Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Any old time slips out there?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cheater Slick, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Cheater Slick

Cheater Slick

Here's an old time slip of the 1976 Winternationals. The car was my grandpa's 1964 Plymouth Savoy "Mr. Wood" running in the Super Stock class. Cool, huh? I think so. Too bad he lost that round. Nostalgic stuff is neat.

Attached Files:

2. synthsis

synthsis

ouch, it's a loss slip. haha.

3. squirrel

squirrel

i made sure to pick a win. I started racing in 79 so I don't have any "old" ones.

Attached Files:

4. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

The other day I was cleaning out my truck and found an old time slip... I thought it was a receipt for gas.

Those older slips actually looked cool!

5. Cheater Slick

Cheater Slick

I have a win slip, but the ink is smeard. These were in his top drawer of his dresser when he died.

6. Ghost28

Ghost28

Here are a few from around the denver area late 60s to early 70s. These were all drawn on my older brothers 60 fuelly corvette. All stock except 411 gears, it wasn't real fast but it was real fun. I still have the car in my possesion. He bought it in the late 60s for $700.00 at an auction...John

Attached Files:

7. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

These were found in the glovebox of a 56 Pontiac drag car I purchased.
    I was told they are from the early to mid sixties at the dragway now known as the Mid-American Dragway in Arkansas City, Kansas. The car is now owned by "old injun" here on the HAMB.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Ghost28

Ghost28

Nice pontiac.

9. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Man, so far the time slips look really damn official compared to the ones my dad has from his days!!! These slips are from 1969-1971. The ones that have no name, my dad thinks were ones he got when just runnin time trials at M37 Dragway in Brohman Michigan. There is one slip in this scan that is from Manistee County Dragway 7/5/71, the track is now called Northern Michigan Dragway I believe. M37 Dragway is closed. I am going to try and get my dad to dig out more slips. He had these in the top drawer of his dresser!! The one in the top row on the right has the rust stain on it from the paper clip that has been holding them together since 1971!!
    The others are "in some old cigar or shoe box out in one of the sheds" as he put it! He knows I am trying to locate his old drag car, and I have also asked him if I could buy or have all of his trophies....they are just thrown in boxes out in one of his sheds!!! He didn't want to throw them out when he moved20+ years ago...but yet still doesn't see any reason to dig them damn things out...they are fine where they are!!! Man, they say kids can be a pain in the ass!? I'll post more slips if i can get them from him. Cool idea having old time slips posted, they are cool. I wonder, is there an old trophy picture thread? Maybe we could start one if not...then I can use that as an excuse to dig my dads out!!!!

Attached Files: