Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Bizarro T-Bird Bubbletop!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 214Gearjammer, Nov 19, 2009.

1. 214Gearjammer

214Gearjammer
    from Dallas, TX

Our shop is the unofficial drop-off spot for the Leake Auction/Show at Market Hall in Dallas every year since we are so close to it. I laughed at this thing when it showed up but the little joker has grown on me. No one knows anything about it but is it kinda kool????

Attached Files:

2. yamadafacka

yamadafacka

was on here a long time ago... still not sure if i like it or not

3. yea i think i seen it before too. looks space age for sure.

4. 61TBird

61TBird

5. LAROKE

LAROKE

A little lower would help . . . Not shure about those Caddy style strakes yet.

6. froghawk

froghawk

Interesting counterpoint to Ryan's blogpost yesterday about "The Egoless Car."

7. Kerry67

Kerry67

It would be cool if it came flying by me on the road, but other than that I would not really pay attention to it.

8. 58 Yeoman

58 Yeoman
    from Lacon, IL

My question is: How do you drive them in the sunshine and not get sunburned/skin cancer? I got a new lift truck at work this early fall, with a cab and doors, and more glass on the roof. I had to put on a roll-up shade to keep the sun off me.

9. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

I've seen it and I like it. It does sit lower when shown.

Kinda Jetsons'ish or maybe a bit Weesner like.

10. zombie

zombie

there was a full feature on it in hotrod deluxe i believe. i think it is a great concept, and i like it for the most part. it does need to be way lower, but the one thing i think screws up the design is the front fender opening. i see what they were going for, but i think they missed it there. the gauge cluster is kinda gay, and im not sure about the lower rocker panels. they look like they were rushed in the design. however, over all i like it.

zombie

11. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

I'd yank some of the tacky crap off that thing, fix the front wheel opening, slam it and call it done.

Cool car. Kinda.

12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

It was at the grand national roadster show last year. Painted with a chrome or aluminum paint I think and it's pretty awesome.

13. deathcar77

deathcar77
    from Scotia, ny

Interesting point...I have a friend who owns a replica '66 Batmobile....he now has burn marks in the rear deck. While it sat in the sun, I guess the curved glass combined with the sunlight created some kind of 'magnifying glass' effect.

-Matt

14. 214Gearjammer

214Gearjammer
    from Dallas, TX

Thanks for the link, 61 T-Bird. Nowaxn5-love the maple leaves in your avatar! Zombie-if you like it...then I'm in!
    I think what finally won me over on the car is that despite how radical it looks at first glance--it is still easy to tell what the original car is and what they used to change it.
    Anyone in the Dallas area that wants a closer look--it will be at Market Hall this weekend with some other wild stuff--like I said originally--I have nothing to do with the car--they have just been storing it at our shop all week.
    It's kinda sad that a kool car like this is just bouncing around the auction circuit now but...Oh well!

15. 214Gearjammer

214Gearjammer
    from Dallas, TX

16. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I think its cool, except I'd change that rocker trim mess.
    It can leak oil on my driveway anytime!

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I've seen it in person a couple of times. I like it. It's a shame the orinigal owner doesn't keep it and drive the wheels off it. I hope whoever buys it does. Would be neat to see it blasting down the highway.

18. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

Your shop Looks familiar. Is it off of Lemmon near Love Field?

19. Big Khaunaa

Big Khaunaa

20. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

I read about it last month in Rod and Custom, I think. From what I recall, this car was built by a husband/wife team, but the wife died unexpectedly during the build. Not surprised at all that it's up for sale. It probably brings sad memories for the husband. :( Cool car though.

21. bukibkr

bukibkr

Looks like a car someone might have submitted for the 60's Batman TV show ,but didn't make the cut

22. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

It has to have an adjustable suspension of some sort because it is much lower in this pic above than in the first ones posted. The only thing I think looks off on this is the exhaust ports and the rocker trim. It is hard to tell without seeing it in person I am sure but the exhaust port are just to square for the car every thing else on the car seems to flow and is very streamline and then you have four square exhaust ports that don't reall seem to flow with this concept..............imho

23. It's very cool, but deserves cooler wheel treatments.

24. A.P. Photography

A.P. Photography

It is a little out there but I think that is what grows on you. It doesn't look like your typical build.

25. "Whitey Ford" 62 Uni

"Whitey Ford" 62 Uni
    from Tampa, FL

i like it....maybe change the tires only cause it looks plane but maybe some chrome reverse and it would look pretty damn cool....i still like it though. Looks like a rocket a little.

26. Harry Bergeron

Harry Bergeron
    from SoCal

Harry like!
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">The wheel covers could be improved with some holes in them.