Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mooneyes 1965 year cut off... C'MON, REALLY?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J CRUZ, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnnykck

johnnykck

If it was my show the cut off would be 1960 simply because I don't seem to like the look of any car that was built after that.

2. FlamedChevy

FlamedChevy

Really....1960 would be a good cut off date. But It's not my show..If you don't like the cut off start your own show. I would rather cruise than show anyway.

3. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

I've been to many a mooneye show and have never seen rows of pro-street camaros and billetized 57's. I think they know its not there place just like you wouldt take a mustang to a chevy show? I think if you car doesnt meet their cut off but it will fit in you can get through. I've never seen any show run a VIN# to check the year

4. Daddyfink

Daddyfink

Dude, start your own show and set your rules, otherwise, you are welcome to stay home and polish your Mustang II!

5. nutajunka

nutajunka

The newer they got the more plastic was put on them. I hate plastic, why? Don't quite know, just do.

6. pinman 39

pinman 39

I think it is more a "State of Mind " than "Place in Time".

7. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Since my '66 Olds Toronado was introduced in September of 1965, can I show it? You guys need to get a life.

8. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

In the 60's, the two clubs that I was with, the "Early Times" and "Vintage Tin" had cutoffs at 1936....they were hot rod clubs and therefore didn't include customs...but it was what it was and both clubs were highly respected.
    Don't be unhappy, there are enough shows for everyone.

9. J CRUZ

J CRUZ

I didn't need you to give me his number.

How about 1(800) WISH I WAS WITTY!

10. 31modelo

31modelo

J CRUZ:
    I just hope someone puts together a show that'll include late sixties early seventies stuff without all the crap we hate.

Uh that is the crap we hate.

11. J CRUZ

J CRUZ

OUCH!

But funny!:D

Either your tastes will change or your going to be very disappointed over the next 5 or so years. The inspiration from those years is coming whether you want it to or not. Everyones tastes are different, even on a message board with like minded people.

12. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

if the cut off date for using parts from a pre 65 were added..who would be able to go then? I say this jokingly of course

13. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

becausethats a whole nother scene

14. 31modelo

31modelo

The inspiration is coming if you swallow what the NSRA and all those cute little car mags feed you. I am already disappointed were on a site about hot rods and whining about where your going to park your car.

15. 66-Frankenfish

66-Frankenfish

Here in K.C., The Los Punk Rods put on the cowtown kustom 'Greaserama'. They have a cutoff of 65' but will still allow newer cars as long as they are an old school hotrod, custom or lowrider. I think these types of shows need a cutoff date, but still make exceptions with in reason. I think that a guy with a 66' or 67' should be able to get in if the car has the right style. There are alot of cars out there that have pretty much the same body over several years. My 66' Barracuda has the same body as the 64' but with a different front end. I just think there are exceptions to every rule.

16. J CRUZ

J CRUZ

You guy's are so right, I don't get it at all. I'm thinking of moving to Florida so I can be up on all the innovative hot rod culture. I mean "Kulture".

[​IMG]

17. TERPU

TERPU

It's just a cruel conspiracy to keep out the Camaro. How dare they. Just kidding I think it should be earlier too.

Tim

18. J CRUZ

J CRUZ

19. I had a hard day at work today, but this picture makes me smile. :D

20. Isn't that Sandy,of the Choppers? hahahaha!

21. The37Kid

The37Kid

Every show gets to set their rules & Cut Off Dates. Personally I think 1965 is a GREAT cutoff of all automotive events, just the stuff I like.

22. Cool Van....but it doesn't belong at Mooneyes!

This got in last year. Don't know how,but it pulled in right next to me. Didn't belong there either!!!
    [​IMG]

23. Choptop

Choptop

HEY!!!! :eek::D:D These guys are friends. They won an award at the 2009 Concours d'LeMons and are genuine car guys.

just so you know.. their car is NOT a pinto.... its a Mercury Bobcat.

They had the Mercury interior fabric brochures and swatch books that matched their car... which was friggin PRISTINE. They drove it from Palm Springs up to Monterey just for the show.

Great guys.

24. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

65 sounds like a great cutoff to me.

25. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

Do they sell parts for cars past 1964. So if they do there selling you the parts.But your car not good a nuff for there show:) But then again i dont go to car shows.I drive my coupe anywhere and everywhere.Been done about a month and over 900 miles on it:p

26. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

Their show, their call. When you throw you're own car show, you can choose what year to cut it off at.

Edit: I definitely dig on autos that aren't HAMB-related, but rules are rules.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  27. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

I appreciate SOME muscle cars and the whole Van thing i understand is cool , and the whole hippie mustache thing going on, but it's a Hot Rod and Customs show!! It's that simple!! I use to own a bitchin' 65' galaxie and i didn't take it to the pre 62' shows. It is what it is i guess!!! I know it's a bummer but there's a million SoCal shows where muscle cars are more than welcome. Please let us have this one!! PLEASE!!

28. buzz bomb

buzz bomb

I second that. HELLLLLL NOOOOOOOO!

Buzz

29. J CRUZ

J CRUZ

I appreciate your comment. No crap talking.

Some (NOT ALL) but some of the comments on here are way too similar to the kinds of things we used to hear in the 1990's when we tried to bring our primed cars into a show that didn't allow them because weren't pretty enough.

Ironic.

It's funny to me that the Mooneyes van as well as the Kennedy Bros. car hits a nerve with you guy's. You guy's see these cars as a step CLOSER to what we dislike and have rebeled against for years where as the Dice guys, Kennedy Bros., Zombie, etc. see them as a step FARTHER from the lame boring stuff usually seen at car shows. The only guy's that hate the 60's -70's stuff more than you guy's are the car guy's you all are making fun of.

30. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Cool!!! Im definitely not a shit starter!!:) I just wanted to let you know how I feel. One thing though, I PERSONALLY never make fun of other people's cars unless it is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous!!! Thank god we don't all like the same cars!! How boring would that be?? I just know what i like and mooneyes xmas show happens to invite the cars i like, and im stoked!!!! If there's a muscle car only show ,im not gonna wait in line hoping to get in with my custom. It's not my scene!! I might go and check it out though and leave the car at home!! My 2 cents!!! The 70's Van thing... let them have fun!!! It's different and very creative IMO!!!! That's why the vans are welcomed in some of these shows!!

Im not the best writer, sometimes i can express myself easily!!:mad::)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.