name! Jay had a special place in his heart for you. Gay

19. Bud

Bud
    from Orange, CA

This is such sad news. I can honestly say that whenever I would log on the message board I would never miss reading posts by C9. His knowledge was seemingly infinite and his way with words was endearing. I really enjoyed reading his posts. Another of his gifts was the way his spirit would shine through his words. He seemed a very good soul. Although I never met him personally I can honestly say this place will suffer greatly from the lack of his presence.

Godspeed C9. You will be missed.

Prayers for your peace Mrs. C9 and my sincere condolences.

20. Thank you,Denise for the pictures. I'm sure we have them, but who knows where!! Gay

21. tooslow54

tooslow54

A HAMB legend...RIP.

22. "Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert."

And points beyond!

23. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Our Prayers are with you

24. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

Kingman, Arizona - The place on the way to other places....

Indeed.

Wow what a shock. I'm so sorry to hear this.

We were just in Kingman and I kept talking about "my friend" C9. Especially, when I saw pictures of old aluminum mags being stored in the old power plant before it was restored. My wife finally asked "Have you ever actually met this guy?" I realized I hadn't but felt like I surely must have, he was always cool and helpful and had both good taste in cars and guns (we have the same obscure Ruger 10-22T).

Just yesterday, I was telling my dad we need to go the the Kingman Street
    Drags and I planned to look Jay up and maybe meet at that Mexican place on Andy Devine.

I guess that will have to wait for another trip down the road.

25. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

I really loved his stories, a great staple member of the HAMB family to be deeply missed, definitely irreplaceable.

26. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

Wow, this sucks. I never met him but did read many of his posts, what a cool guy. Godspeed C9

27. I always enjoyed reading Jay's posts & stories, both the technical & the thoughtful/insightful ones. I don't believe that I remember him ever saying anything negative, even when a post/poster was completely off-base....instead Jay would gently "redirect", using some sort of specific example, to prove his point. By his stories, he seemed to be someone who gave a lot of thought as to why we do this hobby/obsession, and was one of the few who are actually able to translate thoughts into words. I know that our loss pales next to yours, but please know that we will miss him here on the H.A.M.B. My condolences to you and your children & family.

28. belair

belair

What a loss. I always enjoyed his stories. Godspeed.

29. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i was thinking something very similar...

30. Rest in peace C9.