Register now to get rid of these ads!

What was the best Christmas present you ever got?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Malibob, Nov 18, 2009.

1. lets see when i was younger... a super nintendo, damn sister sold this:mad:, and in the past couple years id have to say my Incredible Bongo Band: Bongo Rock lp that my girl got me along with another super nintendo :D

2. edweird

edweird

The year was 1972 and i got an SL 100 honda.

3. Abomb

Abomb

A 1959 El Camino from my wife.........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It took me a while, here it is 3 years later.....not exactly traditional

[​IMG]

4. axeman39

axeman39
    from Saco Maine

I just got the best gift yet, from my wife's brother, a pair of plane tickets from Maine to Arizona and back. I guess he really wants us to visit. Looks like I'm going on a Christmas junkyard crawl!

5. Big Block Bill

Big Block Bill

There are two that come to mind...... I assume you mean as an adult.... priorities change as you get older. Let me up the number to 3 now...... a 10 speed english racer I just had to have....it was doubtful that was going to happen, my parents just bought a house and we were moving first week in Jan '66. Well....there it was...a purple metal flake 10 speed. I was 14.

Next I was about 16 maybe 17 .....I'd had my eyes on this 55 chevy 150 body for a year or so. It belonged to a friend of mines older brother's friend that was in Viet Nam. My parents got ahold of him or his family and asked about the car. I don't really remember the events exactly but come christmas morning, one of the things I got was a christmas card with a picture of a 55 chevy in it.....it had to be explained to me what that ment. My parents got me that 55 for $25 and I had to drag it home, the brakes were frozen. I was the happiest kid on the planet at the time.

The next big one was either christmas '70 or '71. Chrysler had a drag racing game on the market..... That was all I wanted..... it was basically like slot cars for drag racing except you had a christmas tree and a 4 speed shifter and you had to leave on the green and shift at an exact point on the track or the car would lose power and you'd lose. My parents looked all over the tri-state area trying to locate this thing, they were all sold out. Somewhere in the city was a mopar dealer that probably had the last one left on the planet....they got it for me. It had 2 challangers, one orange, one purple. I think maybe it was pretty sad to see a group of young men, I guess 19 maybe 20 gathered around playing with this toy.... but it was another great christmas gift.

6. pdc

pdc

When I started to deer hunt, my mom and dad bought me a 30-30 Winchester model 94. I wasn't even driving yet. They put the rifle in a window blinds box. When I started to open up the box my heart sunk. Don't know why I thought they bought me blinds, but I did. Just kinda said thank you and put the box down. They had to coax me into finish unwrapping it. When I did I was estatic. Still laugh about that today. Probably the best and most memorable.

7. My father in law is taking the wife and I and our son to mexico on a week long cruise. should be fun. we are going to hit disneyland on friday the day before we leave, we did disneyland last christmas too.

8. GlenC

GlenC

Christmas Day 1978... 5 smashed ribs.

Let me explain.. I was divorced and living alone in an old caravan near the beach. Every day before and after work I'd go for a surf, I wasn't bad either. Christmas day comes along, my family is 100's of miles away, I haven't seen my 2 little girls for months, so I go for a surf.

The beach is empty, everyone's opening their presents, except me that is. The surf is small so I start fooling around, and a wave catches my board and throws it against the right side of my chest. The pain's pretty bad so I head home, then in agony to the hospital. 5 broken ribs, 2 of them in 2 places, 1 in 3. I'm out of action for 10 weeks, no surf, no partying, no nightclubbing or chasing tail.

Ten weeks are up and I start surfing again. My surfing mates turn up at the caravan on the first Sunday afternoon and insist I go to the club with them that night. I really don't want to go, I'm sunburnt and exhausted, but they insist. We walk into the club and a mate sees 2 girls he was talking to the previous week. We sit down with them, and my mate says, "Glen this is Debbie, Debbie this is Glen."

Debbie and I recently celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary.

And if I hadn't busted 5 ribs on Christmas Day I never would have met her!

Cheers, Glen.

9. willie57

willie57
    from wisconsin

It was 1971 Christmas we went down to my aunt's house and on the way their we past the chevrolet dealer in west bend and on the lot was a 1957 chevy convertible. The next day I took all my savings out of the bank and my dad and I drove down and I purchased it.

