Register now to get rid of these ads!

For ALL You FNG's...How'd You Find The HAMB?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krooser, Jan 28, 2009.

1. blojectedj

blojectedj
    from oklahoma

he he he he he

2. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

go get the henry j mocked up....and the heavy chevy put back together, then start on that 406..if you have time....lets go cruising!!!!

3. choke

choke

I found out about the HAMB on NHRA's web site when Phil Burgess downloaded pictures from the Drag Cars In Motion thread. After that I was hooked!!!

4. Iluvnos

Iluvnos

one of my old cars was a classic jeep. I am still part of that site as I have knowledge that I hope to be able to pass along to others in need. I made some great lasting friendships there with some awesome people. When I got my current project a old buddy of mine told me about the HAMB and suggested I join up. So far this site is awesome. The same caliber of great people who I am learning a lot from as I go along. I hope to make lasting friends here as I think I will be around for a good long time here.

5. Home Brew

Home Brew

We had the Chevy Two at the drag strip in St. Louis and a guy came up and told me I just had to take the car to the HAMB drags. I didn't know what he was talking about. I was busy at the time and he walked off before I had time to ask him what they were and where at. I got on the PC and started searching. After looking at the site, I decided this was a great place to hang out. Oh yeah, we made it to the HAMB drags and had one of the best times I've ever had.

6. I had happened on the site a few times but, a friend posted a link on our campin site to the Wade coupe and the incredable work that is being done on it and now I am hooked.

7. jtruelove44

jtruelove44

happened on the website a couple of times couple years ago but never joined then after i went through wyotech i found the site again looking for some info on older cars and parts so i joined.. people say myspace is addicting, they should see what car guys do when they get together!:D on the HAMB a couple times a day, myspace doesn't have shit on the HAMB!

8. hoeymon

hoeymon

Googled "jalopy" ...... google anything anymore and get 10,000 useless sites. For once I found a useful site. Problem is now, spending more time on the HAMB than on the car.......:D

9. nutso

nutso
    from washington

i have been lurking on and off for a few years. i don't have a traditional hot rod, but to me hot rodding is fixing up your car to go faster. i love old school hot rods and old cars in general. i would have a 41 willys gasser if i could afford it...

10. Neglected Legacies

Neglected Legacies
    from Nor Cal

Every time I would Google for something car-related, there would be several jalopyjournals in there.

There is more stuff posted each day than it is possible to read in one day...

11. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

A mate in Tauranga said I NEEDED to be here, so I lurked for a couple of years and then signed on.

He explained the FNG thing & said keep your head down & dont act like a dick, or you will get dealt to by a cast of many

12. .

Heard about it on "The New Zealand Hot Rod Magazine" Forum...

13. Idlzruf

Idlzruf

I found your Jungle Pam thread while surfing on the web for JJ.The more I looked on the forums the more I liked.I love the history and the awesome pictures on here. Seeing as my next car will be a hotrod I could learn alot here.

14. geezer1

geezer1

I was looking for pictures from the Relix Riot at the Gilmore Museum - I got hooked by the great pictures from the drag reunions and the salt flats.
    This site has great contributors!

15. piero

piero

Heard about it in USACARSFORUM in Italy....

16. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

A friend recommended i check the HAMB out so i did.

17. iamq

iamq
    from Ma

Came in thru the GarageJournal.. if you have an old car you need a garage, if you have a garage you probably got an old car...

18. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

hey KROOSER...my son is a h.a.m.b. member, i'am staying because i enjoy talking to people who have love for hotrods and customs. and i love talking to you old farts on the hokey ass board. NUFF SAID! call mr POP...or the old FART!

19. pricejap

pricejap

I went to a estate aution that was full of old hot rod parts this past spring. I started talking to this old hotroder and he told me to this site.

20. Opentracker

Opentracker
    Alliance Vendor

It found me. I saw links from this site to our web site. AND here I am.

21. tatra

tatra
    from the peg

through the garage journal and researching early econolines.........

22. Reading a thread on Camaros.net about a Dana Camaro found in Mexico on the thread here by Sled. Came here to read about that and found a home.

23. blockhead

blockhead
    from Pooler, GA

Read CustomJ's Baileigh's Winter Project Contest build thread. It was posted on Jockey Journal. Searched for pics of '57 F100's and had to sign up.

24. dentisaurus

dentisaurus
    from Boston

This site is great , I stumbled across it through a search that turned up Jalopy Journal . I've been a member for a while but rarely post anything, my work is not really up to the standard of some of the guys who post here.

25. Fro

Fro
    from Joplin Mo.

I have always been interested in period correct bikes and cars, and was the only person I knew that was, I had never heard of the hamb board but was very involved with the action at Mokan dragway, ( I live in Joplin) I heard about the drags at the track the night before at fun drags racing my maverick, I think that was 05 and my 68 triumph fit right in, now I'm on the hamb alot I dont post allot but im on here daily, there is no better place for info and inspiration, Thanks guy's

26. hubcap

hubcap
    from phx

SamIam told me to stay away.....so I joined. He almost scared me off with an offer to ride in the Roach rod though.

27. toms37gmc

toms37gmc

My brother told me about it

28. 8Flatliner6

8Flatliner6

I looked up bitchin' on google:p

29. russnunn

russnunn
    from Florida

Googled the only thing more awesome than Chuck Norris and the H.A.M.B. Showed up.
    Plan on staying.
    Not exactly sure if my car fits here some things I am doing to it maybe considered ratrod while others are custom not exactly sure some of the differences sometimes. I have found alot of good info here that has really helped out on my build so far and have met some really cool and helpful people. Unfortunately I have still not figured out how post pics. I will figure it out sooner or later I guess.

30. Crackett

Crackett

I think I was browsing the net and decided to join up after ages visiting every day for the last so many months.

My new favourite site :D