Register now to get rid of these ads!

another ugly custom?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by suedesled, Oct 31, 2004.

1. DrJ

DrJ

In reference to "Ugly," when does a car cease to fall within the broad realm of what we call a Kustom, or Custom, or even customized, and become one of those dreaded "Art Cars"?
    Is this monstrosity much different from those cars with the grass growing on them or the rubber doll heads hotglued to their exteriors?

2. lulabelle

lulabelle

He is a good guy!I like his car and his attitude!I have never heard him talk shit about another guys car.These posts make me sick!Now go build something to "impress" us!

3. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

excuse me piratecustom but read the H.A.M.B rules you must post an intro before you can post anything worth looking at on this board so before you half ass defend yourself please do that first

your friendly H.A.M.B member

4. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Nice intro.

Ugly is ugly!!

5. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

take it easy billy, tim is a class guy..i understand HAMB ettiquite(sp), but the guy is defending himself because of this post...i'm sure under other circumstances his "intro" would be different...hey tim, don't sweat it man, keep doing what your doing....bob

6. Post an intro man and you will be welcomed to the HAMB. I wont say anything about your cars because you drive them and dont care what anyone thinks and I can respect that.

7. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

[ QUOTE ]
    your funny!! If or when you see me at a car show someday, tell me to my face what you think.. well I guess that will never happen cuz I dont go to shows at wallmart...

[/ QUOTE ]
    This your first post? Jumpin right in the pigpen, aye? Must like mud.

8. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

I think somebody is pulling yall's chains posing as pirate? [​IMG]

9. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

"beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

And Pirate Kustom "be holding some ugly Customs"

10. I thought beauty was in the eye of the beer-holder?

11. pigpen

pigpen
    from TX USA

Yes, and beauty actually gets more beautiful in the eye of the beer holder. That's how you get coyote arm.

pigpen

I had coyote arm once. Had to use axle grease to save it; kind of slide it out real easy while she was still asleep.

12. Morrisman

Morrisman
    from England

Is this the one???

I love it!!!!!

[​IMG]

13. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

im just messin around bobby i never met him so i cant comment however its not like he going to come on this board again just figured to add a little humor to this tense post

14. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

This post reminded me of an encounter I had the other week:
    I was stumbling home from a party, and I saw this couple walking towards me. From 50 ft away and in my moderately inebriated condition, I could tell that this girl was busted, I'm talking a face only a mother could love. Upon closer inspection, not only was I correct, but I realized that she was pretty fat too. I thought to myself that I could NEVER call that my girlfriend..

But fat, ugly girls need loving too...and so do ugly customs.

Tim isn't trying to build the next Hirohata merc, it's ugliness is it's schtick. And if Tim likes them and his cars make him happy, then good for him.

My only problem with the "Pirate Kustoms" is this. Many different cars were cut up to make that thing. Now if it were assembled out of cars that would have otherwise rusted into the earth, never to be seen again, then good for Tim for saving at least a little bit of it. However, if he's cutiing up whole, restorable cars to create his brand of kustoms...I can't condone it. There's only a certain number of cars left, and they're not gonna make any more. I'm 20 years old, what are my kids gonna have available? 2 doors will be too expensive by then, and they'll be nutting over the 4 door sedan that I pass right over. We have a responsibility to bring back old cars from the dead, whether they become rat rods or show cars.

15. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

its cool billy..tims a friend of mine also and i'm just watching his back...joe, i must admit that you make a real good point, to an extent...however, i'm pretty sure alot of what went into that car was just bits & pieces and a dodge body that most would pass over...if i remember correctly, the frame is a later model 4 door olds, so no loss there..bob

16. Not my cup of tea but Certainly Wicked.. Cool East Coast Custom. Saw it at the hoedown..

17. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

slowandlow63, that's fucking low dude. Bringing a dude's girl into something is just plain cheap, and to bring up her size? What the fuck is wrong with you? If you said something about my girl when it had nothing to do with the subject at hand I'd smash you in the teeth.
    Actually I've talked to Tim a few times, he seems alright, but I did see what happened in Brooklyn, I guess the guy's got big cajones.
    One thing y'all are forgettin' is that this car ain't a whole lot different than anything the Fonz Carlopni chopped up, and he's considered a legend.