Attached Files:

10. n1gzd

n1gzd
    from Acton, MA

A few years ago there was still no salt on the roads yet (Mass.) . Christmas morning, my husband and I went for a drive in his 1970 Cuda and then we went for a drive in my 1958 Desoto. That was the best Christmas ever (normally there is salt on the road and they are put away for the winter).

Rebecca

11. my sobriety. I quit drinkin' grandpa's cough syrup over 14 months ago, and it has changed my life. best gift anyone's ever given me was the tools to do it, and the life i've gotten as a result. Now don't go gettin' all teary eyed for me and shit lol

12. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

late 80s xmas week my daughter is dying in a hospital in NY...They said she would not last the month
    Received two and only two gifts that year.. One was a Irish stuffed animal from the city of New York and the other my daughter walked out of that hospital Feb 18
    That stuffed animal was put in the hot rod that spring and is still in it today.. Sadly my daughter passed away in 98
    Pontiac Slim

13. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My 2nd girl !!----She will be 54 tomorrow--How time flies!!!!----Don

14. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

When I was 12, my Mom surprised me on Christmas morning with a lightly used Gibson SG standard, in the Cherry finish just like I wanted. I sat up for HOURS and played it until my fingers were sore that day. That guitar has a tremendous amount of sentimental value to me, and even though many have come and gone since, I still love picking that one up.

15. fieldofcars

fieldofcars

It was after my mom and dad split up and we moved back to Mo without him. I didn't really know what was going on but it was hard that year. It was going to be a sad Christmas, I felt my heart was broke because dad wasn't there. You know how little kids think. My dad had drove all the way from Co. and placed on my grandma's porch all of our toys and swingset in the middle of the night. We woke up the next morn to our Christmas tree with toys under it but on the porch was the best presents of all. My dad still loved us and show us how much. Oh how I do miss him.

16. j conrad

j conrad

mani have to agree the green machine was awsome but my favorite toy i ever recieved was the evil knievil motor cycle , the kind you put on the stand and wind up. i played with that sucker for years but i lost it in one of my families moves.. but a couple years ago my sister found one in a thrift store or something and gave it to me for christmas.. and wouldnt you know it ,STILL FUN AS HELL :^)

17. MistGreen50

MistGreen50
    from Belen,NM

Mi Caro........

18. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

48 F1 Ford pu, lite blue, flathead, dailly driver for a couple years! Merry Christmas to ME!!! Thank you, Honey! I love you!!!

19. calvinh

calvinh

Huffy at some point in the last few years made a repro of it. My company does trashouts on foreclosures and we found one in a shed a couple of days ago. My 10 year old daughter thinks it's the best thing ever. It's way better built then te ones we had as kids. It even supports my fat ass.

20. SickBoy66

SickBoy66
    from Eugene, OR

1972 Honda SL70

[​IMG]

21. A shirt and a piece of ass... the shirt ended up being too big.

Sam

22. 1985. Schwinn Predator.
    my next door neighbor, myself and the Reed Bros. that lived around the corner all got predators. the two older guys got the ones in black trim and chris and i got the ones in red trim.

i'll NEVER forget that morning when we all met up in the middle of the street on our bikes. we RULED Bodger Park.

23. calvinh

calvinh

When I was 8 or 9 my mom got me the Bigfoot and Orange Blossom Special monster trucks and car crush set. Those were one of my favorites. She also got me a 1977 Camaro drag car with no motor or tranny my sophmore year of high school. I raced that car through high school and college and eventually sold it to put the down payment on my first house.

24. 32ford5

32ford5
    from Australia

A small blue toolbox from my Mum. I still use it. It had tools in it too. It was tough because I know she had no spare cash. I went straight out and starting undoing and doing back up all the bolts on my second bike. That's when I learned about doing bolts up too tight. It was a good early lesson.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  25. 32ford5

32ford5
    from Australia

TTT for Christmas 2009

26. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Christmas eve 1955 My mom suggests that we open our gifts instead of waiting for Christmas morning. WTF? We had NEVER done that before. Well, my sister and I were thrilled to get a head start on Christmas so we all exchanged gifts and Santa's visit took place during a suggestion by my dad that my sister and I go down to the basement and play before bedtime.
    After the gifts were opened the neighbor lady came over and mom announced that she was going to the hospital. She was pregnant at the time and the next morning DEC.25TH dad came home with the news we had a new baby brother, born 2:00 that morning. Bradley Howe Burrell, the best Christmas present I've ever gotten, and I've had some terrific Christmas's

Frank