Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does your kids like old cars as much as you do? , show 'em

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ratroddude, Nov 14, 2009.

1. KCCOS,

The picture of your son on the toilet reading the Speedway catalog would be great for the upcoming HAMB calander. I suggest you send it directly to Ryan.

2. Tdreamer

Tdreamer

my son sanding the paint off the hood on my 46 last spring(age4), I think hes ruined
    and here he is at age 5

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  3. srfd132

srfd132

4. chris shu

chris shu
    from Atlanta Ga

great thread

Attached Files:

5. That's becuase he knows you're not keeping the Merc for him,hahaha!

6. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Time to roll...

Attached Files:

7. One loves old cars...one doesn't know what he likes!!!!

Stumpy(Dillon)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

My oldest boy, 18 now, still doesn't care about cars, still doesn't even have a license to drive.

My 10 year old boy loves cars, always has. He's my little gearhead.

My 8 year old daughter is ok with them, likes going for rides in cool cars, but usually asks just after her brother, 10 year old, for a ride in a 2 seater.

I can't hardly get my 3 year old girl out of a car. She loves to "drive" any chance she gets.

I have my last one on the way, don't know boy/girl, will find out at birth. I'll do my best to corrupt him/her.

Devin

9. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

Yep. Here's my 16-year old son spraying our truck. He's got the knack for this stuff.

[​IMG]

My 13-year old girl in the roadster. Says it's going to be hers some day. OK by me!

[​IMG]

10. Hell, both my kids could care less about my cars or any car - as long as they have gas in then, they are good to go. Now my 3 year old grandson may just be in to them - time will tell.

11. guy1unico

guy1unico

Saying "I want to be in here ASAP".

Attached Files:

12. George G

George G

Hell Yeah!

Attached Files:

13. My son is 16 he is an old school rock, fuel altered lovin hot rod wantin kid. After X mas its gonna be time to hunt down him a project.
    Sorry I dont know where my pics are on the 3 puters here.
    I think right now his prize posetion is his, so cal speed shop jacket

14. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

grandgals>my son shares his hobby
    grandboys still into cartoons.......one boy will get my 48chevp/u other boy his uncles old dodge truck...........

Attached Files:

15. csclassics

csclassics

My son's been been going to car shows with me since he was 1 month old. He's 5 now and he recently went to the Vargo show with me here in Pa. Here he is at a drive-in diner in NJ a couple years ago.
    [​IMG]

And my daughter behind the wheel of my 63 this summer.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  16. My 19 year old son has a 1930 Model A, and my 24 year old son has a 1951 Ford 2dr sedan. They both love old cars as much as I do.

17. nefareous

nefareous
    from maryland

He`ll be ready to ride soon...

Attached Files:

18. nefareous

nefareous
    from maryland

Mom says "No you can`t have it !..Come on, we gotta go"

Attached Files:

19. SRVLIVES

SRVLIVES

Mate of mine was going to drop around in his T Bucket to take my young bloke for a spin on his 8th birthday this year, weather put paid to thoise plans, so he showed up in this,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    With his younger brothers,
    [​IMG]

20. My boy at 11 in the old shop, I don't think he realizes what a piggy bank this one will be.

Attached Files:

21. Idlzruf

Idlzruf

Envy you guys unfortunatly cant have kids. I did take a 17 yr old coworker under my wing and help him find his dream rod 52 chevy.[​IMG]
    I kinda stand back and let him figure it out. Built a nice 383 stroker for it. However this car is on the backburner. He found a Firebird in a lot on stands and he put it together in a month. He has a natural talent for cars.

My nephew just turned 13 so this thanksgiving Im taking him out and teaching him to drive. he was into cars till he got xbox thats all he does and watches the fast and the furious. Any ideas on how to break this curse???

22. 3rd Gen Hot Rodder

3rd Gen Hot Rodder
    from Indiana

My late Grandfather Bill with my late Father Larry (who would have been 12 at the time). Photo was taken in 1957 by our local newspaper for a article about my Grandfathers success in the 1955 and 1956 World Series of Drag Racing. More info on the dragster at my link below.
    [​IMG]

Don't have any photos handy of me as a child with the cars, and no kids of my own, but here is one with me and my Nephew in the dragster at local car show. Hopefully, he will be 4th Gen Hot Rodder on the Hamb in about 15 years or so...
    [​IMG]

23. Velocette

Velocette
    from Finland

At least They love to ride with mom...

Attached Files:

24. My kid always has liked them!

Here he is taking me for a drive.

[​IMG]

Here's the "auction" he set up while I was spending every waking moment watching the Barrett-Jackson stuff on TV.

[​IMG]

That's right ... CHEVY!
    [​IMG]

And here he is washing on my old truck.
    [​IMG]

25. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

hey RAT...doe's my son like hotrods as much as i do? hell man nobody on this planet loves hotrods as much i do! but he is probably no.2 but i could be wrong, well because i haven't met everybody! HA! call me POP...or the old FART!

26. irondoctor

irondoctor
    from Newton, KS

My boy Max.
    picture is about a year old but he still love to work in the shop.

Attached Files:

• MAX.jpg
      MAX.jpg
      File size:
      59.3 KB
      Views:
  27. brandon

brandon

yeah , he's got it....worse than i did at his age..:rolleyes::D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

28. rschilp

rschilp

Mine not only like the look of a hot rod, they like to work on it to..
    Sam 8, just like to spend time with dad.
    Grace, my 7yo, loves to work on the cars and she likes to weld and is actually getting pretty good at it.

Attached Files:

29. wombat barf

wombat barf
    from oklahoma

My daughter treasures her '61 Plymouth we bought in Bridgeport, Oklahoma about three years ago. It hit 100k back in February. It's a slant six with pushbutton auto. It sat in a barn from 1979 until 2006 when the previous owners bought it at auction. we converted it from direct drive starter to gear reduction type (had to swap out flex plate) and traded Pertronix for points but other than that it's all stock.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

she just turned 21 and is an Army National Guard mechanic who does ~most~ of her own work but Dad (happily) helps. Yeah, I agree - sawblades gotta go but she doesn't know what she wants. Also, if anyone in Oklahoma, Texas or Kansas knows where one of these (or a 1960) is hiding in a salvage please give me a heads up ~ THANKS!!!!

30. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

Well....see'uns as how I don't have any kids since I'm about to turn 15, lol. But I do love cars.