Register now to get rid of these ads!

TX stash - projects mainly

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by original patina, May 30, 2009.

1. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Man! I gotta get out there. I saw about a hundred different things I want. By the way, is this and Anglia? If so, I know a guy that really wants that front clip!

[​IMG]

2. DrewDay

DrewDay
    from Austin, Tx

3. I can see where the guy comes from. When he bought the cars he probably paid cash. He bought them because he liked them. He still likes them! If you cant afford to pay what he feels that is a fair price . then apparently you just dont like them as much as he still does. That is why i have so many. I apparently like them more than anyone is willing to pay me for them. But im slowing down my collection only increased by11 this year. Almost all of them are for sale to the right buyer. OldWolf

4. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

What this guy said. ^ I love Mopars, but can never find them.

5. -Brent-

-Brent-

Man, there's something for everyone. That guy could put a good chunk of $$$ into retirement selling the Chargers. People get silly over those.

6. Mattimus

Mattimus

This car is on Craigslist:
    http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/1188774041.html

7. dodgedave68

dodgedave68
    from dallas

Has this guy changed his mind on these? I was supposed go look at the barracuda and maybe a charger?

8. donnymopar

donnymopar
    from MI

Wow...might have to make a trip to Texas...can never have to many mopars (have 5 now)...

9. Bama Jama

Bama Jama

My first car was a '57 Anglia. I think '58 went to this grille.It was slow and hot as hell in the Alabama summer. I still wish I had it though. Bill

10. rwoody1

rwoody1

were is this pricing this guy is using ?

i know FNG question..flame away!

11. BELLM

BELLM

I sold Don the Korean war era Dodge Powerwagon ambulance pictured several pages back, about a year ago, along with a rebuilt Desoto flathead 6 I had laying around. Was introduced thru a mutual friend, he came to my place to pick it up, very nice guy. Spent a couple of very enjoyable hours visiting that day, found out he used to work @ the phone company with a relative. He invited me to stop by but I just haven't found the time. He definitely does not have to sell these cars to fund his retirement!! Very interesting to talk to, but also very busy.

12. I wondered just how long it would take before someone would start the sit and rot bullcrap.:rolleyes: Him having them and storing them is not sitting and rotting. they are sitting and wating. It is worse when someone who cant afford a project get one tears it all apart loses interest then scatters all the parts and lets the rain get in the engine. It is no skin off anyones ass that he has collected them and dont want to give them away for a pittance. You dont know for shure what will happen when he is gone. Most likely a huge successful auction Bringing more dollars than he is currently asking. OLdWolf

13. ShowSS12

ShowSS12

wow I have never seen something so wonderful.. Dose he have any 2 doors 53-54 Chevy cars? To me they all look 4 door.

14. rwoody1

rwoody1

i sure would like to have that hudson truck

what is that 1 wortH???????

glad that man has not scrapped like all the yards i used to go to.

15. pcterm2

pcterm2

sure would like to by one of those mopars myself

16. MistGreen50

MistGreen50
    from Belen,NM

Original Patinawhat are youe chances of getting me the grill guard above?

17. HotRod03LE

HotRod03LE

I personally know this owner as well. He will "horse trade" with you as well if you have something he is interested in. Everything that has been said about him is true. Respect his privacy and he'll respect you in turn. I've walked through his collection and it is amazing. I saw the 55 and 56 Chrysler New Yorkers in amongst all the pics. Those were mine that I traded off on a running, driving 64 Galaxie. Good luck to all that come away with something, but don't bash him for it if you don't. Just my .02 cents.

HotRod
    Kingsland, Texas

18. 72Gremlin

72Gremlin
    from Illinois

WOW!!
    Thanks for posting them! And tell the owner THANKYOU for saving/preserving these awesome old cars/trucks!!!!! I'd love to have that Stude wagon. Is it still available???

19. 72Gremlin

72Gremlin
    from Illinois

Actually..i'd also LOVE that white Grand Turismo Hawk!!! along with the stude wagon....WEEEEE. Are either still available???