Register now to get rid of these ads!

model A tudor to pickup cab conversion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by atotalnincompoop, Oct 29, 2009.

1. i have a '30 model A tudor, that needs a lot of help, i have been casually looking for a project truck to build before tackling the tudor. then it hit me...and i'm sure that someone else has already done this... has anyone ever made a tudor into a truck cab, or even an extended cab, using the back and part of the side rear window? the extended cab part doesn't really interest me, but i would still be interested in what you guys have done.

2. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

All I had was the cowl and doors from a sedan. Built the truck with parts I had laying around. Sold it as soon as I had it rolling. Good luck

Attached Files:

3. SteadyT

SteadyT

Yes, the truck is known as 'THE THREE STATE MISTAKE' and I believe it was built in the mid-east.

I still have the issue of CK Deluxe (yeah, I know...) that it was in two years ago.

4. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Not a pickup but well done.

[​IMG]

5. Here you go ,

Attached Files:

6. SteadyT

SteadyT

Here's the best I could find on the web of 'THREE STATE MISTAKE'. Its in the upper right corner

[​IMG]

7. the trucks nice and low, love your coupe in the video:D

8. Oldkrow

Oldkrow

Hey, find joe tx on here. Hes built a few. Im doin the same thing, but i got a 28 briggs cowl and front doors to start with...good luck. The worst part about doin the ext cab truck thing is porportion, and the rear of the roof line having the right look.

9. Here is a front shot,

Attached Files:

10. i'm not really sure how i feel about this one, your right, they did a nice job:)

11. Oldkrow

Oldkrow

What issue is that?-my subscription ran out in july...

12. your right, i was just out in my backyard looking at it trying to visualize how it should go together. thanks:)

13. this truck is almost exactly what i was imagining, although i wouldn't want to make it an extended cab, but the extra room in the side to rear curve will be nice in a chopped pickup.

14. SteadyT

SteadyT

It's issue #25, and I think its from 07 possibly...

15. Meyer

Meyer

GMC BUBBA has one called Real Steel. I think it's in his avatar. NOt sure if there is a thread on it.

16. Oldkrow

Oldkrow

I tnink once you bring up the rear section, if you the the back panel above the rear window and raise a couple of inches, it may help to even that foof line "sag". I saw a guy cut out the back side window moldings, shorten them, weld the back in place to the door jams, then bring the back panel of the car forward, and fill in the gaps. At least thats what i may attempt, but i need 2 rear briggs doors first! When you start cutting, post the pics, and i think i mentioned it before but look up joe tx. Hes on here-hes got some good answers too....hope some of this helps.

17. if i end up doing it, which i'm thinkin i will, i'll take pics of the whole process.
    thanks

18. Big Khaunaa

Big Khaunaa

fu@# your dodge mega cab

i really like it

19. Bent

Bent
    from Canada

Any more info on this one? I like it!

20. Hyway Hauler

Hyway Hauler

What would you do for a tiltle if you convert a car into a truck? Can you get the title changed?

21. Oldkrow

Oldkrow

Just tell them it was a fordor converted to a pickup for the war effort! I beleive they did that back then!

22. i don't have a title with mine, so i guess i would just register it as a truck when its done.

23. v8 Bake

v8 Bake

Be very careful how you do the back of cab. Seen some I liked but they made the back straighter than the sedan back.I think the sedan rear is too curved.My $.02

24. Oldkrow

Oldkrow

heres a question for anyone to answer. im doing the same build, but i have a 28 briggs cowl and doors. so do the 30/31 sedans line up the same?, say if was to use briggs and model A sedan parts together. i always see people selling the window mouldings after a chop. i know the bead line, or belt line on a 28 briggs is the same as a 30/31 model A, so are the parts interchangeable.

25. LesIsMore

LesIsMore
    from Ohio

This was a picture I took at the Glenmoor Gathering in Ohio, a local guy built it, he is in a model A club near Dover, Ohio, anyway he said now that he is gettiing older the small As didnt give him the room he wanted, so he built this truck. Took an old miner AA frame and chassis I guess and melded it with the 4dr sedan body, it is actually a near flawless execution in my book, the craftsmanship and attention to detail is amazing. It is ALL early ford parts, he is a true ford fan and did it in a way that any purist would be proud even if this model never existed.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/leslehman/GlenmoorGathering2009#5383708812754372146
    http://picasaweb.google.com/leslehman/GlenmoorGathering2009#5383708825593056274
    http://picasaweb.google.com/leslehman/GlenmoorGathering2009#5383708836271994834
    http://picasaweb.google.com/leslehman/GlenmoorGathering2009#5383708856293649490
    http://picasaweb.google.com/leslehman/GlenmoorGathering2009#5383708866658695842
    http://picasaweb.google.com/leslehman/GlenmoorGathering2009#5383708869250978530

26. Oldkrow

Oldkrow

When are we gonna see some pics???

27. Crankshaft

Crankshaft

Took some digging but I found the article. Lookup HAMB member topcat662 and look at threads he started. There's one that'a a poll and he's showing how he shortened a sedan to a truck. I'm sure if you contact him, he can give you more details. The thread had photos but they were small. Hope this helps.
    Crank

28. Realist

Realist

I wonder if anyone makes a fiberglass conversion for a Model A sedan-to-pickup? Years ago, I built a VW Beetle pickup, with a 'glass rear body panel. Can't remember who made it, now.