Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1930 sedan project pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jtille, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Sure it is, as in "kill the family of four in the Malibu when your main leaf fails"

2. Soreback

Soreback

Nice start looks great

3. 21tat

21tat

Looks killer.

4. jtille

jtille

Thanks for all the kind words people.

5. superbeeme

superbeeme
    from georgia

Its looking good!! ;)

6. jtille

jtille

Would that be a malibu 2 door hardtop,convert, 4 door ss, or maybe a wagon if a wagon could fit a few more than 4 ..Even a 2 door with bench seat 5 or 6 depending on size.Anyway when my car is on the street I will do my best to stand clear of any and all malibu cars

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009
  7. doctorZ

doctorZ

the suspension looks like it will work like stock. instead of being pushed down in the center of the pack, it will be pulled. when mounted to the wishbones, the perches will pull up on the main leaf, not push down on it. this will put weight over all of the springs in the pack. it is totally safe as long as it is done right.

8. Brahm

Brahm

very bad ass, I hope my project cause out half as good as yours!

9. where did you get those adapters to run the wide 5's in the rear?

10. keen eye dude! that's correct if you look at the setup it'll be pushing up on the main leaf not pulling down,the spring pack is correct for this application,it's definately different but it will also shift your center of gravity in the center of the wishbones where it's located,think of it as a teeter-tauter,might put some undue stress right in the center of the bones' vs. at the ends where the metal is thicker and the forged perch yokes are welded, adding strength,those hemis weigh alot! just my 2 cents on that one.

11. jtille

jtille

Primeisnotacrime....The chop is 6 inches....The wide 5 adapters came from Dick spadaro @ 518-861-5367

12. doctorZ

doctorZ

i did a very similar suspension set-up on my car. coincidentally, it too is a 1930 ford sedan. i found that by using adjustable perches instead of the standard ones, it removes the stress to the wishbone caused by the twisting that occurs when the suspension is compressed.

13. thanks man,i was maybe planning on the same thing for my 30 tudor don't know yet...still in the planning stages

14. jtille

jtille

Got my bmw steering box...cowl style steering

DSC01770.jpg

DSC01768.jpg

15. abone1930

abone1930

Killer abone, like the looks :D

16. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

17. jtille

jtille

Thanks for the nice words people!!!

18. 31modelo

31modelo

Your definatly thinkin a little out of the box on the set up in the front. I'd have to agree with Tman under slung frame,hemi( heavy motor) not using spring as it was designed. I'd get some solid facts from a Pro and not this peanut gallery. Unless your cutting evertthing ahead of the perch on the frame you have no travel. You may make funny about the malibu comment but if this was a good idea as far as design goes I'd think we'd seen this done a couple times before in the last 50+ years of hot rodding.

19. mopar210

mopar210

just caught the thread , i like it !!!!

20. jtille

jtille

definatly thinkin evertthing...Are these words. You may make funny about..and this? ok I have seen this more than a couple times in the last 3 years 50 + years back your right your looking at CCC short for COOKIE CUTTER CARS thanks for all your wonderful help I got to head back over to the peanut gallery!!!

21. WILTBILT

WILTBILT
    from VIRGINIA

Keep the pics coming....looking good.

22. 31modelo

31modelo

Your a true Maverick in the world of Hot Rodding and quite open minded gentlemen. Your keyboard bravado is very unbecoming. Hugs

23. Rum Runner

Rum Runner
    from Fla

Push back the keyboard , let down your Pompadour, clean up the PBR's, because they are obviously blocking your view of the drawing board and reality! The box is the box cause the box works! Thinking outside the box, well it doesnt always work and lemme tell you that set up is dangerous. Kisses

Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  24. jtille

jtille

I think I know what box you are talking about must be the box of cookie mix just add a chevy 350 cookie cutter car complete. so let me tell you that box of ready mix wont cut out my car maybe work for your car if you have one ...10 post and knows it all

25. Rum Runner

Rum Runner
    from Fla

No one is talking about a belly button engine we are discussing the suspension and the fact that it just isn't safe! You obviously haven't been around here long enough to know that post count dont mean dick! For your info I have never owned a car/ truck with a 350! In fact the only Chevy engine I have ever had was a .30 over 250 inline 6 with split manifold and a couple of carbs, Maybe my 413 wedge was cookie cutter along with my Cadillac 331, oh I know it it was my 337 Lincoln flathead that was cookie cutter, or hell how about the 351 that has resided in my 51 truck for the last ohh 20 plus years. how about the 331 Hemi we yanked out of the junkyard, hell even better how about the 390 Cadillac I found my buddy in the junkyard that was all rebuilt and ready to go. "Cookie Cutter" my friend is not a word used to describe me or my friends in any way. What you have is a box of instant "I gotta do it so different than anyone else so Ill be cool", Directions read , Do not pay attention to those that are older, wiser and have more knowledge than you, do what you want and thumb your nose at society and when it doesnt work they way it is "supposed to" blame it on some guy that said he did it once and it worked just fine. Put down the Rebel Rods and pick up the Rodders Journal. This is a Traditional site and that set up sure isnt traditional!

26. southpark

southpark
    BANNED

does anybody know what " SCRUBLINE" means?

yea and your 50 posts makes you a hero.

your front end is retarded. period.

the workmanship looks great and i love the car just change the front end setup.

27. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

No comment here on the front end.
    I just want to add that the detail work in the drilling of the axle and the backing plates looks super! I also love the wide-fives and the color choice. I think all of that looks great. Plus the HEMI? Niceeeeee....:D

All of these nice sedan builds are really making me re-think my wanting a coupe so hard.

Jay

28. jtille

jtille

50 post does not make me a hero but thanks! Iam still a zero on this site (newbie) some people have over 550 posts in 2 or 3 years must have a lot of good info or lots of questions or just talking trash about other peoples post.If you think my front end is retarded dont look at it...Thanks for the comment about the workmanship. I hope this site stays up and going long enough for me to finish this car and start my 2nd build!!!

29. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

This popcorn is making me thirsty!