Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why do T-buckets get no respect?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xlr8, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I'm riding shotgun in that car!!!:D:D

2. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Franco
    You need to quit holding back. Tell us what you really think about Ts with independent front suspension.
    Gary

3. Ichoptop

Ichoptop

to each thier own. I can appreciate the work that goes into most any "built" car. Some may not be my choice of styling but there is still a level of craftsmenship that went into it that can be appreciated.

and like everyones mom said: "If you don't have anything nice to say, dont say anything."

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I did a little research last night, and I believe my new vintage glass body to be from Almquist. Since they were mainly a parts retailer, they probably bought these from a supplier somewhere. I'll keep digging until I have a clue. This thing looks like it was quite something back in the late sxties or early seventies. Metalflake blue with a sliver 'flake endless line stripe down the side. It's not quite as wild as the stuff seen as the seventies wore on, so it makes me think late sixties. Oh, blue plexieglass windsheild too! If it was in better shape, I would try to save the paint, but I don't think that will happen. In my opinion, glass verses steel on buckets is the ultimate moot point. So much of the history of these cars is spent alongside the development of the fiberglass body, hell, were are talking almost fifty years here. So when do we just sit back and say "vintage glass" ? I figure my body to be from around 1964 or so. Hell, MY BODY (ME!) is from March of 1965!!!

5. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Way too much drama...too bad..its started out good.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.