It isn't my cup of tea. Like I said before I like my stuff steeped in tradition, that's I'm closed minded.

18. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Sorry slowandlow, that was directed at 57Joe, not you.

19. The_Bronx_Chariots

The_Bronx_Chariots

I like it...it's got character..more then I can say for alot of "customs" I've seen..
    Does anyone know if it had a leopard skin interior in it before the roof was put on, I think I saw it at a couple of shows but it could have been another one.

20. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

Nads, read 57joe's post again...he wasn't talking shit about tim's or anyone else's girl, he was just making a comparison about fat, ugly chicks & ugly cars...basically that they both need someone to love them [​IMG]

bronx chariot, yeah, thats the same car.....

21. chris63

chris63

i thought it was a plomuth

crazy chris from the hellcats

22. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Woops, I stepped in it again.

Sorry.

23. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Nads,
    It's no problem, just a misunderstanding :extending virtual handshake:

24. You're all talking about this guy's car. Ugly or not, you're talking about it. Kind of like that knee high to a grasshopper A everyone so despises [​IMG]

BTW, I'd go easy on Suedesled until you've seen some of the stuff he has cooked up. Talented guy who's in it for the right reasons.

25. PIRATEKUSTOM

PIRATEKUSTOM

Hello and thanx,ive been told that bad talk is better then no talk at all,I also thought that if I could get out of the shop for 10min I could come on here and talk out ideas, I never thought that a car that I built while sitting in a wheel chair to keep from going krazy instead of video games and TV a new welder kept me busy),,,, that, this car would get so much attention.. Ive been contacted by Barris kustoms recieved letters from Terry Cook and my video was shown at the mooneyes show in Japan, its also been in more magazines around the world then I even have kodac pictures of it.. I have been building cars sence high school,im not gonna tell how long ago that was but Harley wasnt kool and the word RAT was a band ha!ha! Ive had more cars in Europe then most have had here in good ol' USA for which I served 5 years for and havnt used my GI bill as you can see by my grammar... take care, and ill post, when I get time some pictures of cars I built for others and you wouldnt guess thay are finished!! im doing a 65 rivi with a 7inch top chop 16 inch. rims an gold shine,now thats what I call ugly.. Im building a new kustom and a hemi powerd rod with no front brakes for next year, and if ya hate them thats kool with me.. gotta get back to the welt-en,

Stray Kool,

Tim from PIRATEKUSTOMz

26. Somebody asked if this was made from good cars, or rusty crap. The guy is from New York. According to the gospel of the internet, no car from New York is worth saving, and they're all rusting into the earth - even the good ones. Certainly I have looked at something like 30,000 cars in junkyards doing just that. So the odds are thats what they had to work with here too.

27. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Lookit the picture of me looking 'tuff' in Tim's car. BTW, I asked Tim's gal's permission to sit inside it.
    Hey Tim, welcome, I'll see you up in NYC.

Attached Files:

28. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

yes welcome tim an friend of bobbys is a friend of mine i just like to bust balls and create humor but set a rumor straight did u cut up a restorable caddy or not??

29. hotrod54chevy

hotrod54chevy
    from Ohio

ok,guys,am i the only one who thinks it's stupid to have this many posts on a car that ISNT EVEN YOURS?i mean,why worry about it?if he likes it,let him drive it.if he wants to build it,let him build it.it's not yours and i'm pretty sure that if everyone were hassled by some resto-rod jerks who want everything in stock form,you wouldnt like it either,so quit fighting like a bunch of women and go look at some cars you like or quit cryin.personally,i like the chop on it..cant say much about the rest,but it's his car,not mine.i'm pretty sure not everyone would love MY car either.sorry for the rant
    creepy

30. 00 MACK

00 MACK

The first time I saw it I ran over and started striping it!

Attached Files: