Register now to get rid of these ads!

You open the door and your heart almost stops....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bill Morgan, Sep 21, 2009.

1. superbeeme

superbeeme
    from georgia

Wow I sorry but this thread sucks..... All those fine cars and I didn't even get close enough to smell the exhaust fumes. Why does it always happen to me??? I would have loved to just gotten close to those cars!!!

2. ROADRAT EDDIE

ROADRAT EDDIE
    from New york

What are these side view mirrors?

[​IMG]

3. Yankee

4. guiseart

guiseart

...now i have to change my pants.

5. guiseart

guiseart

mirrors are 60's Olds I think

6. scrape

scrape

so, are these car for sale????

7. Cool57 nailed the mirrors. They were produced by Yankee Metal Products.

It seems to me that particular mirror style appears on two-thirds of the '57 Chevies I see.

8. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They're decent cars for sure. It's more fun when you open the door and the room is full of Packards, Pierce Arrows, Cadillac 12s n 16s, and the old lady wants to double her old man's investment...from 40yrs ago! Now that's a heart stopper. I'll let you know after it happens...if ever!!

9. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

It a damn shame they let them get all dusty like that.

10. Adam.Perrault

Adam.Perrault
    from Phoenix AZ

it wouldn't be too bad if it was road dirt!

11. It washes off.....

Attached Files:

12. It most certainly does! Awesome.

13. I'll take the '55.:D

14. il Revrunde

il Revrunde

Something doesn't add up here. While the find is worthy of a palpitation, all the inquiries as to what the deal is or whats happening to them are going blatantly unanswered. Yet they all are getting rehabed and some have new owners. All the silly Q's about mirrors and steering columns are gladly answered in detail. So what gives!

15. A little feature called a PM allows every question to be answered.....

16. 4 2 GO

4 2 GO

They towed the Chev's in.

17. Cranked right up after sitting for 19 years, with the only problem being a leaky water pump. A new one is on the way, and the roadster is gonna be driven regularly after that repair.

Attached Files:

18. synthsis

synthsis

So, after 4 pages, it still hasn't been answered: Are they for sale? Are you helping the family get the cars back in order, etc? What's the story? thx!

19. The copper colored 4 door hardtop 57 Chevy is for sale in Lubbock's Craigslist for $9800...

20. So is the yellow 31...$9800 on craigslist.

21. Mein Gott in Himmel! Pants suddenly uncomfortably tight; feeling of lightheadedness. Breaking a commandment coveting that Apache. It's perfect in every way. (Head between knees, in through the nose, out through the mouth.)

22. Now being driven regularly. It was beautifully clean everywhere.

A '78 305 SBC and TH-350 automatic had been grafted in. The fabrication of the motor mounts was functional but awfully amateurish - 1" X 3" C-channel turned on edge and welded to the frame, topped by flat plate mounts cut out freehand with a butane torch, apparently, given the uneven edges, after a night of heavy drinking followed by morning shakes. The welds looked kinda like cold toothpaste dabbed on with a tongue depressor.

Attached Files:

23. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

That carpet looks like astro turf! Is that a second gen F-body console too? Still a good looking truck regardless.

24. Your eye is on the money on both accounts...indoor/outdoor carpet and a partial Camaro/Firebird console and shifter.

What's not discernible in the pictures is that this obviously was a farm truck whose body was not slicked up before it got a pretty decent paint job. The right side of the bed had been dented up by irrigation pipe being loaded on a side rack, and the body man/painter/lazy ass just smoothed the panel with bondo, which is beginning to crack away.

On the plus side, the entire undercarriage of the truck was nicely cleaned, prepped, and painted.

If I ever have to replace another under-the-floor master cylinder on one of these trucks, it'll be two too many.

25. Irish

Irish

Me too! My dad had one the same salmon pink and grey two-tone.

26. Smoke Gray over Coral, offered only in 1955.

Only a single problem left with this car - the shifter linkage is so worn it won't put the iron 'Glide in reverse. By the time all slack has been taken up, there's insufficient movement to push the reverse lever the final 1/8-inch.

Attached Files:

27. Irish

Irish

Cool Bill! Thanks for the pics and story - fun thread! You can actually see the rear end of dads 55 in my avatar behind the coupe.