Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why do T-buckets get no respect?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xlr8, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silent_Orchestra

Silent_Orchestra
    BANNED
    from Omaha, NE

Yes, yes it is...I can come over and mix in some FUCKIN' if you want...;)

2. To Tall

To Tall

Now thats funny
    Fucking yellow is like billet if you sand down the sharp edges and sand blast it looks ok:D

3. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

"And then the witch doctor, he gave me this advice
    He said to ... 'Oo... Eee... Oo.. Ah-ah..."

4. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

Ding dang walla walla big bang !

I love my yellow T and my frame is black, one might think it was bumble bee related or some thing like that :p ;)

5. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

One time I was out for a little ride back home in Canada a long long long time ago before they invented the wheel and I was having a little problem with my tranny sticking in gear any ways next thing I knew a RCMP policeman was pulling up beside me and motioning for me to pull over. First thing he said wow what a nice car and then he stated that he was doing 75mph and I was pulling away from him," like a bat out of hell". He then went and listed 20+ things he could bust me for. It was -33 below zero and I didn't have a firewall in my car as I had just channeled it and the wind was going up my pant leg, I was frozen, all I was doing was a little test drive to see if it was still sticking in gear. He said it sure looked like I spent alot of time on the car, and then to my surprise he told me to take it easy and go home and get the tranny working right ! Wow right on !!:)

6. AZCOWBO

AZCOWBO

I Luv'em and have three, and own the mold to the mold to the "Monster-T"!!

Attached Files:

7. Cary Foster

Cary Foster

I LIKE EM. 355 4speed. Currier rear end. Posi. 3.70 gears. 1700 pounds and fast as ya want to go.

Attached Files:

8. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

The year was 1967 July 6,7,8 the car was advertising the first Canadian Nationals Drag Races in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada the car was built by Al Ducharme it was the 1st T-Bucket in Manintoba. It had a 348 Chevy engine with a steel body.

The helmets met nothing it was for fun a goof !

9. wydopn231

wydopn231

hey I love T-Buckets.bare minimum and a motor.I want to build one but have to many projects going now.I have whipple cuper charger I think would look kick ass in little bucket.would look like those toys we all played with ,the motor twice the size of the car.

10. xlr8

xlr8
    from Idaho

Please post a pic of the "whipple cuper charger" so we can see what the hell one is.

11. heavy duty r/c

heavy duty r/c
    from Greer s.c.

IMG_0098.JPG

IMG_0099.JPG [/attach]662816[/attach]

Opinions appreciated!

12. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Cool ride you have there.

13. To Tall

To Tall

14. Flatbush

Flatbush

You guys who don't like um are missing the point. T-buckets, like Motorcycles are all about function and the mechanicals, the motor and all its details, tires and wheels, exhaust, differential etc, and fit and finish, nothing at all about artistic qualities like paint

15. D-fens

D-fens
    from Huntsville

Ain't this the goddamned truth. Man, some of us just don't have 40 or 50K just sitting around to build a rod, traditional or otherwise.

Buckets make great entry-level rods - when you can get a knockdown frame kit and a bare body for like $600 and have one on the road for about maybe 75% of what Brookeville gets for a '32 roadster body, it's kinda hard to shoot one down.

I think people get it wrong when they forget it's supposed to be an ENTRY LEVEL car, and get all wrung out trying to make a bucket something it ain't.

I also think Ted Brown and the Early Times crew had a pretty decent handle on T-Bucket style back in the day.

16. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Able to express your opinion without shitting on others = Reasonable person.

Not able to express your opinion without shitting on others = insecure... and maybe even a little uneducated.

I'll try to clean this thread up.

17. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

I'll repost in a less argumentative manner. lol

Stating that someone must be missing the point because they don't share your opinion in absurd. Some of us just frankly aren't into buckets. I wouldn't go stating that they are all about function though, because the entire basis of what the T Bucket came from was the style, not the function. If you were going to argue bare bones function in terms of hot rodding you'd be talking about modifieds. Nothing excessive at all, nothing added strictly for the bling of it... just bare bones performance. Just my opinion anyhow.....

It takes all kinds in this world, and frankly, some of us aren't missing the point, we just don't all like the same things.

If we did, the world would be a very boring place. :p

18. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

As a Hot Rodder for 50+ years I totally agree thank god we all don't like the same things!

Cheers man
    Andy

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

19. Cool_32

Cool_32

Any pic's of this from the r/h side?? Note it is right hand drive, interested how the steering is run.

20. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

I wonder where "modifieds" leave off and "T buckets" begin. Is it a sbc, auto trans, too much brass, too high windshield,? Or maybe all of the above.

The biggest compliment I think I ever got was in a caption under a picture of my roadster taken in R.&C.by Baskerville when he called it a T modified.

21. I have posted this before, My son's get more attention, and more new girl friends then I can be live.
    At Autorama Detroit, 1994 They made a class for me call Radical Altered Rod. Being the only in the class I won

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  22. dustytrails

dustytrails
    from norfolk va

[​IMG]don;t care who don't like it it's mine and i love it draws a lot of attention when driveing around and goes from zero to scary in a hurry,like someone else said on here i run out of balls before i run out of speed

23. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

THeres a cool one for sale in the calssifieds :D

24. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

Gee you would think that there would be more postings here to this web site as T-Buckets were among the First Hot Rods !
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

25. THESNEAKYTIKI

THESNEAKYTIKI

I will second that. That car is very classy and traditional. Most of them look like their names.......BUCKETS:) They generally have clapped out motors and garbage accessories all over them. For 10-15 thousand you can buy a much nicer car.

26. full house Mouse

full house Mouse

I have been building hot rods for 55 years and one of the many reasons people built them years ago was they wanted some thing different but didn't have a lot of money. When I started I was kid and had nothing except a 32 three window ford but that was good enough for me.

Later I happened on to a T-Bucket and have driven it most of the way around the world, I was going to go all the way around but i met an nice lady.

The thing that I learned was that most people loved my car while on the road. They had never seen anything like it and blown out by it.

Even guys with Lambo's and Ferrari's all liked my T-Bucket.

So I put my faith in what I have seen and learned rather than some body back home with nothing to do but be negative!

If you can't say some thing nice sit and sit and listen till something positive comes into your head!

I was talking to a guy the other day who built some of the top Hot Rods in USA and won many major shows for 20 years and he said to me he gets tired of all the negativity on these web sites !

That's why he doesn't look at them much.

Its sad but true, best to say nothing till one really has some thing to add that is positive.

27. RDAH

RDAH
    from NL, WI

I built a 23-T 7 years ago. Well it might be a 24,25,26,or 27 also. I'm 60 now and I think they are cool when they are traditional 50's, 60's era. 20 inch wide tires and blown motors just don't look right to me. Mine has a flathead with a C4 trans and some people don't think thats right. Hey whatever turns your crank, just do it, and drive it.

28. Gator

Gator

29. T's are great if done right. unfortunately, a lot of them aren't and that's where the bad rap comes from. Personally, I've seen to many 350/350 combo's, of course, you see too many of them in general. If I had to mention one thing I don't like about them, which I've mentioned many times, is that a lot of them end up looking like clown or cartoon cars. Basic, old school usually come out right, but some of the Billett, overdone ones look like toys. Just my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.