Register now to get rid of these ads!

The whole damn HAMB family.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by finkd, Nov 19, 2009.

1. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

I have been needing to set down and put this in words for awhile now, I have got to tell you what a kool place this is. Most peole don't understand what its all about. more then just cars and tech, it is an extended family of sorts, name one other , place or thing , org. that has turned into what this is. We have shipping, parts, labor, friendship,eyes, ears, and buying power. I must thank Ryan and marcie for what all they have done!!! (clap , clap, prom queen wave!!!!) After I joined the hamb alliance , I bought as much as I could from venders on my caddy build. saved a bunch. Now I have meet some great people, stayed with a few when on the road, which is great! and have had several stay at my place. My wife kinda freaks, but honey I met 'em on the HAMB. never seen them before , but hey. right IAN , JK,damit dave, and jason from flyrite, brad masterson, and mike. just name a few. Now I have Gabes 55 from cali. in here for some work, this guy trailers it from minn. after flying from cali. just to have Me? do some work, I was floored and honored! he could have found any other shop but he chose a hamb guy. And thank you sir! then comes Ian's ( crazy small threat Ian)chevy ,that guy ! what can I say, I make some stupid comment and he loads it up and brings it from cali, and then we meet tom. so it get interior while here! what a deal. And he leard it is alot cheaper to get it done here rather then in cali. I also have anouther 2 cars planned that are hamb memebers. this place rocks!! just want ed to say thanks everyone, and have you stopped and thought about all this ? it is all because of some college kid in ok. that was brain storming ! way to go ryan< and thank you SIR !!! JEFF

2. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I have to agree

3. Couldn't agree more...have gained a wealth of knowledge and an even greater wealth of good and I men GOOD friends...getting ready to relocate to the East Coast and have received a ton of invites for dinner, overnights, etc. for our trip back there...a lot of good people out there...Thanks Ryan!

4. Doug Kennedy

Doug Kennedy

I have only been here for a few days. I think I have found a new fav.site. I agree 100% with finkd. Thanks to all the posters here!!!

5. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

nice going finkd...you just got the alliance fee up'd to $100...:D

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. 60HT

60HT
    from So. OK

Only problem I have with this site is I spend too much time on it. Have to look at it every day. HAVE to. Sometimes several times a day. Thanks to every body who posts here.

7. :)That was pretty sweet;) But......there are some skeletons in the closet....you will soon find them:eek:

8. yblock292

yblock292

Jeff, could not have said it better,

9. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Jeff, I couldn't agree more!

And the fact that you agreed to do my car/cars thrills me!

I've met/talked with a lot of great folks her, and learned a lot!

I also managed to get a HAMBer to do the machine work on my block, designed some flatcad slid lifters with a fellow HAMBer, and was able to get a one-off flatcad blower intake made by a fellow HAMBer.

What an awesome place!

10. Ruiner

Ruiner

If we're gonna be family, then you should know this...I hate you...hahaha, yet you'll probably still be getting my '40 Plymouth at some point in the next decade for paint, if Paso John doesn't end up doing it...

11. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Amen to that!

12. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

finkd, TRUE. 100% NUTS. The history for me is tops. I save tons of threads to re-read and learn. I have met over 25 HAMBers from my neck of the woods and they are all TOP shelf.

13. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

:pI agree This is a cool forum, alot of great people
    young and ''old that are young''. Ol Deuce

14. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

Well maybe not skeletons, but every family has those crazy uncles! The one who go off when you mention World War II or past presidents. Here the crazy uncles come out when you say R*trod! But it is all good. Most of those crazy uncles, when asked will give you the shirt off their back unless you are asking about......

15. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Good post Finkd.

Alot of people will bitch when they don't like something. But will rarely give commendations when it's exceptional. (Remember this the next time you have good service somewhere, tell the manager!)

The hamb has and always will rule.

Everyone take note. This place rules because of what it's members contribute. So the next time you're spoolin up to go do a project, take a sec and grab your camera and share.

16. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

Very well said, and I agree!
    racinman

17. slepe67

slepe67

I also agree, and will pass thanks to Ryan for the site. I must admit, for a while there, I think I had a bit of a problem. I was addicted to this site. I was on here 3 times a day, and then I set back and thought about how my 3 hours a day on the HAMB wasn't getting anything done on my car...so I shut off the laptop and got to work. My deuce frame is a roller now :) and I only get 30 minutes of HAMB each day, unless the wife is around, then, that number goes down to ZERO...hahaha shit, here she comes, gotta go

18. Jordster

Jordster

X2

I <3 HAMB.

P.S. Ruiner...gimme back my tinker toys or I'm tellin mom.

19. lugnutz9032

lugnutz9032
    from Palatka,Fl

HAMB family?Damn right!This place is proof positive that theres more to family than a little bit of shared DNA.I've recieved good advise from countless others over the last year.Thanx to all.:)

20. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Well if this is a family I want to be the weird uncle. :)

I have met and made friends of folks from all over the country on this site. Well said Jeff.

21. SteadyT

SteadyT

I like it here. Not really caring about any other sites nowadays.

I like running into people here I know across the country not knowing that either of us are members. Pretty rad.

22. Ya got my vote. The HAMB is #1 and Ryan & Marcie are the best. Hell, they even like old people.

23. And don't be offended if his wife asks "Who are you and what are you doing in my house!!!???"

24. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

FINKD...your a 24kt. hamber, and that's the best there is. man it's people like you who make this ORG. work. and there are many, many just like you. so keep on rocking my brother of car lovers! call me pop...or the old FART!

25. Broncoholic

Broncoholic
    from Michigan

I am kinda new around here, Great place and well said.
    Finally got a project worthy to post up. Uncle Fester here...
    [​IMG]

My first real Jalopy:
    [​IMG]

26. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

I agree..... an outstanding place to meet. It sure distracts from work......... I hope they don't start blocking this site like they did with eBay, Craig's list, Facebook, ..........

27. tom heath

tom heath
    from Enid, Ok.

i have been working on cars over 55 years been a pro. auto trimmer all my adult lifeknow a lot of people in the trade. Ihad never heard of the H A M B untel I restarted my bussines in Ok.then a member[G V Gorden] told me about Jeff[finkd] who told me about the H A M B and Ian Berky, now we are completing a car so far above the average it takes your breath away .altho i've been in bussenes over 50 years, my new shop only sence Aug. 2009 I have to think H A M B and its members for this truley awsome chance . I dont know how to say thank you enouth to everyone , thank you from all my heart Tom

28. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

I have heard of very few bad dealings, never heard of anyone opening their home to hamb travelers that they had never really met in person before, and having any kind of problem. Hell i got family that you have to tell them to keep clapping while their in your house, ( so you know they aint steeling ) !! haha not really but you know what i mean. Yea , jk , I do owe you an apologie, I guess i should have warned the wife, she did kinda freak alittle, BUT if you had kept your pants on it might have helped!!! this place is great, mind bogling when you think of all the life changes........... jeff

29. BBobb

BBobb

Well put....Viva the HAMB!!

30. RalphyBoy161

RalphyBoy161

DAMN STR8...the H.A.M.B. is the Place!