Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1959-60 Ford F100 Pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BEAR, Jun 17, 2008.

1. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Matty, Welcome to the HAMB.

Later,Bill

2. thishero

thishero

CJ, Is this your original paint you were looking for?

3. thishero

thishero

Welcome Mattybear! You'll find these forums very useful and the people very helpful. Nice truck too, the body looks to be pretty clean.

4. 100% Matt

100% Matt

5. I'm looking for a 57-60 F100, nothing too nice ofcourse ;) My fiance loves them and I'd like to find her one to get going for next summer. If anyone knows of or has one for sale, please let me know.

Thanks.

6. mattybear

mattybear

Thanks the bed is completely rust free and no filler, the cab has already had the floor replaced(using a section of steel cut from an old pickup bed)
    I cant wait to get the electrical and steering issues solved but I have already woke up the neighbors with it when it had open headers. :p

here is pic of interior

Attached Files:

7. chevsen

chevsen

My new project, a short/wide '60 big window.....rust-free cab floors, corners and steps. Still have to pick it up, it's about 300 miles away. Will run a 500 Caddy and T56.

-Mark

Attached Files:

8. cjmac

cjmac

that looks like a nice find !!!!

9. Way cool...are you keeping the I-beam, or?

Reason I ask, is you're not in for a fun experience if you're using a Mustang II with the Caddy...ask me how I know :eek:...I wish I had clipped mine in hindsight.

BIGREDTODD

10. chevsen

chevsen

cj--thanks!

BRT--Probably keeping the I beam for starters until the drivetrain is sorted out. If and when I go IFS, will probably use a Jag XJ6 donor--I happen to have one laying around and it looks like an easy fit with about a 4" or so drop. I know there are lots of 57-60's running an MII front, but I can't see how the stock MII components would work well with the F100's track width unless one ran a custom width rack to place the tie rod pivots in the same plane as the control arm pivot points to avoid bumpsteer. Tell me about your experience with the MII?

-Mark

11. If you buy an aftermarket crossmember (like I did) it comes with a 3" wider (if I recall) and rack extensions that make the geometery work correctly. I also used aftermarket tubular arms. It's taken me 4 sets of coil springs to get it where I like the ride and it sits just right. The 500 isn't that heavy, just a function of a lot of different donor items. I started with V6 Mustang II springs, then to V8 springs with dropped spindles, then mid 80's Mustang 5.0 springs. I just installed a set of springs from a '95 Cobra that I hope will firm up the ride (along with a sway bar in the future). I will still very likely need to cut a coil to get back to correct suspension geometry (level lower A-arms). At this point, or 1" below is where it seems happy. With this set-up and 235/75-15 front tires my rocker is about 7" from the ground.

The big problem with the combo is oil pan clearance. The 472/500 is a long engine. Even when you use the Eldorado (rear sump) pan, you have to notch and reinforce the crossmember for clearance unless you set the engine back and cut the firewall. I elected to notch the crossmember and the oil pan, just enough that I could install the engine/trans together, and not cut the floor or firewall. I also wanted the engine sitting fairly low to keep the center of gravity down, and to prevent floor cutting. I fabbed my own engine mounts to the frame, and it works fine.

In front, there wasn't enough room for a belt driven fan, so I run twin Zirgo 10" pushers. Together they push a little over 3000 c.f.m. which works fine. I am looking forward to swapping out for a U.S. Radiator "Desert Cooler" radiator to make the whole thing bullet proof.

12. chevsen

chevsen

Interesting info regarding the Cad motor, which I haven't mocked up yet. Guess that probably rules out the Jaguar front end--it's a rear steer rack. I'll PM you with some questions rather than run this thread more OT.

-Mark

13. ramrod36

ramrod36
    from Upstate NY

chevsen---I am running a Fatman Fabrications MII on my 59. This application has a 60 1/2 " hub to hub measurement compared to the normal kit at 56 1/2". Fatman has the rack extensions and they are part of the wider kits. His complete kits come with tubular a-arms. I have had mine on the road for five years now and am very pleased with it. No help on the Caddy as I am running a Y-Block but that did require a lot of oil pan modifications.

Attached Files:

14. Tumblindyce

Tumblindyce
    from Las Vegas

Here is mine...1960/58 mix...[​IMG]

15. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

Nice color scheme you have there.

16. Barry59

Barry59

Joined to post this pic of my '59. This is how it has looked since I bought it a couple of years ago. I'm hoping to start a mild restomod in a few months.

Attached Files:

• 59.jpg
      59.jpg
      File size:
      174.6 KB
      Views:
  17. cjmac

cjmac

Hey Matt, Yeah this white one is going to be my driver. Had one paint over, but pretty fair, interior cleaned up well. Now working on lowering and getting
    the yblock rolling. Local CA. car. Thanks for asking.

Attached Files:

18. Brooksy_1959

Brooksy_1959
    from Tucson, Az

Wanted to bring this topic back to the front, hate that it has fallen so far back. Lets keep it going!

19. King Karl

King Karl
    from N.C.

CJ, are all those trucks in the background yours?
    Now I know where they all got to.

20. truckdude1

truckdude1

This is my totally stock (for now) '60. I'm going to enjoy it as is for a while, then maybe drop it in the weeds and add a Y-block.

Attached Files:

21. cjmac

cjmac

Yep. Got the bug and I can't shake it. Been fun.

22. JamesDean

JamesDean
    from West Texas

Heres a few of min nothing special built in two months Im looking for a disc brake conversion that I can still run these wheels and tires on can anyone help

Attached Files:

23. JamesDean

JamesDean
    from West Texas

Well I found my brakes which is very cool.

24. I dig the tail lights man.

25. Did you text this while driving?

26. Turmoil

Turmoil
    from CA / FI

27. Rellim51

Rellim51
    from West TN

My project.

[​IMG]

crazydays likes this.
  28. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Thats not a project! Thats a driver!

Later, Bill

crazydays likes this.
  29. Rellim51

Rellim51
    from West TN

It's getting there. I've still got to paint the inside of the cab and wire it but it's getting close.

30. ChromePlaterJosh

ChromePlaterJosh

Here is the shop truck. 400 V8 C6 AT. The front parts are getting plating/replating right now. It's got shag carpet too.

I weighed the front bumper, and it's just a little short of 50 lbs! It's almost 1/4" thick. :eek: These old trucks are built heavy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files: