Register now to get rid of these ads!

Good Guys Scottsdale

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kerry67, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Kerry67

Kerry67

The time is here........See ya there Sat & Sun. Gotta work today..........

2. we are leaving in about 2 hours from the gas stations at marana exit......hot damn on the road again

3. Kerry67

Kerry67

Yeah, rub it in Kent..........Today is going to drag on for me. Plus tonight I gotta get the car all ready. Gotta dust off the primer........

4. hey Kerry....first song when I hit the road is.............Canned Heat,ON THE ROAD AGAIN......heh heh heh

5. Kerry67

Kerry67

First song I'll hear tomorrow on the road is my wife screaming that it is too cold out........

6. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

Hey Kerry - I'm on my way over in about an hour. Looks like mid 70's all weekend. I think I'll hit the swap area today. Hope to meet a bunch of HAMBers there.

7. craftscustoms

craftscustoms

I'll be there saturday morning. My HAMB friendly cars are in too many pieces to make it, so I'll be in my turquoise '67 ford pickup. Hope to meet some of you guys there. John

8. I'm here in swap space 208 promoting the Fall Fest and the Nostalgic Show & Go!
    Stop by and say hey.

Steve

Hosting-
    Pontiac/Buick/Olds FALL FEST Sat Nov 28, 2009 Phoenix
    www.pbofallfest.org
    8th annual Nostalgic Show & Go! April 11, 2010 Phoenix
    www.nostalgicshowandgo.org

9. Glen

Glen

It should be easy to see why this is my favorite....My buick and my Model A following along.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  10. Heres a few shots from today.

Attached Files:

11. damn this is loading slow sittin by the pool in scottsdale

Attached Files:

12. a couple of pics are all that my batteries were good for..

Attached Files:

13. Here are a few shots of cars that I liked.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG];)

14. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

At 10:30 this morning, I saw entry #2310 pass through the entry gate. i suspect that 2500 total cars is in the ball park.

15. Travis

Travis

Wow, I didn't even get to look at half the cars and spent four hours trotting around.:eek:
    Ordered a new set of white walls though.:cool:

It was kinda sad to see so much bad paint jobs and bondo cracks.
    Though there was lots of great craftsmanship there.

Too many goddamn people. I'm glad the event is gunna go on twice a year now.

16. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

Man it was crowded today. Friday was lighter. I am going tomorrow also, and hopefully it will be a little more laid back. I wonder what the total number of registered cars is? I know I saw numbers bigger that 2200.

Here are a few of the pics I took over the past few days. I must be the worlds worst photographer - most of my pics really suck. The sun doesn't help my cause either. The first pic is 4bangertroy's car, I don't know any of the other owners.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. desertdroog

desertdroog

AverageJoe pinstriped my dash at the Industrial Chassis after party.

[​IMG]

Thanks Joe!

18. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

Spent all day Friday up there..nice show..took 100 or so pics. Been working all day on a freinds car..too tired to post pics tonight.

Anyone get a pic of the A roadster in the swap meet on the trailer..$5,500 I think..?

In the picture with the guy in the brown shirt.

The first two in linw are Ryan (teach em)and then Mike's.. excellent cars...Enfo (Shawn) wild Anglia

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  19. Invicta

Invicta

I would rather see sombodys car who uses it, One being built by the working class. Not some rich snob who paid several Thousands to get it done.

20. lanny haas

lanny haas
    from Phoenix AZ

Hey T. W. Dustin. Congrate to you and the Model A today on your award!!!

21. Amen...nice to see a local get an award!!

22. Hell yeah,good Job,Glen Kramer "stitchen" had 3 cars he did get awards..........and since we are talkin about local KERRY saw yer banner but none of the crew......

Attached Files:

23. some more pics

Attached Files:

24. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

----------------------------------------------------
    Amen...nice to see a local get an award!!
    ----------------------------------------------------

Hey Lanny and Choppa Haney, thanks a lot guys. The awards area was really the last place we expected to be today - so many nice deserving cars there this weekend :cool:

Tom

25. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

Here are a few pics that I took today - wow what a laid back day. Not too many people, and easy to get pictures compared w/ Saturday. Kerry I saw your car but you must have been out and about. The Chevy PU is one of the cars that GregAZ had there from All Ways. The others I do not know who the owners are.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. Travis

Travis

There's no substitute for craftsmanship. There's bad bondo jobs on two spots on my car cause some *working class* guy tried doing it himself in his back yard before I bought it and it looks like shit and will now take more work to fix rather than just looking at a dent.

But it's no huge deal, it's fixable and I drive it. But man do it right or wait till you can pay for it to be done. Shit, and painting is not brain surgery. And I was surtainly not rich when I painted my firewall. I took a little time to do it right and it didn't cost me an arm and a nose. It looks just fine. Though white is an easier color to work with.

There was a Nomad at the show where someone masked down behind the door down to the rocker, and just sprayed.
    Masked it half assed, and didn't blend it. You spend 50,000 on a car then bullshit your way thru a paint job? Drive it till you can paint it proper and beat/pull a dent out with a little filler makes sense to me but hey, it's their car. It just sucks for whoever gets it later.

27. Travis

Travis

The red and white Buick was bad ass up close.

28. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

Here are a few more pics that I took today. I know the 4x4 Chevy PU may be a little out of place here on the HAMB but it was a really sweet truck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

Had to miss good guys but not gonna miss it next year.. I see mike d and Jerry's rides from the club. I think Scrap Iron was there on sunday too.. I didnt stay long at el Polackos but had to get to one of the gatherings... Yo kerry hit me up when yall and your crew get out in the area I will roll by...

30. squirrel

squirrel

this guy lives a couple miles away from me....

[​IMG]