Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whos been to moon eyes xmas party???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldskolrick, Nov 11, 2009.

1. oldskolrick

oldskolrick

My friends and i are flying down to thr moon eyes xmas show i relize its on the saturday but dos anything go on friday nite and sunday and how many cars show up thanks guys

2. Sando

Sando
    from Burbank CA

Dont know if anything is going on before or after but there will be a hell of alot of cars there for sure

3. Been down there the last three yrs (usually drive down Friday night after work. This year hoping to be driving, or at least trailering over the hill, the '39), there's a number of local car clubs that have before, later that night, and Sunday get-togethers. Punch up various hot rod chat sites and post your question and you'll eventually find the club get-togethers that are inviting anyone and everyone.

The show itself is a ton of cars (from Rad to Mad, and everything in-between), and drag racing for timeslips at the dragstrip located at the back of the parking lot. Bands, tons of food, vendors, pin-up girls by the dozens taking pics with cars and... definately an 8:00-5:00 full day. Bring your digital camera and plenty of rechargeable batteries. Have fun.

4. jasone

jasone

This show is on my list of "must attend" every year. You will not be sorry. Even when there is a huge possibility of rain, tons of cars still show up.

5. mackster

mackster

its also on my list of must attend. its great! be there before 8am if you can...to avoid the long lines to getting in. the best legal fun you can have in SO CAL!:D

6. Definitely get there early, line to park is looooonnnnggggg!!!!!!!!! But bithcin show, been going for years and Irwindale is the best local yet.

7. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

Mooneyes is definately a must for me as well. Ive been going since it was at the police station and i think its better now then ever! It gets bigger every year...As far as anything to do the night before for me its just wash the car and try getting some sleep which usually doesnt happen haha

8. 6deucecaddy

6deucecaddy

Great show, I'll be there. Unfortunately none of my cars are done. So ill be taking my civilian car. There is sometimes drama though with all the gay greaser crews. It's fun watching the fags fight.

9. ramzoom

ramzoom
    from California

Unforunately this is true.....The cartoon 50's crowd does attend in numbers...

10. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I've wanted to go to this show for the past couple years. Gonna try to make it happen this year, I'm looking for a good flight, fingers crossed!

11. Im thinkin of drivin over from tucson again,its a gas of a show and much better than when it was at the cop shop (made me itchy).keep watchin the HAMB cause soomeone always list something before or after........

12. HELLMET

HELLMET

whats the date .

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

14. here.........................I want one of the posters if nothing else

Attached Files:

15. 6deucecaddy

6deucecaddy

Yeah too many people care more about the scene then the cars. But a lot of sweet cars do show up and it is still a great show.

16. oldskolrick

oldskolrick

Ya know what you mean we have them here to i call them posers they buy and drive old cars but when you talk to them they have no clue of what these cars and times were about it dont get me wrong theres alot of good people out there but like anything theres always an asshole in every crowd.So you cant let that ruin it for you just enjoy the show and yourself

17. oldskolrick

oldskolrick

COOL rodster

18. SQUINTS24

SQUINTS24
    from Monrovia

been going for the past 3 years and has been real good fun, but like mackster says, try to get there before 8 last year i got there about 7 and there was even still a long line !

19. tooslow54

tooslow54

I've been wanting to go forever...unfortunately it's always the same weekend as PRI. One of these years the schedules won't conflict.

20. I have been going for years great event, the parking lines really suck at Irwindale. But still a BIG event and a good variety of cars.

CBB

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  21. ramzoom

ramzoom
    from California

I'll be there... hopefully with the Rambler or Hambler as my buddy calls it......

[​IMG]

22. mackster

mackster

yup yup! two years ago, I lost over an hour at the entrance.... lines were so bad, you can see the cars aging!....I dont take that chance anymore. I go early and hope you all do too!:D

23. If the lines get all the way to Irvine, I'll walk. It is in Irwindale.

24. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Its a great show and a must attend for custom car fans,one of the best shows all year.

25. Whoop's, now corrected.

CBB

26. Been every year for the last 4. Always take the wife and daughter. It's a great show.

27. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

I haven't made it to that show yet, but, I hear its a pain in the ass to get into the complex. I also heard the local PD isn't super nice either.

But, I've never been, so I can't substantiate those claims. I only serve to pass the info along.

28. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I got there at 6 am and the line was backed up.................so if you dont wanna wait in line........get there at 5am?

29. Kerry67

Kerry67

What is wrong with being part of the scene? That is fun as well and it goes great with the cars.

30. The Rockasilly scene is not part of any car culture. It's not the reasons I got into the cars.